Review: could Nuvaring cause Migraine with aura?
Summary: Migraine with aura is found among people who take Nuvaring, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Ibuprofen, and have Birth control.
We study 10,186 people who have side effects while taking Nuvaring from FDA and social media. Among them, 18 have Migraine with aura. Find out below who they are, when they have Migraine with aura and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Nuvaring and have Migraine with aura >>>
Nuvaring has active ingredients of ethinyl estradiol; etonogestrel. It is often used in birth control. (latest outcomes from 10,607 Nuvaring users)
Migraine with aura
Migraine With Aura (headache with vision weakness) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, birth control, depression, osteoporosis, migraine. (latest reports from 2,220 Migraine With Aura patients)
On Apr, 11, 2015: 10,186 people reported to have side effects when taking Nuvaring. Among them, 18 people (0.18%) have Migraine With Aura.
Time on Nuvaring when people have Migraine with aura * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Migraine with aura||5.56%||27.78%||16.67%||44.44%||0.00%||5.56%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Migraine with aura when taking Nuvaring * :
|Migraine with aura||0.00%||0.00%||23.08%||46.15%||30.77%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Migraine with aura when taking Nuvaring ** :
How people recovered from Migraine with aura ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Contraception (14 people, 77.78%)
- Pulmonary embolism (1 people, 5.56%)
- Vaginal ph abnormal (1 people, 5.56%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ibuprofen (3 people, 16.67%)
- Gardasil (2 people, 11.11%)
- Coumadin (1 people, 5.56%)
- Reglan (1 people, 5.56%)
- Adderall 5 (1 people, 5.56%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of nuvaring and migraine with aura on
Do you have Migraine With Aura while taking Nuvaring?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Nuvaring and have Migraine With Aura
- support group for people who take Nuvaring
- support group for people who have Migraine With Aura
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Nuvaring for a 35-year old woman with Pregnancy. The patient has Pneumonia
- A study of side effects of Levaquin for a 49-year old woman with Respiratory Disorder. The patient has Neck Pain, Back Pain, Hypertensive Heart Disease, Rash Generalised, Skin Burning Sensation, Skin Sensitisation, Sun-induced Skin Changes - Keratosis, Short-term Memory Loss, Tendon Pain, Headache - Migraine With Aura, Neuropathy, Arterial Spasm
- A study of drug interactions between Nuvaring, Tramadol for a 36-year old woman with Birth Control, Pain. The patient has Weight Gain, Fatigue, Forgetfulness
- A study of side effects of Nuvaring for a 23-year old woman with Contraception. The patient has Bad Dreams, Insomnia
- A study of drug interactions between Dexedrine, Nuvaring for a 37-year old woman with ADHD, Contraception. The patient has Sleepy
Recent Nuvaring related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Mirena, Paragard T 380a, Beyaz, Nuvaring for a 35-year old woman who has Birth Control
- Comparions of Nuvaring, Minivelle for a 54-year old woman who has Menopause
- Comparions of Wellbutrin Xl, Adderall Xr 20, Nuvaring, Depo-medrol for a 27-year old woman who has Back Injury
- Comparions of Nuvaring, Yasmin for a 32-year old woman who has Birth Control
- Comparions of Nuvaring, Zoloft, Adderall for a 34-year old woman who has Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.