Review: could Nucynta cause Itching?
Summary: Itching is found among people who take Nucynta, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Wellbutrin xl, and have Pain.
We study 1,494 people who have side effects while taking Nucynta from FDA and social media. Among them, 21 have Itching. Find out below who they are, when they have Itching and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Nucynta and have Itching >>>
Nucynta has active ingredients of tapentadol hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 1,700 Nucynta users)
Itching has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 88,292 Itching patients)
On Mar, 16, 2015: 1,494 people reported to have side effects when taking Nucynta. Among them, 21 people (1.41%) have Itching.
Time on Nucynta when people have Itching * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Itching when taking Nucynta * :
Age of people who have Itching when taking Nucynta * :
Severity of Itching when taking Nucynta ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Itching ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (14 people, 66.67%)
- Depression (8 people, 38.10%)
- Intervertebral disc degeneration (8 people, 38.10%)
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (8 people, 38.10%)
- Seasonal allergy (8 people, 38.10%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Wellbutrin xl (9 people, 42.86%)
- Meloxicam (9 people, 42.86%)
- Vicodin (8 people, 38.10%)
- Claritin (8 people, 38.10%)
- Adderall 5 (8 people, 38.10%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
Regine (3 years ago):
I am Regine, 48 years old and a woman. I have been taking Nucinta for a couple weeks now and I find it very effective for pain relieve from two herniated disks. But I have to always decide if the pain is bad enough to want/need to take it. It causes me to itch so much that I have scratches all over my body. Benetril helps somewhat but it makes me so drowsy I can't work. Nucinta does make me a bit high and relaxed and the pain becomes tolerable but the itching is driving me up the wall. Can anybody give me any advice at all on how to relieve it?
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of nucynta and itching on
Do you have Itching while taking Nucynta?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Nucynta and have Itching
- support group for people who take Nucynta
- support group for people who have Itching
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Xanax for a 70-year old man with Itching. The patient has Itching
- A study of drug interactions between Acidophilus Lactobacillus, Benicar Hct for a 58-year old woman with Bowel Movement Irregularity, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled. The patient has Back Pain, Nausea, Leg Cramping, Tongue Irritation, Insomnia, Itching
- A study of drug interactions between Zocor, Xanax, Zoloft, Levothyroxine Sodium, Protonix for a 64-year old woman with Total Cholesterol, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Hyperthyroidism, Reflux Gastritis. The patient has Itching
- A study of drug interactions between Modafinil, Doxycycline, Prednisone, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Oxycodone, Fish Oil Fatty Acid, Allegra, Zantac 150, Metformin, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Lyrica, Cefprozil, Allopurinol for a 32-year old man with Hypersomnia, Infection, Swelling, Pain In Limb, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Allergy To Plants, Acid Reflux, High Blood Sugar, Stress, Gout. The patient has Itching, Elevated Liver Enzymes, Insulin C-peptide Increased, Complement Factor C3 Increased, Blood Uric Acid Increased, Pseudopapilloedema, Lymphadenopathy Mediastinal, Vision Blurred, Hives, Swelling, Pain Exacerbated
- A study of drug interactions between Retin-a, Remicade for a 34-year old woman with Antiageing, Ankylosing Spondylitis. The patient has Itching
Recent Nucynta related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.