Review: could Nuvaring cause Migraine with aura?
Summary: Migraine with aura is found among people who take Nuvaring, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Ibuprofen, and have Birth control.
We study 10,182 people who have side effects while taking Nuvaring from FDA and social media. Among them, 18 have Migraine with aura. Find out below who they are, when they have Migraine with aura and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Nuvaring and have Migraine with aura >>>
Nuvaring has active ingredients of ethinyl estradiol; etonogestrel. It is often used in birth control. (latest outcomes from 10,603 Nuvaring users)
Migraine with aura
Migraine with aura (headache with vision weakness) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, birth control, depression, osteoporosis, migraine. (latest reports from 2,220 Migraine with aura patients)
On Mar, 5, 2015: 10,182 people reported to have side effects when taking Nuvaring. Among them, 18 people (0.18%) have Migraine With Aura.
Time on Nuvaring when people have Migraine with aura * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Migraine with aura||5.56%||27.78%||16.67%||44.44%||0.00%||5.56%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Migraine with aura when taking Nuvaring * :
|Migraine with aura||0.00%||0.00%||23.08%||46.15%||30.77%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Migraine with aura when taking Nuvaring ** :
How people recovered from Migraine with aura ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Contraception (14 people, 77.78%)
- Pulmonary embolism (1 people, 5.56%)
- Vaginal ph abnormal (1 people, 5.56%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ibuprofen (3 people, 16.67%)
- Gardasil (2 people, 11.11%)
- Coumadin (1 people, 5.56%)
- Reglan (1 people, 5.56%)
- Adderall 5 (1 people, 5.56%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of nuvaring and migraine with aura on
Do you have Migraine With Aura while taking Nuvaring?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Nuvaring and have Migraine With Aura
- support group for people who take Nuvaring
- support group for people who have Migraine With Aura
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Clonazepam, Nuvaring, Zoloft for a 28-year old woman with Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Ptsd, Birth Control, Depression. The patient has Libido Decreased, Appetite - Decreased, Proteinuria, Micturition Frequency Decreased, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Nuvaring, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Lamictal for a 24-year old woman with Vitamin D, Birth Control, Functional Dyspepsia, Mood Disorder. The patient has Ear Pain, Pressure Sore, Early Morning Joint Stiffness, Muscle Pain, Headache, Lightheadedness, Fatigue, Pressure Sore, Spaced Out
- A study of drug interactions between Ambien, Adderall, Viibryd, Nuvaring, Gabapentin, Protonix for a 31-year old woman with Insomnia, Attention Span, Depression, Birth Control, Restless Leg Syndrome, Gerd. The patient has Nausea, Abdominal Pain Upper
- A study of side effects of Flomax for a 76-year old man with Enlarged Prostate. The patient has Headache - Migraine With Aura (silent migraine), Nightmares - Repeated (repeated unpleasant dream)
- A study of drug interactions between Simvastatin, Butalbital, Acetaminophen And Caffeine, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Topiramate, Gabapentin for a 48-year old man with High Blood Cholesterol, Headache, Sleep Disorder, Migraine With Aura, Neuropathic Pain. The patient has Back Pain, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Headache, Headache - Migraine With Aura, Burning Sensation
Recent Nuvaring related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.