Home > Novolog > Mood swings > Novolog and Mood swings
Review: could Novolog cause Mood swings?
Summary: Mood swings is found among people who take Novolog, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Lantus, and have Diabetes mellitus.
We study 12,204 people who have side effects while taking Novolog from FDA and social media. Among them, 28 have Mood swings. Find out below who they are, when they have Mood swings and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Novolog and have Mood swings >>>
Novolog (latest outcomes from 12,323 users) has active ingredients of insulin aspart recombinant. It is often used in diabetes.
Mood swings (an extreme or rapid change in mood) (latest reports from 121,885 patients) has been reported by people with quit smoking, depression, birth control, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, stress and anxiety.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 12,203 people reported to have side effects when taking Novolog. Among them, 28 people (0.23%) have Mood Swings.
Time on Novolog when people have Mood swings * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Mood swings||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
Gender of people who have Mood swings when taking Novolog * :
|Mood swings||60.71%||39.29% |
Age of people who have Mood swings when taking Novolog * :
|Mood swings||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||8.00%||4.00%||24.00%||4.00%||60.00% |
Severity of Mood swings when taking Novolog ** :
How people recovered from Mood swings ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus (7 people, 25.00%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (5 people, 17.86%)
- Heart rate irregular (4 people, 14.29%)
- Depression (3 people, 10.71%)
- Anxiety (3 people, 10.71%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lantus (13 people, 46.43%)
- Glipizide (8 people, 28.57%)
- Aspirin (7 people, 25.00%)
- Lipitor (6 people, 21.43%)
- Coumadin (5 people, 17.86%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Mood Swings while taking Novolog?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Novolog and have Mood Swings
- support group for people who take Novolog
- support group for people who have Mood Swings
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- My wife of 14 years is seeing people following her. also i cant leave my home without being accused of multiple women
(Asked by a 54 year old woman who has Hallucinations Paranoia, Mood Swings, Rubbing Her Nose, and takes Marijuana, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen)
my wife thinks people are following her. she also thinks when i go to work i'm seeing a woman. if i sit at home i'm going to the neighbors and seeing a woman. i cannot leave my home or go to work without her accusing me.
- Does taking lexapro prevent ms relapses? every time i try to stop taking lexa pro i have an ms relapse
(Asked by a 57 year old woman who has MS, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, and takes Lexapro, Novolog, Terazosin Hydrochloride)
I have been on lexapro for 9 years and was diagnosed with MS 10 years ago. Currently I am taking the new drug Tecfedra for the MS. In the past whenever I have tried to stop taking Lexapro, I have an MS Relapse. I am only on 10 mg a day and cut that in half for a few weeks as I try to quit. Is there ...
- Has it been determined if any of these people with ideations actually completed suicide.
(Asked by a 56 year old man who has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Mood Swings, and takes Wellbutrin Sr, Xanax)
This information is about my late husband. He was only on Wellbutrin 5 months, but I believe it is why he completed suicide. Has anyone loss someone while being on this medication?
- Does prazosin relieve tardive dyskensia ?
(Asked by a 42 year old woman who has Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus, Celiac Disease - Sprue, and takes Novolog)
Used Zoloft for 9 straight years. Now only take insulin. This is the only drug that is not addictive or dangerous like antidepressants are. . . Any thoughts?
- Will i gain weight taking 300 mg wellbutrin, 60mg of adderall, and 300mg of lamictal?
(Asked by a 26 year old woman who has Depression, ADD, Mood Swings, and takes Wellbutrin, Lamictal, Adderall 30)
Hi, I take 300 mg of lamictal, 60 mg of adderall, and 1/2 -2 mg of klonopin a day. My Dr just added 300 mg of wellbutrin to the mix. My body is so prone to weight gain on many medications and I'm concerned that adding the wellbutrin may do this. When he I.creased my dose of lamictal 2 months ago, I ...
