Review: could Nucynta cause Dry mouth?
Summary: Dry mouth is reported only by a few people who take Nucynta.
We study 1,485 people who have side effects while taking Nucynta from FDA and social media. Among them, 5 have Dry mouth. Find out below who they are, when they have Dry mouth and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Nucynta and have Dry mouth >>>
Nucynta has active ingredients of tapentadol hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Nucynta 1,694 users)
Dry mouth has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol.(latest reports from Dry mouth 30,429 patients)
On Dec, 7, 2014: 1,485 people reported to have side effects when taking Nucynta. Among them, 5 people (0.34%) have Dry Mouth.
Time on Nucynta when people have Dry mouth * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Dry mouth||50.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Dry mouth when taking Nucynta * :
|Dry mouth||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Dry mouth when taking Nucynta * :
|Dry mouth||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||16.67%||66.67%||16.67% |
Severity of Dry mouth when taking Nucynta ** :
How people recovered from Dry mouth ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (5 people, 100.00%)
- Muscle spasms (2 people, 40.00%)
- Breast cancer (2 people, 40.00%)
- Anxiety (2 people, 40.00%)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (2 people, 40.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Proair hfa (3 people, 60.00%)
- Ativan (3 people, 60.00%)
- Tamoxifen citrate (3 people, 60.00%)
- Symbicort (3 people, 60.00%)
- Amitriptyline hcl (3 people, 60.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Dry Mouth while taking Nucynta?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Nucynta and have Dry Mouth
- support group for people who take Nucynta
- support group for people who have Dry Mouth
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can penicillin cause dry mouth
(Asked by a 28 year old woman who has Dry Mouth, and takes Penicillin)
I have been feeling run down then came down with bad
Tonsillitis since taki g penicillin my mum is really dry why?
- Does enalapril cause dry mouth
(Asked by a 87 year old man who has Dry Mouth, Swollen Ankles And Feet, and takes Amlodipine Besylate, Tamsulosin, Avodart, Aspirin, Folic Acid)
I am generally healthy and active for an octogenarian, but the dry mouth and swollen ankles do bother me.
- Does nucynta filter through the liver (1 answer)
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Cancer Pain, and takes Nucynta)
I have rectal cancer and it is very painful. I also have a rare liver condition and I need to take a pain controller that is not filtered through the liver.
- Are there any reports of extreme dry mouth?
(Asked by a 82 year old man who has Dry Mouth, and takes Zolpidem)
Since having an aortic valve replacement via TAVR (newer technique)I have had various medications added to my schedule. For the last several months I seem to have a very dry mouth problem. I have given you a few that I am taking at the present time that I thought might have some effect on my dryne ...
- Can prolia cause side effects to tkr?
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Arthritis - Rheumatoid, Osteoarthritis, Osteoporosis, and takes Remicade, Plaquenil, Dexilant, Benicar, Exalgo, Nucynta, Lasix, Potassium Chloride, Xanax, Aspirin, Paxil)
I had total knee replacements for both knees in 2011. The left knee turned out fair but the right never gave me any relief. In 2012 I was put on Remicade which helped my RA a great deal. Then a couple months ago I was given Prolia injection for my Osteoporosis. Two days later I experienced a lot of ...
More questions for: Nucynta, Dry mouth
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Unexplained death of a young, healthy man
(Posted by a 37 year old man who has Chronic Back Pain, and takes Nucynta Er)
My 35 year old husband died after taking Nucynta ER for 14 days. Although he had no history of seizures the drug caused him to have multiple seizures one night. This resulted in cardiac arrest and an untimely death of a strong, healthy, hard working man. Please know all of the possible side affec ...
More reviews for: Nucynta, Dry mouth
- A study of side effects of Vyvanse for a patient with ADHD. The patient has Irritability, Pain - Back, Dry Mouth, Teeth Grinding And Clenching (a condition in which you grind, gnash or clench your teeth), Vision Problems, Tolerance Increased, Sleep Talking (talking during sleeping), Breathing-related Sleep Disorder
Comments: These are some of the problems I am experiencing. It seems like my dosage is too high, however if I do not take more than 60mg at a time then the Vyvanse has no affect on me whatsoever. I am most concerned about waking up to catch my breath every 30 seconds at night. I was prescribed Adderrall throu ...
- A study of side effects of Vyvanse for a patient with ADD. The patient has Excessive Hunger Resulting In Headache, Dizziness, Foggy Thoughts, And Irritability, Dry Mouth, Jaw Lesion Excision, Thirst, Weight Gain
Comments: The lesions on face are like zits but not acne. They swell and pulsate and ooze throughout the day and have hard white or yellow waxy pits in them when popped. They respond to calamine lotion somewhat but have not gone away in 6 months, always occurring in the same place. From ear to ear under the j ...
- A study of side effects of Actigall for a patient with Jaundice. The patient has Dry Mouth
Comments: I can't seem to overcome the dry mouth. I have tried rinses,and certain toothpaste and rinses,sugarless candies.Only thing that is helpful at all is sugarless gum. It is from the morning I wake up to going to bed,just so hard to get saliva and swallow
- A study of drug interactions between Ziprasidone Hydrochloride, Risperidone, Lamictal for a patient with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Lower Blood Pressure, Irritability, Weight Loss, Nausea And Vomiting, Dry Mouth, Back Pain, Stomach Pain
Comments: I also have been having greasy stools. I never took any of the above listed medications together. I was allergic to both lamictal and risperidone. The stomach pain is localized to the upper left quadrant of my stomach, and hurts when I push where my pancreas is. The pain is made worse after eating o ...
- A study of drug interactions between Ventolin, Advair Diskus 250/50 for a patient with Asthma. The patient has Thinking Slowed, Narcolepsy, Speech Disorders, Chronic Pain, Sexual Apathy, Chronic Depression, Addh, Shoulder Blade Pain, Arthritis, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Eyes - Dry, Dry Mouth, Pain Threshold Decreased, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Cervical Spinal Stenosis, Umbilical Hernia, Sleep Disorder, Involuntary Body Movements, Restless Leg Syndrome, Dizziness, Nausea And Vomiting, Fatigue - Chronic, Essential Tremor, Heat Intolerance
Comments: Been incapacitated since xmas 2010, unable to work, life has been destroyed. Crawled away from abusive relationship, lost everything. Social Security is fighting me, it's disgusting. Doctors are wretched and worthless.
More related studies for: Nucynta, Dry mouth
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.