Home > Norvasc > Nocturia > Norvasc and Nocturia
Review: could Norvasc cause Nocturia (Urination - excessive at night)?
We study 78,988 people who have side effects while taking Norvasc from FDA and social media. Among them, 231 have Nocturia. Find out below who they are, when they have Nocturia and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Norvasc and have Nocturia >>>
Norvasc (latest outcomes from 80,465 users) has active ingredients of amlodipine besylate. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Nocturia (the need to get up in the night to urinate) (latest reports from 42,727 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, enlarged prostate, high blood cholesterol, osteopenia.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 78,988 people reported to have side effects when taking Norvasc. Among them, 231 people (0.29%) have Nocturia.
Time on Norvasc when people have Nocturia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Nocturia when taking Norvasc * :
Age of people who have Nocturia when taking Norvasc * :
Severity of Nocturia when taking Norvasc ** :
How people recovered from Nocturia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (42 people, 18.18%)
- Pain (19 people, 8.23%)
- Osteoporosis (13 people, 5.63%)
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (13 people, 5.63%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (11 people, 4.76%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (58 people, 25.11%)
- Lasix (40 people, 17.32%)
- Levaquin (35 people, 15.15%)
- Flomax (34 people, 14.72%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (34 people, 14.72%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Nocturia while taking Norvasc?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Norvasc and have Nocturia
- support group for people who take Norvasc
- support group for people who have Nocturia
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Norvasc, Nocturia
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Not a great experience
I was on norvasc for two months and had to go off because of severe swelling of feet and legs. Also rapid heart beat and very profuse sweating. it was horrible. It also raised my blood pressure. after going off BP dropped by @least 10 points both diastolic and systolic.
- High blood pressure - find the right medication
I was going through the menopause with all the usual drama when I started feeling awful. Doc said that my blood pressure was through the roof and prescribed Lisinopril. This gave me technicolour dreams and a runny nose, so he switched me to Losartan. This made me soooo tired that I didn't want to ...
More reviews for: Norvasc, Nocturia
On eHealthMe, Norvasc (amlodipine besylate) is often used for high blood pressure. Find out below the conditions Norvasc is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Norvasc used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
More related studies for: Norvasc, Nocturia
Recent Norvasc related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Norvasc, Nocturia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin C, Lansoprazole, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Ibuprofen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman who has Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Vitamin C Deficiency, Reflux Oesophagitis, Chronic Rhinitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, IBS (18 minutes ago)
- Compare Ambien Cr and Adderall Xr 20 and Effexor Xr for a 33-year old woman (42 minutes ago)
- Doxycycline for a 25-year old man who has Acne-like Skin Bumps (55 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Actemra and Depression
- Solu-medrol and Als
- Escitalopram and Burning Sensation
- Burning Sensation and Depression
Recent user comments
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (4 hours ago)
- "Increase blood glucose while taking herceptin treatme ... " (5 hours ago)
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (8 hours ago)
- Disturbance In Sexual Arousal
- Stools Pale Or Clay Colored