More questions for: Novolog, Mood swings
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Narcolepsy, Prinzmetal's Angina , Antiphospholipid Syndrome, High Blood Pressure, Obsessive-compulsive Personality Disorder, Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome, Migraine With Aura, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Bipolar I Disorder, and takes Benadryl, Baclofen, Plaquenil, Nitro-bid, Maxalt-mlt, Imitrex, Zofran Odt, Ms Contin, Clonidine, Amlodipine Besylate, Novolog Flexpen, Levemir Flexpen, Halcion, Valium, Primidone, Neurontin, Trileptal)
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Lo loestrin and breast plate pain
(Posted by a 33 year old man who has Severe Acne And Facial Cysts, Mood Swings, Costochondritis, and takes Lo Loestrin Fe)
This has to be the worst birth control I have ever taken. I felt like two different people. I turned into a lunatic when I was in my cycle - which I never knew when I was on my cycle because I bled for two days here, four days there, 5 days another time. I never knew when I was going to bleed. My fa ...
More reviews for: Novolog, Mood swings
- A study of drug interactions between Concerta, Loestrin Fe 1/20, Lamictal, Prozac for a patient with ADHD, Birth Control, Mood Disorder, Depression. The patient has Mood Swings, Headache, Confusion Aggravated, Absence Seizure, Fainting
Comments: Lamictal was doubled and during menses, the episodes started
- A study of drug interactions between Lantus, NovoRapid for a patient with Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent. The patient has High Blood Sugar
Comments: My dad has been diabetic for about9 yrs now and started on Huminsulin then. However for the last 6 yrs he has been on Novorapid and Lantus.
Now I am suspecting a probable Somogyi effect,for the last 3 - 4 months.This started after a recent bout of hypoglycaemia during the day when the blood sugar ...
- A study of drug interactions between Morphine, Morphine Sulfate, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Lantus Solostar, Novolog, Gabapentin, Glipizide, CoQ-10, Lorazepam, Captopril for a patient with Severe Pain, Depression, Type 2 Diabetes, Neuropathy, Heart Failure, Anxiety Disorder, High Blood Pressure. The patient has I Get Little Blisters On Swollen Legs, Skin In Places Of Legs Feels Leathery, Legs A Red Purple Coler, Very Swollen Legs
Comments: My legs have been swelling severely for months they checked my heart kidneys and blood pressure none of those things are causing this
- A study of side effects of Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a patient with Migraine. The patient has Mood Swings (an extreme or rapid change in mood)
Comments: I take the pill and the next morning I'm mad and furious for no apparent reason and I don't know why .... If I don't take the pills I get the aches but it's crazy how furious I feel!
- A study of drug interactions between Klonopin, Gabapentin, Lamictal for a patient with Anxiety, Menopause Hot Flashes, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Stuttering, Paranoia, Anger, Mood Swings
Comments: Don't feel normal feel disassociated
More related studies for: Novolog, Mood swings
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Multiple Sclerosis and Aspergillosis
- Calcium Carbonate, Famotidine And Magnesium Hydroxide
- Feeding tube complications flomax
Has anyone on feeding tube taken Flomax. Any complication ... (11 hours ago)
- What side effects do you experience from sulpfasalazine?
Answer: My hair falls out too, but it was falling out before I was ... (16 hours ago)
- Feeling dizziness in the morning. is it due to glaucoma
Since 3 days I am feeling dizziness in the morning for abo ... (1 day ago)
Recent user reviews
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (1 day ago)
- Jaw pain with avastin
My sister is currently taking Avastin and after each treat ... (1 day ago)
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
Response: Do Not, I repeat Do Not take Lipitor!!! I was on 20mg for ... (2 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Norvasc, Calcium Carbonate, Famotidine And Magnesium Hydroxide, Celexa, Clozapine, Lotrimin, Enalapril Maleate, Simvastatin, Lovenox, Albuterol, Lorazepam, Meropenem, Nystatin, Zofran, Oxytocin, Quetiapine Fumarate, Vancomycin Hydrochloride for a 68-year old man who has Hypertension, Unknown, Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Bedridden, Lung Disorder, Oral Thrush, Pain, Psychosis, Pneumonia Streptococcal (17 minutes ago)
- Gabapentin for a 69-year old man who has Pain - Back (39 minutes ago)
- Lexapro for a 45-year old man who has Anxiety Disorder (1 hour ago)