Review: could Norvasc cause Fatigue?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 8, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.4/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 76,688 people who take Norvasc. Among them, 3,561 have Fatigue. See who they are, when they have Fatigue and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Norvasc (latest outcomes from 80,391 users) has active ingredients of amlodipine besylate. It is often used in high blood pressure, blood pressure management. Commonly reported side effects of Norvasc include high blood pressure, weakness, nausea, nausea aggravated, hypertension aggravated.
Fatigue (feeling of tiredness) (latest reports from 1,513,996 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis.
On Mar, 8, 2014: 76,688 people reported to have side effects when taking Norvasc. Among them, 3,561 people (4.64%) have Fatigue. They amount to 0.24% of all the 1,504,585 people who have Fatigue.
Time on Norvasc when people have Fatigue * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Fatigue when taking Norvasc * :
Age of people who have Fatigue when taking Norvasc * :
Severity of Fatigue when taking Norvasc ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Fatigue ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (625 people, 17.55%)
- Pain (208 people, 5.84%)
- Osteoporosis (191 people, 5.36%)
- Depression (170 people, 4.77%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (139 people, 3.90%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (940 people, 26.40%)
- Lasix (617 people, 17.33%)
- Lipitor (602 people, 16.91%)
- Toprol-xl (391 people, 10.98%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (376 people, 10.56%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Norvasc, Fatigue
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Norvasc (amlodipine besylate) is often used for high blood pressure. Find out below the conditions Norvasc is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Norvasc used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Norvasc side effects from A to Z:
Browse Norvasc drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 months ago):
taking Cortef 20mg/day > 1 month & stopped medication suddenly prior to symptoms
From this study (10 months ago):
Louise on Jun, 9, 2013:
Is it dangerous to go out in the sun while playing golf in the summer while on Diovan? 64 y/o female, New Orleans.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Is a side effect of losartan hair loss?
My doctor took me off Lisinopril due to the cough and put me on Losartan. After about 1 year I noticed hair breakage and hair loss. Can the hair damage be reverse by going back to Lisinopril?
- What causes low oxygen blood level
Since retiring I have been experiencing the above conditions. It seems to be progressive. My physician monitored my oxygen level for a night's duration and the level was as far down as a 69 level.
- What are the effects of multiple drugs on chromagranin a levels?
I have been diagnosed with carcinoid cancer and had a very small tumor removed. My CgA levels have been, since my surgery, below 200. Recently, the number jumped to 2000. My doctor and I are trying to find out if any of the many drugs I take, in addition to my diabetes medications and insulin, can ...
More questions for: Norvasc, Fatigue
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Melformin and hiccups
Started Metformin yesterday at 250 mg after breakfast. Severe hiccups for 5+ hours, approx 5 - 10.30 p.m. Very hard to relieve by breathing into a bag and took several tries to stop. Could not stop until I alkalised with Bi-carb soda in water, twice. Started again in the night, about 1.30 am. Took ...
- Fibromyalgia & related health issues
Fibromyalgia dx after pregnancy of only child at 42/other dx followed and seem to be in conjunction. heart issues did not appear until after the use of fibro meds- cymbalta, lyrica, neurontin, and more. had 1 seizure believed to be related to seretonin syndrome/years and years of mistreatment by doc ...
- Epilepsy and depression drug side effects
42yo male having infrequent seizures since he was 19yo.
Was recently placed on Neurontin and Topamax after a single seizure. This combination of meds appeared to increase the frequency of seizures ( from 1 every few years unmedicated, to 1 every month ). Dosage being increased after each seizure. ...
More reviews for: Norvasc, Fatigue
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Prilosec Otc, Atorvastatin Calcium, Baby Aspirin, Cortef, Gabapentin, Magnesium Chloride, Klor-con M20, Metoprolol Succinate, Amlodipine Besylate for a patient with Gastric Ph Decreased, Hypolipidaemia, Myocardial Infarction, Pituitary Tumour, Numbness And Tingling, Pvc (premature Ventricular Contraction), Hypertension. The patient has Blood Testosterone Decreased, Lower Blood Pressure (Hypotension), Malaise, Fatigue
- A study of drug interactions between B Complex Vitamin, CoQ10, Biotin, Magnesium, Calcium, Probiotics, Vitamin D, Ativan, Monodox, Prednisone, Tamoxifen Citrate, Amlodipine Besylate for a patient with Lack Of Strength, Health, Hair Loss, Fat Absorption, Osteoporosis, Intestinal Cyst, Rbc Count, Itching - Burning Eyes, Itching In The Groin, Itching Scar, Cancer - Breast, Blood Pressure. The patient has Hair Thinning (Hair loss), Knee Pain, Constipation, Fatigue, Small Bumps On Scalp And Rash Welts On Body, High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Norvasc, Zoloft, Heparin Sodium, Morphine Sulfate, Nitrostat, Zofran, Ibuprofen, Sudafed, Benadryl, Tamiflu, Bromfed-dm, Klor-con, Magnesium Oxide, Promethazine Hydrochloride, Sodium Chloride 0.9% In Plastic Container, Proair Hfa, Aluminum Hydroxide And Magnesium Trisilicate, Simethicone for a patient with High Blood Pressure, Depression, Heart Attack, Pain, Chest Pain, Nausea, Nasal Sinus Drainage, Itching, Flu, Cough, Potassium - Low, Magnesium - Low, Dehydration, Shortness Of Breath, Stomach Pain. The patient has Chest Pain, Rash Generalised (Rashes), Nausea, Back Pain, Respiratory Rate Decreased, Blood Pressure Decreased (Hypotension), Heart Rate Decreased, Fatigue, Cough, Dehydration
More related studies for: Norvasc, Fatigue
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.