Home > Nortriptyline hydrochloride > Ringing in the ears > Nortriptyline hydrochloride and Ringing in the ears
Review: could Nortriptyline hydrochloride cause Ringing in the ears (Tinnitus)?
Summary: Ringing in the ears is found among people who take Nortriptyline hydrochloride, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Fish oil, and have Pain management.
We study 956 people who have side effects while taking Nortriptyline hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 8 have Ringing in the ears. Find out below who they are, when they have Ringing in the ears and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Nortriptyline hydrochloride and have Ringing in the ears >>>
Nortriptyline hydrochloride (latest outcomes from 1,483 users) has active ingredients of nortriptyline hydrochloride. It is often used in depression.
Ringing in the ears
Ringing In The Ears (a ringing in the ears) (latest reports from 115,576 patients) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, stress and anxiety.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 956 people reported to have side effects when taking Nortriptyline hydrochloride. Among them, 8 people (0.84%) have Ringing In The Ears.
Time on Nortriptyline hydrochloride when people have Ringing in the ears * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Ringing in the ears||25.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Ringing in the ears when taking Nortriptyline hydrochloride * :
|Ringing in the ears||50.00%||50.00% |
Age of people who have Ringing in the ears when taking Nortriptyline hydrochloride * :
|Ringing in the ears||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||28.57%||42.86%||28.57% |
Severity of Ringing in the ears when taking Nortriptyline hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Ringing in the ears||0.00%||0.00%||60.00%||40.00% |
How people recovered from Ringing in the ears ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Ringing in the ears||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain management (2 people, 25.00%)
- High blood cholesterol (1 people, 12.50%)
- Cancer - breast (1 people, 12.50%)
- Neuropathy (1 people, 12.50%)
- Indigestion (1 people, 12.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Fish oil (1 people, 12.50%)
- Coenzyme q10 (1 people, 12.50%)
- Tamoxifen citrate (1 people, 12.50%)
- Teva (1 people, 12.50%)
- Oxycontin (1 people, 12.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Ringing In The Ears while taking Nortriptyline Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Nortriptyline hydrochloride and have Ringing In The Ears
- support group for people who take Nortriptyline hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Ringing In The Ears
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Nimotop for curing tinnitus?
(Asked by a 56 year old man who has Tinnitus, and takes Nimotop)
i have tinnitus and the doctor is giving me nimotop 30 mg is this good?
- Can this medication cause the ears to ring?
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Protonix)
I developed tinnitus about one year ago. I understand that there is no cure for it. I'm researching it myself. I'm also in a research program that requires me to wear small ear generators. It doesn't seem to help at this time.
- Have you taken levothyroxine and noticed a ringing in your eyes after taking the medication.
(Asked by a 66 year old man who has Tinnitus, and takes Levothyroxine Sodium)
Never had ringing before taking Levothyroxine for thyroid problem.If you have experienced the same please respond when and if you had the same.Thanks
- Does zoloft cause ringing in the ears, like tinnitus? i've been on it for a month and noticed the ringing in the ears about a week ago, and it's just constant ringing and it's driving me insane.
(Asked by a 24 year old man who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Benadryl, Tylenol, Lialda, Azathioprine, Prednisone, Ambien, Zoloft)
I've been on most of the medications for more than a year and it hasn't been that bad getting used to them. But I've been on Zoloft and ambien for about a month now, and I've been noticing a lot of side effects. The one I just recently noticed and that has been driving me completely insane, is the r ...
- Tinnitus sufferers using buspar ,did ringing get worse
(Asked by a 60 year old woman who has Tinnitus, and takes Zoloft)
I am on Zoloft & ringing has been bad last 7 days..dr thinks BuSpar would be milder, just heard scary stories of worse ringing...any help appreciated
More questions for: Nortriptyline hydrochloride, Ringing in the ears
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Ringing in the ears from linzess
(Posted by a 23 year old woman who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Linzess)
I started Linzess about a month ago, taking it about every three days. It was my miracle pill, until recently when I started having ringing in my ears. I am stopping the medication in hopes that the ringing will subside.
- Side effects of using terazosin
(Posted by a 64 year old woman who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Terazosin Hydrochloride)
I have been on terazosin for 9 days. The ringing in my ears is unbearable, dizzy in the night if I wake up to use the bathroom, intermittent throbbing heartbeat. Also very significant is dramatic decrease in libido and difficulty achieving satisfaction. Dose started at 5 mg at night, reduced to 2 ...
- Still ill after several years
(Posted by a 43 year old man who has Sweating, Headache, Vertigo, Restlessness, Throat - Sore, Pain - Joints, Fatigue - Chronic, Tinnitus, Chronic Sinusitis, and takes Beconase Aq)
I became ill several years ago.
It all started with a head cold that lasted a few months and left me with Tinnitus and chronic sinusitis.
After a nose operation and many visits to the doc and hospital, I am no closer to felling better or being cured.
My doc gave me Beconase Aq at first and th ...
- Ringing in ear after kenalog injection
(Posted by a 31 year old man who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Kenalog)
After receiving a Kenalog injection, my son's left ear started a low pitch ringing after three days from the injection. Also his lower lip has quivered several times as well. This condition has lasted for nine days and I am looking for other patients who have had a similar reaction from a Kenalog i ...
- Rocephin and levaquin drug interactions
(Posted by a 68 year old woman who has CHF, Tendon Rupture, Central Nervous System Inflammation, Peripheral Circulatory Failure, Acid Reflux, Insomnia, Peripheral Nerve Destruction, Tinnitus, PTSD, and takes Levaquin In Dextrose 5% In Plastic Container, Rocephin, Prednisone, Aspirin, Tylenol, Megace, Ambien, Valium)
I went to ER of local hospital because I was feeling puny, low energy for a while. I was on no meds, physical active all my life, yoga practiser, no crippling. I am late deafened, can speak clearly. This is a true case of attempted murder. I refused to admit myself after waiting 8 hours - I was refu ...
More reviews for: Nortriptyline hydrochloride, Ringing in the ears
- A study of side effects of Nortriptyline Hydrochloride for a patient with Headache. The patient has Leg Pain
Comments: It feels like I pulled a muscle in my hamstring. Hurts to walk but the pain is on and off.
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Nexium for a patient with Blood Pressure Increased, Reflux Gastritis. The patient has Ringing In The Ears
Comments: Constant ringing in both ears.
- A study of drug interactions between Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Cymbalta for a patient with Tension Headaches, Anxiety And Stress. The patient has Fibrin Degradation Products Increased, Blood Pressure Increased, Chest Pain
Comments: clear Mri on head, clear stress test on heart, clear lungs for PE
- A study of drug interactions between Codeine Sulfate, Sumatriptan, Sertraline, Zorvolex, Topiramate, Gabapentin, Carbamazepine, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Baclofen for a patient with Pain, Migraine, Depression, Temporomandibular Joint Syndrome, Neuralgia. The patient has Red Blood Cell Count Decreased
Comments: No yet taken any drugs to remedy
- A study of side effects of Baclofen for a patient with Hereditary Spastic Paraplegia. The patient has Ringing In The Ears (a ringing in the ears)
Comments: Have ringing in the ears and feel that it could not be because of sound it must be because of something else. It is to high it must be of the medicne I eat. Have even ringing in the left ear but very high in my righ. Same type of sound on both sides of the ears ringing sound. Help please?
What me ...
More related studies for: Nortriptyline hydrochloride, Ringing in the ears
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.