Review: could Norvasc cause Urticaria?
Summary: Urticaria is found among people who take Norvasc, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 79,026 people who have side effects while taking Norvasc from FDA and social media. Among them, 521 have Urticaria. Find out below who they are, when they have Urticaria and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Norvasc and have Urticaria >>>
Norvasc has active ingredients of amlodipine besylate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 80,505 Norvasc users)
Urticaria (rash of round, red welts on the skin that itch intensely) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, depression. (latest reports from 51,865 Urticaria patients)
On Apr, 13, 2015: 79,022 people reported to have side effects when taking Norvasc. Among them, 521 people (0.66%) have Urticaria.
Time on Norvasc when people have Urticaria * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Urticaria when taking Norvasc * :
Age of people who have Urticaria when taking Norvasc * :
Severity of Urticaria when taking Norvasc ** :
How people recovered from Urticaria ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (91 people, 17.47%)
- Asthma (20 people, 3.84%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (18 people, 3.45%)
- Diabetes mellitus (16 people, 3.07%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (15 people, 2.88%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (106 people, 20.35%)
- Lipitor (59 people, 11.32%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (57 people, 10.94%)
- Lisinopril (43 people, 8.25%)
- Atenolol (43 people, 8.25%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of norvasc and urticaria on
Do you have Urticaria while taking Norvasc?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Norvasc and have Urticaria
- support group for people who take Norvasc
- support group for people who have Urticaria
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Tacrolimus, Amoxicillin And Clavulanate Potassium, Amlodipine Besylate for a 66-year old woman with Hypertension, Lichen Planus, Sinusitis. The patient has Skin Burning Sensation
- A study of drug interactions between PROZAC, BENICAR, ESTRADIOL, AMLODIPINE for a 62-year old woman with Depression, Hypertension, Hrt. The patient has Depression, Fat Intolerance, Irritability, Diarrhea
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Magnesium, Potassium Gluconate, Colace, Claritin, Budesonide, Perforomist, Albuterol Sulfate, Spiriva, Proair Hfa, Humalog Kwikpen, Xanax, Famotidine, Pantoprazole, Gabapentin, Warfarin Sodium, Prednisone, Amoxicillin, Tikosyn, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Hydromorphone Hydrochloride for a 61-year old woman with Vitamin D Decreased, Vitamin K Decreased, Constipation, Allergic Sinusitis, Copd, Diabetes, Anxiety Disorder, Upset Stomach, Diabetic Nephropathy, Protein C Deficiency, Post-exposure, Atrial Flutter, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Pain. The patient has Rash Generalised, Itching, Hives, Urticaria
Recent Norvasc related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Amlodipine, Enalapril Maleate for a 66-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Prazosin Hydrochloride, PROZAC, Sildenafil Citrate, Atorvastatin Calcium, Amlodipine Besylate for a 49-year old man who has Major Depression, Anxiety
- Comparions of Amlodipine Besylate, Metoprolol Tartrate, Furosemide, Hydralazine Hydrochloride for a 71-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Duloxetine Hydrochloride, LOSARTAN, EQUETRO, METOPROLOL SUCCINATE, Amlodipine Besylate for a 57-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Isosorbide Mononitrate, Amlodipine Besylate for a 53-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.