Review: could Nuvaring cause Suicidal thoughts (Suicidal Ideation)?
Summary: Suicidal thoughts is found among people who take Nuvaring, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Ibuprofen, and have Birth control.
We study 10,186 people who have side effects while taking Nuvaring from FDA and social media. Among them, 112 have Suicidal thoughts. Find out below who they are, when they have Suicidal thoughts and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Nuvaring and have Suicidal thoughts >>>
Nuvaring has active ingredients of ethinyl estradiol; etonogestrel. It is often used in birth control. (latest outcomes from 10,607 Nuvaring users)
Suicidal thoughts has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, stress and anxiety, pain, acne. (latest reports from 42,711 Suicidal thoughts patients)
On Apr, 7, 2015: 10,186 people reported to have side effects when taking Nuvaring. Among them, 112 people (1.10%) have Suicidal Thoughts.
Time on Nuvaring when people have Suicidal thoughts * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Suicidal thoughts||13.79%||29.89%||9.20%||20.69%||25.29%||1.15%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Suicidal thoughts when taking Nuvaring * :
|Suicidal thoughts||0.00%||0.00%||3.26%||56.52%||27.17%||13.04%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Suicidal thoughts when taking Nuvaring ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Suicidal thoughts||0.00%||66.67%||33.33%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Suicidal thoughts ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Suicidal thoughts||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Contraception (60 people, 53.57%)
- Headache (10 people, 8.93%)
- Depression (6 people, 5.36%)
- Dysmenorrhoea (5 people, 4.46%)
- Menorrhagia (4 people, 3.57%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ibuprofen (10 people, 8.93%)
- Albuterol (9 people, 8.04%)
- Lexapro (9 people, 8.04%)
- Lortab (8 people, 7.14%)
- Acetaminophen (8 people, 7.14%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of nuvaring and suicidal thoughts on
Do you have Suicidal Thoughts while taking Nuvaring?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Nuvaring and have Suicidal Thoughts
- support group for people who take Nuvaring
- support group for people who have Suicidal Thoughts
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 34-year old woman with Pancreatitis Chronic. The patient has Suicidal Thoughts
- A study of drug interactions between Synthroid, Valium, Tylenol, Dextrose 60%, Cymbalta for a 50-year old woman with Thyroid Hormone Replacement Therapy, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Pain, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Pain, Suicidal Thoughts, Blood Pressure Increased
- A study of side effects of Nuvaring for a 35-year old woman with Pregnancy. The patient has Pneumonia
- A study of drug interactions between Nuvaring, Tramadol for a 36-year old woman with Birth Control, Pain. The patient has Weight Gain, Fatigue, Forgetfulness
- A study of side effects of Nuvaring for a 23-year old woman with Contraception. The patient has Bad Dreams, Insomnia
Recent Nuvaring related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Mirena, Paragard T 380a, Beyaz, Nuvaring for a 35-year old woman who has Birth Control
- Comparions of Nuvaring, Minivelle for a 54-year old woman who has Menopause
- Comparions of Wellbutrin Xl, Adderall Xr 20, Nuvaring, Depo-medrol for a 27-year old woman who has Back Injury
- Comparions of Nuvaring, Yasmin for a 32-year old woman who has Birth Control
- Comparions of Nuvaring, Zoloft, Adderall for a 34-year old woman who has Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.