Review: could Norvasc cause Restless legs syndrome (Restless leg syndrome)?
Summary: Restless legs syndrome is found among people who take Norvasc, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Lipitor, and have High blood pressure.
We study 79,026 people who have side effects while taking Norvasc from FDA and social media. Among them, 148 have Restless legs syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Restless legs syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Norvasc and have Restless legs syndrome >>>
Norvasc has active ingredients of amlodipine besylate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 80,505 Norvasc users)
Restless legs syndrome
Restless legs syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 17,498 Restless legs syndrome patients)
On Apr, 5, 2015: 79,022 people reported to have side effects when taking Norvasc. Among them, 148 people (0.19%) have Restless Legs Syndrome.
Time on Norvasc when people have Restless legs syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Restless legs syndrome||10.00%||20.00%||0.00%||20.00%||10.00%||0.00%||40.00% |
Gender of people who have Restless legs syndrome when taking Norvasc * :
|Restless legs syndrome||61.84%||38.16% |
Age of people who have Restless legs syndrome when taking Norvasc * :
|Restless legs syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.89%||6.25%||26.79%||66.07% |
Severity of Restless legs syndrome when taking Norvasc ** :
How people recovered from Restless legs syndrome ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (22 people, 14.86%)
- Restless legs syndrome (17 people, 11.49%)
- Multiple myeloma (15 people, 10.14%)
- Arthritis (13 people, 8.78%)
- Osteoporosis (12 people, 8.11%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lipitor (60 people, 40.54%)
- Aspirin (50 people, 33.78%)
- Neurontin (50 people, 33.78%)
- Prednisone (41 people, 27.70%)
- Lasix (39 people, 26.35%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of norvasc and restless legs syndrome on
Do you have Restless Legs Syndrome while taking Norvasc?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Norvasc and have Restless Legs Syndrome
- support group for people who take Norvasc
- support group for people who have Restless Legs Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Amlodipine, Enalapril Maleate, Simvastatin, Wellbutrin, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen for a 64-year old woman with Stress And Anxiety, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol, Depression, Pain - Back. The patient has Depression
- A study of drug interactions between Sumatriptan, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Omeprazole, Amlodipine, Tramadol for a 48-year old woman with Migraine, Migrane Control, Stomachache, Hypertension, Pelvic Organ Injury. The patient has Severe Hypertension Despite Being Medicated, Fatigue - Chronic, Back Stiffness, Painful Feet Around Achilles And Legs - Unable To Relieve With Drugs
- A study of drug interactions between Amlodipine, Enalapril Maleate, Atripla for a 43-year old man with Hypertensive Heart Disease, Hiv Infection Cdc Category C3. The patient has Chest Pain, Night Sweats, Abdominal Bloating
- A study of drug interactions between Amlodipine, Perindopril Erbumine for a 66-year old man with Fatigue. The patient has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness
- A study of drug interactions between Citalopram Hydrobromide, Wellbutrin for a 25-year old woman with Depression. The patient has Restless Legs Syndrome
Recent Norvasc related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Prazosin Hydrochloride, PROZAC, Sildenafil Citrate, Atorvastatin Calcium, Amlodipine Besylate for a 49-year old man who has Major Depression, Anxiety
- Comparions of Amlodipine Besylate, Metoprolol Tartrate, Furosemide, Hydralazine Hydrochloride for a 71-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Duloxetine Hydrochloride, LOSARTAN, EQUETRO, METOPROLOL SUCCINATE, Amlodipine Besylate for a 57-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Isosorbide Mononitrate, Amlodipine Besylate for a 53-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Amlodipine, Olmetec for a 72-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.