Home > Nuvaring > Partial seizures > Nuvaring and Partial seizures
Review: could Nuvaring cause Partial seizures?
Summary: Partial seizures is found among people who take Nuvaring, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Fioricet, and have Contraception.
We study 10,173 people who have side effects while taking Nuvaring from FDA and social media. Among them, 22 have Partial seizures. Find out below who they are, when they have Partial seizures and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Nuvaring and have Partial seizures >>>
Nuvaring (latest outcomes from 10,593 users) has active ingredients of ethinyl estradiol; etonogestrel. It is often used in birth control.
Partial seizures (seizures which affect only a part of the brain at onset) (latest reports from 3,417 patients) has been reported by people with epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, convulsion, depression, high blood pressure.
On Nov, 28, 2014: 10,173 people reported to have side effects when taking Nuvaring. Among them, 22 people (0.22%) have Partial Seizures.
Time on Nuvaring when people have Partial seizures * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Partial seizures||23.81%||42.86%||9.52%||23.81%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Partial seizures when taking Nuvaring * :
|Partial seizures||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||77.78%||22.22%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Partial seizures when taking Nuvaring ** :
How people recovered from Partial seizures ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Contraception (15 people, 68.18%)
- Dysmenorrhoea (2 people, 9.09%)
- Bipolar disorder (2 people, 9.09%)
- Polycystic ovaries (2 people, 9.09%)
- Muscle spasms (2 people, 9.09%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Fioricet (7 people, 31.82%)
- Ventolin (7 people, 31.82%)
- Valtrex (7 people, 31.82%)
- Tramadol hydrochloride and acetaminophen (5 people, 22.73%)
- Metformin (3 people, 13.64%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Partial Seizures while taking Nuvaring?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Nuvaring and have Partial Seizures
- support group for people who take Nuvaring
- support group for people who have Partial Seizures
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- My daughter is experiencing severe leg cramps while running since starting nuvaring. what about if she switches to a patch or oral contraceptives? will the leg cramps subside?
(Asked by a 15 year old girl who has Sévère Leg Cramps While Running, and takes Nuvaring)
My daughter has severe leg cramps while running since starting Nuvaring. Has anybody that has experienced those switched to the patch or oral contraceptives. If so did the leg cramps return?
- Is the larger breast size permanent after quitting smoking?
(Asked by a 24 year old woman who has Larger And More Sensitive Breasts, and takes Nuvaring, Zyrtec Allergy, Singulair, Multivitamin)
Woke this morning day 4 of no smoking, no nicotine in ANY SHAPE OR FORM and my bra did NOT FIT!!! My breasts are much larger and I am going to get re-sized after work today. Plus my libido is ridiculous!!! Every little thing is making me sexually insane! How long does this last???
- Can toviaz cause seizures
(Asked by a 60 year old woman who has Partial Seizures, and takes Toviaz)
I have been having partial seizures and swollen cheek and wonder if this can be caused by Toviaz,
The other drug I am taking is simvastatin so perhaps this is the problem.
- Is there cobalt in nuvaring?
(Asked by a 35 year old woman who has Hives, and takes Nuvaring)
I have a cobalt allergy and am still breaking out in hives. Trying to figure out if there is cobalamine present in Nuvaring.
- Is nuvaring safe when you have lupus??
(Asked by a 27 year old woman who has Lupus Erythematosus, and takes Nuvaring)
If not nuvaring, which other method is the best? Thanks
More questions for: Nuvaring, Partial seizures
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Psychosis, weight loss and topamax
(Posted by a 56 year old woman who has Brain Hemorrhage, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Partial Seizures, and takes Zoloft, Klonopin, Topamax)
I had a brain hemorrhage in my occipital lobe. It left me with with a partial seizure disorder. The seizures would interrupt my ability to see. I was trying different anti-seizure medication and they all made me more tired and more depressed. My neurologist decided to try topamax. On topamax I ...
- Epilepsy and depression drug side effects
(Posted by a 42 year old man who has Epilepsy, Generalized Tonic-clonic Seizure, Myoclonic Epilepsy, Partial Seizures, Constipation, Sleeplessness, Fatigue, Depression, Weight Gain - Unintentional, Gums - Bleeding, Agitation, Aggression, and takes Valproate Sodium, Lexapro, Topamax)
42yo male having infrequent seizures since he was 19yo.
