Review: could Novolog cause Renal failure acute?
Summary: Renal failure acute is found among people who take Novolog, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lantus, and have Diabetes.
We study 12,212 people who have side effects while taking Novolog from FDA and social media. Among them, 359 have Renal failure acute. Find out below who they are, when they have Renal failure acute and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Novolog and have Renal failure acute >>>
Novolog has active ingredients of insulin aspart recombinant. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from 12,331 Novolog users)
Renal failure acute
Renal failure acute (rapid kidney dysfunction) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, diabetes, pain, multiple myeloma. (latest reports from 60,811 Renal failure acute patients)
On Mar, 25, 2015: 12,212 people reported to have side effects when taking Novolog. Among them, 359 people (2.94%) have Renal Failure Acute.
Time on Novolog when people have Renal failure acute * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Renal failure acute||94.44%||5.56%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Renal failure acute when taking Novolog * :
|Renal failure acute||53.59%||46.41% |
Age of people who have Renal failure acute when taking Novolog * :
|Renal failure acute||0.00%||0.00%||1.40%||1.12%||1.40%||14.01%||15.41%||66.67% |
Severity of Renal failure acute when taking Novolog ** :
How people recovered from Renal failure acute ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus (49 people, 13.65%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (49 people, 13.65%)
- Hypertension (40 people, 11.14%)
- Pain (37 people, 10.31%)
- Multiple myeloma (29 people, 8.08%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lantus (184 people, 51.25%)
- Aspirin (170 people, 47.35%)
- Lasix (103 people, 28.69%)
- Furosemide (86 people, 23.96%)
- Plavix (73 people, 20.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of novolog and renal failure acute on
Do you have Renal Failure Acute while taking Novolog?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Novolog and have Renal Failure Acute
- support group for people who take Novolog
- support group for people who have Renal Failure Acute
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Lantus, Novolog, Strattera for a 7-year old boy with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus, Attention Deficit Disorder With Hyperactivity. The patient has Low Blood Sugar
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Novolog Flexpen, Lantus Solostar for a 44-year old man with Hypothyroidism, Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus. The patient has Persistent Rash And Itching
- A study of drug interactions between Lantus Solostar, NovoRapid, Micronor for a 24-year old woman with Type 1 Diabetes, Birth Control. The patient has Lightheadedness - Dizzy, Panic Attack, Anxiety
- A study of drug interactions between Nitrofurantoin, Montelukast Sodium, Ondansetron, Mirtazapine, Lantus, NovoRapid for a 24-year old woman with Kidney Infection, Asthma, Gastroparesis Diabeticorum, Depression, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent. The patient has Hallucinations
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Crestor, Novolog Flexpen, Metformin, Lantus Solostar, Ibuprofen for a 48-year old man with Vitamin D Decreased, Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Pain. The patient has Erythema Multiforme
Recent Novolog related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Byetta, Levemir, Lantus, Novolog for a 77-year old man who has Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent
- Comparions of Humulin R, Novolog for a 51-year old man who has Insulin-requiring Type Ii Diabetes Mellitus
- Comparions of Metformin, Novolog Flexpen, Levothyroxine Sodium, Levemir, Lisinopril for a 53-year old man who has Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent
- Comparions of Novolog Flexpen, Humalog Kwikpen for a 49-year old man who has Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus
- Comparions of Novolog Flexpen, Apidra Solostar for a 20-year old man who has Diabetes Mellitus
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.