Nucynta and Dry mouth - from FDA reports
Dry mouth is found among people who take Nucynta, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lyrica, and have Neuralgia. This review analyzes which people have Dry mouth with Nucynta. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 4,378 people who have side effects when taking Nucynta from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 25, 2017
4,378 people reported to have side effects when taking Nucynta.
Among them, 34 people (0.78%) have Dry mouth
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Nucynta when people have Dry mouth *:
- < 1 month: 92.31 %
- 1 - 6 months: 7.69 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Dry mouth when taking Nucynta *:
- female: 73.33 %
- male: 26.67 %
Age of people who have Dry mouth when taking Nucynta *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 3.7 %
- 30-39: 3.7 %
- 40-49: 18.52 %
- 50-59: 33.33 %
- 60+: 40.74 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Neuralgia (4 people, 11.76%)
- Thyroid Diseases (3 people, 8.82%)
- Sleep Disorder (3 people, 8.82%)
- Back Pain (3 people, 8.82%)
- Glossopharyngeal Neuralgia (2 people, 5.88%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lyrica (4 people, 11.76%)
- Synthroid (3 people, 8.82%)
- Lipitor (3 people, 8.82%)
- Flexeril (3 people, 8.82%)
- Calcium (3 people, 8.82%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Feeling Abnormal (9 people, 26.47%)
- Nausea (7 people, 20.59%)
- Dizziness (7 people, 20.59%)
- Nausea And Vomiting (6 people, 17.65%)
- Muscle Spasms (6 people, 17.65%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Dry mouth when taking Nucynta?
- Check symptoms - is dry mouth caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsDry mouth and drugs with ingredients of tapentadol hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDry mouth and Nucynta from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Nucynta has active ingredients of tapentadol hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Nucynta 4,794 users)
Dry mouth has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 52,194 Dry mouth patients).
Browse all side effects of Nucyntaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Dry mouthDry mouth
Could your condition cause Dry mouthDry mouth
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Hi, I took Nucynta for three days, and my eyelids swelled really big, and my eyes turned red and were extremely painful and itchy. I went to the eye doctor, who said the outer layer of my eyes were damaged. I had to take ocular antibiotics and other medicines for my eyes. It's been about six ...
Just been diagnosed with osteoporosis, found out I already have had an undiagnosed back fracture...which I didn't know about...taking Actonel, have dry mouth, lower back pain, wondering if anyone else with an ileostomy (37 yrs) is having any problems with Actonel.
User reviews to the study
Hi, my name is Mary, I am 53 yr old white female originally from midwest. I was diagnosed with Crohns disease at 20 yeears old. Fibromyalgia came along at about 50 years of age and then RA right after that! Right now all I do is survive day to day. I can't quit my job b/c my job provides ...
I was taking Gabapenten for sciatic pain caused by bulging disc. Started to lose my hair so changed to Lyrica (whole different set of side effects). Now I see that nucynta can also cause hair loss. What do you do to slow/stop the loss? Shampoo? Diet changes? When you stop does the hair ...