Review: could Nuvaring cause Painful urination (Urination - painful)?
Summary: Painful urination is found among people who take Nuvaring, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Lexapro, and have Contraception.
We study 10,174 people who have side effects while taking Nuvaring from FDA and social media. Among them, 65 have Painful urination. Find out below who they are, when they have Painful urination and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Nuvaring and have Painful urination >>>
Nuvaring has active ingredients of ethinyl estradiol; etonogestrel. It is often used in birth control. (latest outcomes from Nuvaring 10,596 users)
Painful urination has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, pain, osteoporosis, depression.(latest reports from Painful urination 15,731 patients)
On Nov, 29, 2014: 10,173 people reported to have side effects when taking Nuvaring. Among them, 65 people (0.64%) have Painful Urination.
Time on Nuvaring when people have Painful urination * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Painful urination||8.47%||44.07%||22.03%||16.95%||6.78%||1.69%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Painful urination when taking Nuvaring * :
|Painful urination||0.00%||1.25%||1.25%||48.75%||43.75%||1.25%||3.75%||0.00% |
Severity of Painful urination when taking Nuvaring ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Painful urination||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Painful urination ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Painful urination||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Contraception (53 people, 81.54%)
- Ovarian cyst (8 people, 12.31%)
- Menstrual disorder (3 people, 4.62%)
- Hormone replacement therapy (3 people, 4.62%)
- Polycystic ovaries (2 people, 3.08%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lexapro (13 people, 20.00%)
- Zoloft (11 people, 16.92%)
- Multi-vitamin (10 people, 15.38%)
- Ativan (10 people, 15.38%)
- Claritin (9 people, 13.85%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Painful Urination while taking Nuvaring?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Nuvaring and have Painful Urination
- support group for people who take Nuvaring
- support group for people who have Painful Urination
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Nuvaring, Painful urination
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
More reviews for: Nuvaring, Painful urination
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- History of comets Pancreas divisum, chronic & recurrent acute pancreatitis, gastric bile reflux
20+ ERCP/panc stents/sphincterotomies
Total Pancretectomy with auto islet cell transplant/splenectomy
Sub colectomy (80% of colon removed)
- For the past 1 1/2 - 2 years my lips will swell and go down, swell and go down. Nothing has seemed to bring this about and the spots where the swelling takes place seems to vary.
I recently read an article posted by BC Global News about the Nuva Ring and new side effects that should be reviewed by ...
- I stopped the nuva ring at age 39 after gaining 20 pounds in 2 years. I have since gained 15 more pounds and multiple menopausal symptoms. I had regular periods and normal weight before taking the medication.
- Prior to becoming pregnant with my second child, I had been on cymbalta for over a year with no side effects. After going back on it after my second was born I had no side effects for over a month. I suddenly developed severe migraines 2-3 hours after taking my 30mg dose of cymbalta. Migraines were ...
- a week ago i started to get an itchy rash on only one arm. just started using nuvaring 3 weeks ago. the rash is spreading up my arm still but no where else. Also there is sometimes a tingling/numbness in some of my toes for about 3 minutes then it goes away. Afraid it could be a blood clot. What is ...
More related studies for: Nuvaring, Painful urination
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.