Review: could Novolog cause Pruritus (Itching)?
Summary: Pruritus is found among people who take Novolog, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lantus, and have Diabetes.
We study 12,214 people who have side effects while taking Novolog from FDA and social media. Among them, 287 have Pruritus. Find out below who they are, when they have Pruritus and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Novolog and have Pruritus >>>
Novolog has active ingredients of insulin aspart recombinant. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from 12,334 Novolog users)
Pruritus (severe itching of the skin) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 90,920 Pruritus patients)
On Apr, 27, 2015: 12,214 people reported to have side effects when taking Novolog. Among them, 287 people (2.35%) have Pruritus.
Time on Novolog when people have Pruritus * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Pruritus when taking Novolog * :
Age of people who have Pruritus when taking Novolog * :
Severity of Pruritus when taking Novolog ** :
How people recovered from Pruritus ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus (55 people, 19.16%)
- Hypertension (33 people, 11.50%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (33 people, 11.50%)
- Bronchitis (13 people, 4.53%)
- Obesity (12 people, 4.18%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lantus (136 people, 47.39%)
- Aspirin (72 people, 25.09%)
- Lasix (50 people, 17.42%)
- Lipitor (36 people, 12.54%)
- Niaspan (36 people, 12.54%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Novolog and pruritus on
Do you have Pruritus while taking Novolog?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Novolog and have Pruritus
- support group for people who take Novolog
- support group for people who have Pruritus
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Recent Novolog related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Metformin, Novolog Flexpen, Lantus Solostar for a 50-year old woman who has Diabetes
- Comparions of Byetta, Levemir, Lantus, Novolog for a 77-year old man who has Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent
- Comparions of Humulin R, Novolog for a 51-year old man who has Insulin-requiring Type Ii Diabetes Mellitus
- Comparions of Metformin, Novolog Flexpen, Levothyroxine Sodium, Levemir, Lisinopril for a 53-year old man who has Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent
- Comparions of Novolog Flexpen, Humalog Kwikpen for a 49-year old man who has Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.