Review: could Novolog cause Mood swings?
Summary: Mood swings is found among people who take Novolog, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Lantus, and have Diabetes.
We study 12,207 people who have side effects while taking Novolog from FDA and social media. Among them, 28 have Mood swings. Find out below who they are, when they have Mood swings and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Novolog and have Mood swings >>>
Novolog has active ingredients of insulin aspart recombinant. It is often used in type 1 diabetes. (latest outcomes from Novolog 12,324 users)
Mood swings (an extreme or rapid change in mood) has been reported by people with quit smoking, depression, birth control, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, stress and anxiety.(latest reports from Mood swings 24,705 patients)
On Dec, 6, 2014: 12,204 people reported to have side effects when taking Novolog. Among them, 28 people (0.23%) have Mood Swings.
Time on Novolog when people have Mood swings * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Mood swings||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
Gender of people who have Mood swings when taking Novolog * :
|Mood swings||60.71%||39.29% |
Age of people who have Mood swings when taking Novolog * :
|Mood swings||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||8.00%||4.00%||24.00%||4.00%||60.00% |
Severity of Mood swings when taking Novolog ** :
How people recovered from Mood swings ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus (7 people, 25.00%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (5 people, 17.86%)
- Heart rate irregular (4 people, 14.29%)
- Depression (3 people, 10.71%)
- Anxiety (3 people, 10.71%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lantus (13 people, 46.43%)
- Glipizide (8 people, 28.57%)
- Aspirin (7 people, 25.00%)
- Lipitor (6 people, 21.43%)
- Coumadin (5 people, 17.86%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Mood Swings while taking Novolog?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Novolog and have Mood Swings
- support group for people who take Novolog
- support group for people who have Mood Swings
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- My wife of 14 years is seeing people following her. also i cant leave my home without being accused of multiple women
(Asked by a 54 year old woman who has Hallucinations Paranoia, Mood Swings, Rubbing Her Nose, and takes Marijuana, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen)
my wife thinks people are following her. she also thinks when i go to work i'm seeing a woman. if i sit at home i'm going to the neighbors and seeing a woman. i cannot leave my home or go to work without her accusing me.
- Does taking lexapro prevent ms relapses? every time i try to stop taking lexa pro i have an ms relapse
(Asked by a 57 year old woman who has MS, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, and takes Lexapro, Novolog, Terazosin Hydrochloride)
I have been on lexapro for 9 years and was diagnosed with MS 10 years ago. Currently I am taking the new drug Tecfedra for the MS. In the past whenever I have tried to stop taking Lexapro, I have an MS Relapse. I am only on 10 mg a day and cut that in half for a few weeks as I try to quit. Is there ...
- Has it been determined if any of these people with ideations actually completed suicide.
(Asked by a 56 year old man who has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Mood Swings, and takes Wellbutrin Sr, Xanax)
This information is about my late husband. He was only on Wellbutrin 5 months, but I believe it is why he completed suicide. Has anyone loss someone while being on this medication?
- Does prazosin relieve tardive dyskensia ?
(Asked by a 42 year old woman who has Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus, Celiac Disease - Sprue, and takes Novolog)
Used Zoloft for 9 straight years. Now only take insulin. This is the only drug that is not addictive or dangerous like antidepressants are. . . Any thoughts?
- Will i gain weight taking 300 mg wellbutrin, 60mg of adderall, and 300mg of lamictal?
(Asked by a 26 year old woman who has Depression, ADD, Mood Swings, and takes Wellbutrin, Lamictal, Adderall 30)
Hi, I take 300 mg of lamictal, 60 mg of adderall, and 1/2 -2 mg of klonopin a day. My Dr just added 300 mg of wellbutrin to the mix. My body is so prone to weight gain on many medications and I'm concerned that adding the wellbutrin may do this. When he I.creased my dose of lamictal 2 months ago, I ...
More questions for: Novolog, Mood swings
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Narcolepsy, Prinzmetal's Angina , Antiphospholipid Syndrome, High Blood Pressure, Obsessive-compulsive Personality Disorder, Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome, Migraine With Aura, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Bipolar I Disorder, and takes Benadryl, Baclofen, Plaquenil, Nitro-bid, Maxalt-mlt, Imitrex, Zofran Odt, Ms Contin, Clonidine, Amlodipine Besylate, Novolog Flexpen, Levemir Flexpen, Halcion, Valium, Primidone, Neurontin, Trileptal)
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Lo loestrin and breast plate pain
(Posted by a 33 year old man who has Severe Acne And Facial Cysts, Mood Swings, Costochondritis, and takes Lo Loestrin Fe)
This has to be the worst birth control I have ever taken. I felt like two different people. I turned into a lunatic when I was in my cycle - which I never knew when I was on my cycle because I bled for two days here, four days there, 5 days another time. I never knew when I was going to bleed. My fa ...
More reviews for: Novolog, Mood swings
- A study of drug interactions between Sertraline, Novolog, Tamiflu for a patient with Mother Of Rye, Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus, Flu. The patient has Altered State Of Consciousness, Blackheads, Low Blood Sugar
Comments: I am a Type 1 diabetic on insulin pump therapy with the continuous glucose monitoring link. I also take a Sertraline pill a day to take the edge off, but do not always take it on time during the hectic weekends/holidays. The past 2 days (day 3 and 4 of Tamiflu medication) had episodes where my blood ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lantus, NovoRapid for a patient with Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent. The patient has High Blood Sugar
Comments: My dad has been diabetic for about9 yrs now and started on Huminsulin then. However for the last 6 yrs he has been on Novorapid and Lantus.
Now I am suspecting a probable Somogyi effect,for the last 3 - 4 months.This started after a recent bout of hypoglycaemia during the day when the blood sugar ...
- A study of drug interactions between Klonopin, Sertraline, Abilify, Truvada, Prezista for a patient with Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Depression, Major Depression, Hiv. The patient has Anger, Depression, Forgetfulness, Rapid Heart Beat, Dizziness, Mood Swings, Diarrhea
Comments: I cant control my anger..I have severe mood swings and lash out at people.I know that I feel like everyone is against me and trying to mess with my head.i don't want to get out of bed and I have a hard time functioning doing daily tasks.I get different feelings when im around others such as anxiety, ...
- A study of drug interactions between Pravastatin Sodium, Levemir Flexpen, Novolog for a patient with Cholesterol Management, Diabetes Mellitus. The patient has Every Kind Of Food Tastes Awful
Comments: This is a condition that's been going on for five years. If I were to bite into a piece of cake or candy, it would taste bitter.Anything you can think of that is generally sweet, including fruit, tastes bitter. Meals lack the flavor that they should have.When I eat chicken soup for instance, If I do ...
- A study of drug interactions between Benadryl, Requip for a patient with Allergic Sinusitis, Restless Leg Syndrome. The patient has Mood Swings
Comments: I've always had mood swings and have suffered with depression throughout my life. Recently I started taking Benadryl at night to help with allergies. I found that it helped me sleep better also. I'm not sure if I'm just noticing that I may have a mood disorder that's always been there or if it is ca ...
More related studies for: Novolog, Mood swings
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.