Norvasc and Renal failure - from FDA reports
Renal failure is found among people who take Norvasc, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Lasix, and have Coronary artery bypass. This review analyzes which people have Renal failure with Norvasc. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 102,867 people who have side effects when taking Norvasc from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 26, 2017
102,867 people reported to have side effects when taking Norvasc.
Among them, 2,000 people (1.94%) have Renal failure
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Norvasc when people have Renal failure *:
- < 1 month: 21.21 %
- 1 - 6 months: 25.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 9.85 %
- 1 - 2 years: 8.33 %
- 2 - 5 years: 18.18 %
- 5 - 10 years: 12.12 %
- 10+ years: 5.3 %
Gender of people who have Renal failure when taking Norvasc *:
- female: 47.14 %
- male: 52.86 %
Age of people who have Renal failure when taking Norvasc *:
- 0-1: 0.06 %
- 2-9: 0.17 %
- 10-19: 0.29 %
- 20-29: 0.63 %
- 30-39: 2.91 %
- 40-49: 7.37 %
- 50-59: 19.87 %
- 60+: 68.7 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Coronary Artery Bypass (355 people, 17.75%)
- Pain (106 people, 5.30%)
- Diabetes (99 people, 4.95%)
- Aortic Valve Replacement (96 people, 4.80%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (92 people, 4.60%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix (715 people, 35.75%)
- Trasylol (507 people, 25.35%)
- Heparin (407 people, 20.35%)
- Lipitor (354 people, 17.70%)
- Aspirin (354 people, 17.70%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain (695 people, 34.75%)
- Stress And Anxiety (650 people, 32.50%)
- Injury (566 people, 28.30%)
- Emotional Distress (466 people, 23.30%)
- Fear (446 people, 22.30%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Renal failure when taking Norvasc?
- Check symptoms - is renal failure caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsRenal failure and drugs with ingredients of amlodipine besylate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeRenal failure and Norvasc from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Norvasc has active ingredients of amlodipine besylate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Norvasc 105,680 users)
Renal failure (kidney dysfunction) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple myeloma, coronary artery bypass, diabetes, pain (latest reports from 87,300 Renal failure patients).
Browse all side effects of Norvasca b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Renal failureRenal failure
Could your condition cause Renal failureRenal failure
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Hello guys, My name is favour i'm 39 male I have been using dexamethasone(tablets) with Cyproheptadine(caplet), i was too skinny and i needed to add up some flesh and based on a friend's advice i started taking one caplet of Cyproheptadine daily and 1mg of dexacortin(dexamethasone) , in no ...
when metformin was used for my diabetes my complete metabolic panel was normal but sitagliptin was added and my kidney function started getting abnormal. I stopped taking metformin per my md and 3months later my kidney functions got worse. lactic acid level also went up.
User reviews to the study
Before taking Amlodipine my wife had a series of questions for the doctor who recommended that I take it. I asked the Dr if I had his consent to record my questions and his answers in regards to the safety of taking this medication. Prior to taking 5mg Amlodipine I have never been on any drug ...