Novolog and Pruritus - from FDA reports
Pruritus is found among people who take Novolog, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lantus, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Pruritus with Novolog. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 26,284 people who have side effects when taking Novolog from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 21, 2017
26,284 people reported to have side effects when taking Novolog.
Among them, 536 people (2.04%) have Pruritus
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Novolog when people have Pruritus *:
- < 1 month: 37.5 %
- 1 - 6 months: 12.5 %
- 6 - 12 months: 31.25 %
- 1 - 2 years: 12.5 %
- 2 - 5 years: 6.25 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Pruritus when taking Novolog *:
- female: 64.45 %
- male: 35.55 %
Age of people who have Pruritus when taking Novolog *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 1.45 %
- 20-29: 0.48 %
- 30-39: 5.56 %
- 40-49: 11.84 %
- 50-59: 25.6 %
- 60+: 55.07 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (59 people, 11.01%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (54 people, 10.07%)
- Pain (33 people, 6.16%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (23 people, 4.29%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (17 people, 3.17%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lantus (221 people, 41.23%)
- Levemir (75 people, 13.99%)
- Lasix (75 people, 13.99%)
- Aspirin (69 people, 12.87%)
- Metformin (48 people, 8.96%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Rashes (168 people, 31.34%)
- Nausea (104 people, 19.40%)
- Fatigue (84 people, 15.67%)
- Weakness (78 people, 14.55%)
- Breathing Difficulty (72 people, 13.43%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Pruritus when taking Novolog?
Novolog has active ingredients of insulin aspart recombinant. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Novolog 25,623 users)
Pruritus (severe itching of the skin) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure (latest reports from 159,949 Pruritus patients).