Review: could Nuvaring cause Painful urination (Urination - painful)?
Summary: Painful urination is found among people who take Nuvaring, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Lexapro, and have Birth control.
We study 10,182 people who have side effects while taking Nuvaring from FDA and social media. Among them, 65 have Painful urination. Find out below who they are, when they have Painful urination and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Nuvaring and have Painful urination >>>
Nuvaring has active ingredients of ethinyl estradiol; etonogestrel. It is often used in birth control. (latest outcomes from 10,603 Nuvaring users)
Painful urination has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, pain, osteoporosis, depression. (latest reports from 15,760 Painful urination patients)
On Mar, 1, 2015: 10,179 people reported to have side effects when taking Nuvaring. Among them, 65 people (0.64%) have Painful Urination.
Time on Nuvaring when people have Painful urination * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Painful urination||8.47%||44.07%||22.03%||16.95%||6.78%||1.69%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Painful urination when taking Nuvaring * :
|Painful urination||0.00%||1.25%||1.25%||48.75%||43.75%||1.25%||3.75%||0.00% |
Severity of Painful urination when taking Nuvaring ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Painful urination||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Painful urination ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Painful urination||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Contraception (53 people, 81.54%)
- Ovarian cyst (8 people, 12.31%)
- Menstrual disorder (3 people, 4.62%)
- Hormone replacement therapy (3 people, 4.62%)
- Polycystic ovaries (2 people, 3.08%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lexapro (13 people, 20.00%)
- Zoloft (11 people, 16.92%)
- Multi-vitamin (10 people, 15.38%)
- Ativan (10 people, 15.38%)
- Claritin (9 people, 13.85%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of nuvaring and painful urination on
Do you have Painful Urination while taking Nuvaring?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Nuvaring and have Painful Urination
- support group for people who take Nuvaring
- support group for people who have Painful Urination
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Nuvaring, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Lamictal for a 24-year old woman with Vitamin D, Birth Control, Functional Dyspepsia, Mood Disorder. The patient has Ear Pain, Pressure Sore, Early Morning Joint Stiffness, Muscle Pain, Headache, Lightheadedness, Fatigue, Pressure Sore, Spaced Out
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrochlorothiazide, Lasix, Metformin for a 38-year old woman with Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Passed Out, Diabetes. The patient has Constipation, Bloating, Painful Urination, Pain - Leg, Unable To Get Pregnant, Unable To Concentrate, Passed Out
- A study of side effects of Janumet for a 62-year old man with Type 2 Diabetes. The patient has Painful Urination
- A study of drug interactions between Ambien, Adderall, Viibryd, Nuvaring, Gabapentin, Protonix for a 31-year old woman with Insomnia, Attention Span, Depression, Birth Control, Restless Leg Syndrome, Gerd. The patient has Nausea, Abdominal Pain Upper
- A study of side effects of Nuvaring for a 21-year old woman with Contraception. The patient has Panic Attacks
Recent Nuvaring related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.