Review: could Norvasc cause Acid reflux (Gastroesophageal reflux disease)?
Summary: Acid reflux is found among people who take Norvasc, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Vioxx, and have Pain.
We study 79,026 people who have side effects while taking Norvasc from FDA and social media. Among them, 129 have Acid reflux. Find out below who they are, when they have Acid reflux and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Norvasc and have Acid reflux >>>
Norvasc has active ingredients of amlodipine besylate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 80,506 Norvasc users)
Acid reflux (stomach acids rise up) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, pain. (latest reports from 19,300 Acid reflux patients)
On Apr, 6, 2015: 79,022 people reported to have side effects when taking Norvasc. Among them, 128 people (0.16%) have Acid Reflux.
Time on Norvasc when people have Acid reflux * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Acid reflux||8.33%||12.50%||0.00%||4.17%||29.17%||45.83%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Acid reflux when taking Norvasc * :
|Acid reflux||65.08%||34.92% |
Age of people who have Acid reflux when taking Norvasc * :
|Acid reflux||0.86%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.72%||17.24%||32.76%||47.41% |
Severity of Acid reflux when taking Norvasc ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Acid reflux||11.11%||33.33%||55.56%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Acid reflux ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Acid reflux||0.00%||33.33%||66.67% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (16 people, 12.50%)
- Hypertension (13 people, 10.16%)
- Muscle spasms (9 people, 7.03%)
- Multiple myeloma (7 people, 5.47%)
- Anxiety (7 people, 5.47%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vioxx (48 people, 37.50%)
- Lipitor (34 people, 26.56%)
- Prilosec (32 people, 25.00%)
- Aspirin (30 people, 23.44%)
- Lopressor (28 people, 21.88%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Acid Reflux while taking Norvasc?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Norvasc and have Acid Reflux
- support group for people who take Norvasc
- support group for people who have Acid Reflux
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Biotin, Fish Oil, Turmeric, Plaquenil, Sulfasalazine, Itraconazole, Liothyronine Sodium, Amlodipine for a 75-year old woman with Hair Growth Abnormal, Dry Macular Degeneration, Arthritis - Rheumatoid, Histoplasmosis - Disseminated, Thyroid Disorder, High Blood Pressure.
- A study of drug interactions between Amlodipine, Sulfasalazine, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 54-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Ankylosing Spondylitis, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Ever Since I've Been Taking Atorvastatin I Have Panic Attacks
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Amlodipine, Enalapril Maleate, Simvastatin, Wellbutrin, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen for a 64-year old woman with Stress And Anxiety, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol, Depression, Pain - Back. The patient has Depression
- A study of drug interactions between Vicodin, Tramadol, Omeprazole, Losartan for a 59-year old man with Pain - Joints, Acid Reflux, Blood Pressure. The patient has Acid Reflux, Pain - Joints, Fatigue - Chronic
- A study of drug interactions between Sumatriptan, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Omeprazole, Amlodipine, Tramadol for a 48-year old woman with Migraine, Migrane Control, Stomachache, Hypertension, Pelvic Organ Injury. The patient has Severe Hypertension Despite Being Medicated, Fatigue - Chronic, Back Stiffness, Painful Feet Around Achilles And Legs - Unable To Relieve With Drugs
Recent Norvasc related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Prazosin Hydrochloride, PROZAC, Sildenafil Citrate, Atorvastatin Calcium, Amlodipine Besylate for a 49-year old man who has Major Depression, Anxiety
- Comparions of Amlodipine Besylate, Metoprolol Tartrate, Furosemide, Hydralazine Hydrochloride for a 71-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Duloxetine Hydrochloride, LOSARTAN, EQUETRO, METOPROLOL SUCCINATE, Amlodipine Besylate for a 57-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Isosorbide Mononitrate, Amlodipine Besylate for a 53-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Amlodipine, Olmetec for a 72-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.