Review: could Norvasc cause Weight gain (Weight increased)?
Summary: Weight gain is found among people who take Norvasc, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 79,026 people who have side effects while taking Norvasc from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,339 have Weight gain. Find out below who they are, when they have Weight gain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Norvasc and have Weight gain >>>
Norvasc has active ingredients of amlodipine besylate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 80,505 Norvasc users)
Weight gain has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder, pain, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 76,623 Weight gain patients)
On Mar, 30, 2015: 79,022 people reported to have side effects when taking Norvasc. Among them, 1,339 people (1.69%) have Weight Gain.
Time on Norvasc when people have Weight gain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Weight gain||26.98%||15.87%||9.52%||17.46%||15.87%||7.94%||6.35% |
Gender of people who have Weight gain when taking Norvasc * :
|Weight gain||64.69%||35.31% |
Age of people who have Weight gain when taking Norvasc * :
|Weight gain||0.09%||0.27%||0.45%||0.18%||4.04%||13.38%||24.24%||57.36% |
Severity of Weight gain when taking Norvasc ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Weight gain||0.00%||70.00%||30.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Weight gain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Weight gain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (253 people, 18.89%)
- Depression (82 people, 6.12%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (75 people, 5.60%)
- Diabetes mellitus (65 people, 4.85%)
- Pain (62 people, 4.63%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (251 people, 18.75%)
- Lasix (236 people, 17.63%)
- Lipitor (229 people, 17.10%)
- Avandia (150 people, 11.20%)
- Plavix (129 people, 9.63%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of norvasc and weight gain on
Do you have Weight Gain while taking Norvasc?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Norvasc and have Weight Gain
- support group for people who take Norvasc
- support group for people who have Weight Gain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Amlodipine Besylate, Nexium for a 55-year old woman with Pain, High Blood Pressure, Acid Reflux. The patient has Increased Thirst, Dry Skin, Diarrhea, Skin Rash, Hair Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Finasteride, Amlodipine Besylate for a 66-year old man with Prostration, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Pain - Joints
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Glipizide, Vitamin D, Simvastatin, Carvedilol, Amlodipine Besylate, Tramadol, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Januvia for a 63-year old woman with Hypertension, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Chronic Kidney Disease, High Blood Cholesterol, Pain - Bones, Depression, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent. The patient has Thigh Pain
- A study of side effects of Amlodipine for a 57-year old woman with Blood Pressure Increased. The patient has High Clostrol
- A study of drug interactions between Tamsulosin, Latanoprost, Atenolol, Amlodipine for a 81-year old man with Frequent Or Urgent Urination, Eye Degenerative Disorder, Hypertension. The patient has Muscle Pain, Feeling Hot, Diabetes Mellitus, Swelling Face, Puffy Face
Recent Norvasc related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Prazosin Hydrochloride, PROZAC, Sildenafil Citrate, Atorvastatin Calcium, Amlodipine Besylate for a 49-year old man who has Major Depression, Anxiety
- Comparions of Amlodipine Besylate, Metoprolol Tartrate, Furosemide, Hydralazine Hydrochloride for a 71-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Duloxetine Hydrochloride, LOSARTAN, EQUETRO, METOPROLOL SUCCINATE, Amlodipine Besylate for a 57-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Isosorbide Mononitrate, Amlodipine Besylate for a 53-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Amlodipine, Olmetec for a 72-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.