Was recently placed on Neurontin and Topamax after a single seizure. This combination of meds appeared to increase the frequency of seizures ( from 1 every few years unmedicated, to 1 every month ). Dosage being increased after each seizure. ...
More reviews for: Nuvaring, Partial seizures
- A study of drug interactions between Xifaxan, Lidocaine, Vitamin D, Nasonex, Vitamin B12, Zenpep, Zomig, Nuvaring, Lorazepam, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Dilaudid, Fentanyl-25, Phenergan for a patient with Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth, Abdominal Pain, Vitamin D Decreased, Allergic Sinusitis, Anaemia Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Pancreas Transplant Rejection, Migraine, Birth Control, Anxiety Disorder, Neck Injury, Hypertension, Pain - Abdomen, Postoperative Adhesion, Nausea Postoperative. The patient has Iron Deficiency Anaemia, Abdominal Bloating, Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth, Insomnia, Fatigue - Chronic, Migraine, Joint Stiffness, Diarrhoea Post-operative, Reflux Gastritis, Neck Pain, Abdominal Pain, Chest Tightness, Sore Throat, Cough, Nausea Post-operative, Malaise, Chills, Night Sweats, Fever
Comments: History of comets Pancreas divisum, chronic & recurrent acute pancreatitis, gastric bile reflux
20+ ERCP/panc stents/sphincterotomies
Total Pancretectomy with auto islet cell transplant/splenectomy
Sub colectomy (80% of colon removed)
- A study of side effects of Nuvaring for a patient with Contraception. The patient has Lip Swelling
Comments: For the past 1 1/2 - 2 years my lips will swell and go down, swell and go down. Nothing has seemed to bring this about and the spots where the swelling takes place seems to vary.
I recently read an article posted by BC Global News about the Nuva Ring and new side effects that should be reviewed by ...
- A study of side effects of Nuvaring for a patient with Birth Control. The patient has Weight Increased, Menstruation Irregular, Hot Flashes (sudden feelings of heat)
Comments: I stopped the nuva ring at age 39 after gaining 20 pounds in 2 years. I have since gained 15 more pounds and multiple menopausal symptoms. I had regular periods and normal weight before taking the medication.
- A study of drug interactions between Nuvaring, Cymbalta for a patient with Birth Control And Family Planning, Depression. The patient has Migraine
Comments: Prior to becoming pregnant with my second child, I had been on cymbalta for over a year with no side effects. After going back on it after my second was born I had no side effects for over a month. I suddenly developed severe migraines 2-3 hours after taking my 30mg dose of cymbalta. Migraines were ...
- A study of drug interactions between Nuvaring, Solodyn, Multivitamin, Vitamin D, Vitamin B12 for a patient with Birth Control, Acne, Vitamin Supplementation. The patient has
Comments: a week ago i started to get an itchy rash on only one arm. just started using nuvaring 3 weeks ago. the rash is spreading up my arm still but no where else. Also there is sometimes a tingling/numbness in some of my toes for about 3 minutes then it goes away. Afraid it could be a blood clot. What is ...
More related studies for: Nuvaring, Partial seizures
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Low Blood Sugar and Seroquel
- Menstrual Cramps
- Cataflam and Duragesic-100
- Adderall 20
- Can clindamycin irritate a hi hernia?
Since I have been taking for 4 days my hi hernia has been ... (7 hours ago)
- Can carafate causa a false negative for opiate and clonazepam?
I was in the hospital foe 15 days for acute pancreatitis, ... (12 hours ago)
- What type of seizure do people have using clonidine
My son has been having drop seizures & i believe the Cloni ... (15 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Amitriptyline involuntary eye movements
I've began having sparatic involuntary eye movements a few ... (3 days ago)
- Hair loss with enbrel
I have been on Enbrel for 4 months and started seeing sign ... (3 days ago)
- Jaw pain and naproxen
Taking naproxen for pain relief of mortons neuromas. 500 m ... (3 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Seroquel for a 32-year old man who has Anxiety Disorder (29 minutes ago)
- Celexa, Klonopin, Adderall 20, Accutane for a 19-year old girl who has Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Anxiety Disorder Nec, ADD, Acne (2 hours ago)
- Klonopin, Skelaxin, Prednisone, Adderall 20, Lipitor, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Ambien, Mestinon for a 62-year old man who has Myalgia, Myasthenia Gravis, High Blood Cholesterol, Insomnia (2 hours ago)