Review: could Novolog cause Muscle cramps?
Summary: Muscle cramps is reported only by a few people who take Novolog.
We study 12,212 people who have side effects while taking Novolog from FDA and social media. Among them, 4 have Muscle cramps. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle cramps and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Novolog and have Muscle cramps >>>
Novolog has active ingredients of insulin aspart recombinant. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from 12,331 Novolog users)
Muscle cramps (painful sensations caused by muscle contraction) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, pain, depression. (latest reports from 10,830 Muscle cramps patients)
On Mar, 17, 2015: 12,212 people reported to have side effects when taking Novolog. Among them, 4 people (0.03%) have Muscle Cramps.
Time on Novolog when people have Muscle cramps * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle cramps||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||66.67% |
Gender of people who have Muscle cramps when taking Novolog * :
|Muscle cramps||0.00%||100.00% |
Age of people who have Muscle cramps when taking Novolog * :
|Muscle cramps||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Muscle cramps when taking Novolog ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle cramps||0.00%||33.33%||33.33%||33.33% |
How people recovered from Muscle cramps ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Muscle cramps||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus insulin-dependent (3 people, 75.00%)
- Dermatitis allergic (1 people, 25.00%)
- Hyperacidity (1 people, 25.00%)
- Pain management (1 people, 25.00%)
- Allergic bronchitis (1 people, 25.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Tricor (2 people, 50.00%)
- Fluocinolone acetonide (1 people, 25.00%)
- Ranitidine hydrochloride (1 people, 25.00%)
- Albuterol sulfate (1 people, 25.00%)
- Darvocet a500 (1 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of novolog and muscle cramps on
Do you have Muscle Cramps while taking Novolog?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Novolog and have Muscle Cramps
- support group for people who take Novolog
- support group for people who have Muscle Cramps
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Lantus, Novolog, Strattera for a 7-year old boy with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus, Attention Deficit Disorder With Hyperactivity. The patient has Low Blood Sugar
- A study of side effects of Effexor Xr for a 65-year old woman with PTSD. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Vision - Light Sensitive (extreme sensitivity to light), Headache - Migraine With Aura (silent migraine), Sweating Increased (excess sweating), Muscle Cramps (painful sensations caused by muscle contraction), Diarrhea, Feeling Hot And Cold, Confusion, Dizziness (excl Vertigo), Nausea And Vomiting, Brain Bleeding (stroke caused by the rupture of a blood vessel in the brain)
- A study of side effects of Daliresp for a 75-year old woman with Asthma. The patient has Muscle Cramps Aggravated (painful sensations caused by muscle contraction)
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Novolog Flexpen, Lantus Solostar for a 44-year old man with Hypothyroidism, Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus. The patient has Persistent Rash And Itching
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Humira for a 47-year old woman with Ulcerative Colitis. The patient has Mouth Ulceration, Pain - Joints, Muscle Cramps
Recent Novolog related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Metformin, Novolog Flexpen, Lantus Solostar for a 50-year old woman who has Diabetes
- Comparions of Byetta, Levemir, Lantus, Novolog for a 77-year old man who has Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent
- Comparions of Humulin R, Novolog for a 51-year old man who has Insulin-requiring Type Ii Diabetes Mellitus
- Comparions of Metformin, Novolog Flexpen, Levothyroxine Sodium, Levemir, Lisinopril for a 53-year old man who has Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent
- Comparions of Novolog Flexpen, Humalog Kwikpen for a 49-year old man who has Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.