Review: could Nuvaring cause Suicidal thoughts (Suicidal Ideation)?
Summary: Suicidal thoughts is found among people who take Nuvaring, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Ibuprofen, and have Contraception.
We study 10,174 people who have side effects while taking Nuvaring from FDA and social media. Among them, 112 have Suicidal thoughts. Find out below who they are, when they have Suicidal thoughts and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Nuvaring and have Suicidal thoughts >>>
Nuvaring has active ingredients of ethinyl estradiol; etonogestrel. It is often used in birth control. (latest outcomes from Nuvaring 10,596 users)
Suicidal thoughts has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, stress and anxiety, pain, acne.(latest reports from Suicidal thoughts 42,688 patients)
On Dec, 1, 2014: 10,173 people reported to have side effects when taking Nuvaring. Among them, 112 people (1.10%) have Suicidal Thoughts.
Time on Nuvaring when people have Suicidal thoughts * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Suicidal thoughts||13.79%||29.89%||9.20%||20.69%||25.29%||1.15%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Suicidal thoughts when taking Nuvaring * :
|Suicidal thoughts||0.00%||0.00%||3.26%||56.52%||27.17%||13.04%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Suicidal thoughts when taking Nuvaring ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Suicidal thoughts||0.00%||66.67%||33.33%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Suicidal thoughts ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Suicidal thoughts||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Contraception (60 people, 53.57%)
- Headache (10 people, 8.93%)
- Depression (6 people, 5.36%)
- Dysmenorrhoea (5 people, 4.46%)
- Menorrhagia (4 people, 3.57%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ibuprofen (10 people, 8.93%)
- Albuterol (9 people, 8.04%)
- Lexapro (9 people, 8.04%)
- Lortab (8 people, 7.14%)
- Acetaminophen (8 people, 7.14%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Suicidal Thoughts while taking Nuvaring?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Nuvaring and have Suicidal Thoughts
- support group for people who take Nuvaring
- support group for people who have Suicidal Thoughts
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Nuvaring, Suicidal thoughts
More reviews for: Nuvaring, Suicidal thoughts
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- History of comets Pancreas divisum, chronic & recurrent acute pancreatitis, gastric bile reflux
20+ ERCP/panc stents/sphincterotomies
Total Pancretectomy with auto islet cell transplant/splenectomy
Sub colectomy (80% of colon removed)
- I've taken Plan B twice in my life. Once in 2012, and once more recently in June 2014. I had many outside stressors poverty, family, lack of support, i.e. prior to taking Plan B. After I took it I felt depressed, unable to relate/communicate to my partner and family and I had severe emotional respon ...
- For the past 1 1/2 - 2 years my lips will swell and go down, swell and go down. Nothing has seemed to bring this about and the spots where the swelling takes place seems to vary.
I recently read an article posted by BC Global News about the Nuva Ring and new side effects that should be reviewed by ...
- Previously using and recently withdrawn from the following medications: morphine (replaced by suboxone) moclobemide and duloxetine (replaced wita time of intense personal crisis and during an emotional breakdown. Some symptoms existed prior to change in medication, some are new and some have been wo ...
- Previously using and recently withdrawn from the following medications: morphine (replaced by suboxone) moclobemide and duloxetine (replaced with mirtazipine) and recently tapered off diazepam against will and against medical advice from GP in order to meet local suboxone prescribing regulations. Al ...
More related studies for: Nuvaring, Suicidal thoughts
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.