Review: could Norvasc cause Dizziness?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 9, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.0/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 76,688 people who take Norvasc. Among them, 3,336 have Dizziness. See who they are, when they have Dizziness and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Norvasc (latest outcomes from 80,391 users) has active ingredients of amlodipine besylate. It is often used in high blood pressure, blood pressure management. Commonly reported side effects of Norvasc include high blood pressure, weakness, nausea, nausea aggravated, hypertension aggravated.
Dizziness (latest reports from 1,266,760 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol.
On Mar, 2, 2014: 76,688 people reported to have side effects when taking Norvasc. Among them, 3,339 people (4.35%) have Dizziness.
Time on Norvasc when people have Dizziness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Dizziness when taking Norvasc * :
Age of people who have Dizziness when taking Norvasc * :
Severity of Dizziness when taking Norvasc ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Dizziness ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (1,005 people, 30.10%)
- Osteoporosis (244 people, 7.31%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (180 people, 5.39%)
- Pain (179 people, 5.36%)
- Depression (116 people, 3.47%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (761 people, 22.79%)
- Lipitor (500 people, 14.97%)
- Lisinopril (436 people, 13.06%)
- Lasix (407 people, 12.19%)
- Plavix (388 people, 11.62%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Norvasc, Dizziness
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Norvasc (amlodipine besylate) is often used for high blood pressure. Find out below the conditions Norvasc is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Norvasc used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Norvasc side effects from A to Z:
Browse Norvasc drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 weeks ago):
a lot of hair loss and dizziness
From this study (1 month ago):
She had stroke in jan 2012. Right side paralysed. Cant speak.
From this study (3 months ago):
I had a dental implant on tooth #13. It was painful from day one. I had it removed a year and a half later. Two months prior to removal I couldn't see straight while driving. feels like a roller coaster. cant take turns. thought I was having a heart attack. doc tried to put me on antidepressant. Even after implant was removed I still have "vertigo" and all other symptoms. I changed BP med from atenol to amlodipine.. thought it was atenol giving me anxiety. anxiety is better but I still cant drive or see straight.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Norvasc, Dizziness
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Melformin and hiccups
Started Metformin yesterday at 250 mg after breakfast. Severe hiccups for 5+ hours, approx 5 - 10.30 p.m. Very hard to relieve by breathing into a bag and took several tries to stop. Could not stop until I alkalised with Bi-carb soda in water, twice. Started again in the night, about 1.30 am. Took ...
- Fibromyalgia & related health issues
Fibromyalgia dx after pregnancy of only child at 42/other dx followed and seem to be in conjunction. heart issues did not appear until after the use of fibro meds- cymbalta, lyrica, neurontin, and more. had 1 seizure believed to be related to seretonin syndrome/years and years of mistreatment by doc ...
- My reaction to talking sumatriptan for the first time.
after 10 minutes of taking the sumatriptan tablet i got all of the symptoms i stated and from those i developed a rare movement disorder called 'Dystonia' that has affected my right foot making me unable to walk and my right hand making me unable to write.
More reviews for: Norvasc, Dizziness
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Norvasc, Vimpat for a patient with Flu, Cozaar. The patient has Right Side Paralysed, Speech Problem, Pain In Body, Trembling And Shaking Of Hand, Dizziness
- A study of drug interactions between Niacin, B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin D, Hawthorn, Amlodipine Besylate, Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Stress, Ace Levels, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Chest Discomfort (Chest pain), Congested Nose (Nasal congestion), Nausea, Pain - Ear (Earache), Numbness And Tingling, Facial Neuralgia, Vertigo (Dizziness), Visual Disturbance
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Coq10, Nabumetone, Vitamin B12, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Chondroitin And Glucosamine, Melatonin, Pravastatin Sodium, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Norvasc, Fluoxetine Hydrochloride, Adderall Xr 10 for a patient with Health Support, To Support Heart Function, Arthritis, Low Blood Test For B 12, Pulse, Sleep At Night, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Nerve Pain, High Blood Pressure, Depression, Add. The patient has Weight Loss, Body Aches, Hand Tremor, Memory Impairment (Memory loss), Low Energy, Dizziness, High Pulse Rate
More related studies for: Norvasc, Dizziness
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.