Review: could Nuvaring cause Loss of appetite (Appetite - decreased)?
Summary: Loss of appetite is found among people who take Nuvaring, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Amitriptylene, and have Birth control.
We study 10,182 people who have side effects while taking Nuvaring from FDA and social media. Among them, 59 have Loss of appetite. Find out below who they are, when they have Loss of appetite and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Nuvaring and have Loss of appetite >>>
Nuvaring has active ingredients of ethinyl estradiol; etonogestrel. It is often used in birth control. (latest outcomes from 10,603 Nuvaring users)
Loss of appetite
Loss of appetite (lack of feeling to eat) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, depression, pain, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 52,329 Loss of appetite patients)
On Mar, 17, 2015: 10,182 people reported to have side effects when taking Nuvaring. Among them, 59 people (0.58%) have Loss Of Appetite.
Time on Nuvaring when people have Loss of appetite * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Loss of appetite||10.42%||25.00%||18.75%||22.92%||22.92%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Loss of appetite when taking Nuvaring * :
|Loss of appetite||0.00%||0.00%||6.90%||60.34%||29.31%||3.45%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Loss of appetite when taking Nuvaring ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Loss of appetite||25.00%||50.00%||0.00%||25.00% |
How people recovered from Loss of appetite ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Loss of appetite||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Contraception (33 people, 55.93%)
- Ovarian cyst (6 people, 10.17%)
- Menstruation irregular (5 people, 8.47%)
- Headache (5 people, 8.47%)
- Depression (3 people, 5.08%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Amitriptylene (7 people, 11.86%)
- Albuterol (7 people, 11.86%)
- Cephalexin (7 people, 11.86%)
- Histenex (6 people, 10.17%)
- Zithromax (6 people, 10.17%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of nuvaring and loss of appetite on
Do you have Loss Of Appetite while taking Nuvaring?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Nuvaring and have Loss Of Appetite
- support group for people who take Nuvaring
- support group for people who have Loss Of Appetite
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Lipitor, Metformin Hydrochloride; Repaglinide for a 53-year old man with High Blood Cholesterol, Type 2 Diabetes. The patient has Muscular Weakness, Thoughts - Cloudy, Appetite - Decreased
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Nuvaring, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Lamictal for a 24-year old woman with Vitamin D, Birth Control, Functional Dyspepsia, Mood Disorder. The patient has Ear Pain, Pressure Sore, Early Morning Joint Stiffness, Muscle Pain, Headache, Lightheadedness, Fatigue, Pressure Sore, Spaced Out
- A study of side effects of Zantac 150 for a 50-year old woman with Indigestion. The patient has Loss Of Appetite (lack of feeling to eat)
- A study of drug interactions between Ambien, Adderall, Viibryd, Nuvaring, Gabapentin, Protonix for a 31-year old woman with Insomnia, Attention Span, Depression, Birth Control, Restless Leg Syndrome, Gerd. The patient has Nausea, Abdominal Pain Upper
- A study of side effects of Zoloft for a 45-year old woman with Panic Disorder. The patient has Lose Weight, Loss Of Appetite (lack of feeling to eat)
Recent Nuvaring related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.