Home > Nuvaring > Urinary incontinence > Nuvaring and Urinary incontinence
Review: could Nuvaring cause Urinary incontinence?
Summary: Urinary incontinence is found among people who take Nuvaring, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Triazolam, and have Contraception.
We study 10,173 people who have side effects while taking Nuvaring from FDA and social media. Among them, 13 have Urinary incontinence. Find out below who they are, when they have Urinary incontinence and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Nuvaring and have Urinary incontinence >>>
Nuvaring (latest outcomes from 10,593 users) has active ingredients of ethinyl estradiol; etonogestrel. It is often used in birth control.
Urinary incontinence (inability to control the flow of urine and involuntary urination) (latest reports from 18,495 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, pain.
On Nov, 26, 2014: 10,173 people reported to have side effects when taking Nuvaring. Among them, 13 people (0.13%) have Urinary Incontinence.
Time on Nuvaring when people have Urinary incontinence * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Urinary incontinence||20.00%||0.00%||30.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Urinary incontinence when taking Nuvaring * :
|Urinary incontinence||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||12.50%||37.50%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Urinary incontinence when taking Nuvaring ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Urinary incontinence||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Urinary incontinence ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Contraception (7 people, 53.85%)
- Migraine (1 people, 7.69%)
- Menstrual disorder (1 people, 7.69%)
- Birth control (1 people, 7.69%)
- Menorrhagia (1 people, 7.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Triazolam (2 people, 15.38%)
- Estrogens conjugated (1 people, 7.69%)
- Imitrex (1 people, 7.69%)
- Excedrin (1 people, 7.69%)
- Synthroid (1 people, 7.69%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
lovemolive (1 month ago):
If your OBGYN ignores you then find a new one he/she is just one of those drs who don't care about your health just selling you prescriptions not only are they getting paid by you/insurance company there also getting paid by the company who makes there prescribed drugs / birthcontrol .... I would find a new doctor or change your method
Reply the comment
ali (1 year ago):
if you can, go to planned parenthood and talk to them about the issue. they always use the most up to date scientific information
Reply the comment
lina (3 years ago):
I myself am incontinent as was fine before using the ring. It's embarassing and quite painful. I tried to discuss this with my doctor but was ignored/told Nuva ring doesn't cause infections at all!! I have been searching for information on others who've had the same the same issues as myself. I've only beebn on it for about 3 mos and am only 35 years old. I don't understand why my ob is ignoring my crys for help. Now I feel helpless and in serious pain whenever I drink anything, I got to run to the bathroom or put towels on my bed. I eat well and exercise...I don't understand how one drug can do so much damage! :(
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Urinary Incontinence while taking Nuvaring?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Nuvaring and have Urinary Incontinence
- support group for people who take Nuvaring
- support group for people who have Urinary Incontinence
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- My daughter is experiencing severe leg cramps while running since starting nuvaring. what about if she switches to a patch or oral contraceptives? will the leg cramps subside?
(Asked by a 15 year old girl who has Sévère Leg Cramps While Running, and takes Nuvaring)
My daughter has severe leg cramps while running since starting Nuvaring. Has anybody that has experienced those switched to the patch or oral contraceptives. If so did the leg cramps return?
- Is the larger breast size permanent after quitting smoking?
(Asked by a 24 year old woman who has Larger And More Sensitive Breasts, and takes Nuvaring, Zyrtec Allergy, Singulair, Multivitamin)
Woke this morning day 4 of no smoking, no nicotine in ANY SHAPE OR FORM and my bra did NOT FIT!!! My breasts are much larger and I am going to get re-sized after work today. Plus my libido is ridiculous!!! Every little thing is making me sexually insane! How long does this last???
- Should spirnolactone be taken with metolazone and lasix
(Asked by a 81 year old man who has Deep Vein Thrombosis, Incontinence - Urinary, and takes LASIX, Metolazone)
I PRESENTLY TAKE METOLAZONE ALONG WITH Lasix. MY POTASSIUM HAS DROPPED AND I AM TRYING TO INCREASE POTASSIUM. SHOULD I TAKE SPIRONOLACT TOINCREASE MY POTASSIUM ? IF SO, WHEN SHOULD I TAKE IT ?
- I have been taking tramadol and sertraline for 3 years. now my new arthritis doctor tells me i have to change because of serious side effects which i have never exhibited.
(Asked by a 69 year old woman who has Osteoarthritis, Depression, Hypothyroidism, Incontinence - Urinary, Acid Reflux, Adrenal Cortical Insufficiency, High Blood Pressure, Craniopharyngioma, Blood Sodium Increased, and takes Tramadol And Acetaminophen, Sertraline Hydrochloride, Protonix, Lisinopril, Synthroid, Oxybutynin Chloride, Desmopressin Acetate, Cabergoline, Hydrocortisone)
The pharmacist told my new arthritis doctor that Sertraline (antidepressant) and Tramadol (painkiller) has serious side effects including seizures, etc. She wants to substitute the tramadol with oxycontin, a habit-forming drug.
I have been taking these drugs (tramadol and Sertraline) together for ...
- Is there cobalt in nuvaring?
(Asked by a 35 year old woman who has Hives, and takes Nuvaring)
I have a cobalt allergy and am still breaking out in hives. Trying to figure out if there is cobalamine present in Nuvaring.
More questions for: Nuvaring, Urinary incontinence
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- My ex-boyfriend's effexor effects
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Incontinence - Urinary, Pedophilia, Nightmares, Acute Kidney Failure, and takes Effexor)
In my fifth year of living with my ex-boyfriend, he began taking Effexor and soon developed urinary incontinence, kidney failure and nightmares or night terrors so severe that he frequently screamed for prolonged periods, flailed and threw punches in his sleep. Upon ceasing to take Effexor, his sle ...
More reviews for: Nuvaring, Urinary incontinence
- A study of side effects of Zoloft for a patient with Depression. The patient has Urinary Incontinence (inability to control the flow of urine and involuntary urination)
Comments: I am on 400mg lamictal and 100mg Zoloft. And 50mg trazadone for sleep. The last 3 months I have urinary incontenance. And sudden urges ti pee. Uaually can't make it ro the bathroom. I am a healthy 29 year ols. Also, I used baby wipes several times to wipe after uaingthe bathroom. The wipes were reca ...
- A study of drug interactions between Probiotics, Claritin-d, Krill Oil, Vitamin D, SAM-e, Dexilant, Buspirone Hcl, Buspar, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride for a patient with Frequent Yeast Infections, Allergies, Bipolar 2, Vitamin D, Acid Reflux, Anxiety Disorder, Migraine. The patient has Urinary Incontinence
Comments: It's been happening for about a month now. I only leak if I cough or sneeze hard. Typically even if I've urinated recently if the action is hard enough. Amounts released do very depending on the severity of the action.
- A study of drug interactions between Flonase, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Vyvanse, Metformin, Zyrtec, Omeprazole, Cymbalta for a patient with Multiple Allergies, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Add, Insulin Resistance, Acid Reflux, Mood Disorder. The patient has Urinary Incontinence, Fatigue, Seborrhoeic Dermatitis
Comments: 10 yrs ago, suddenly had allergic reaction to shampoo and deodorant that I had used for years. Changed deodorants. Still have issues with scalp flare ups while using any brand shampoo. Only thing that helps is Head and Shoulders medicated shampoo in dark blue bottle.
- A study of drug interactions between Xifaxan, Lidocaine, Vitamin D, Nasonex, Vitamin B12, Zenpep, Zomig, Nuvaring, Lorazepam, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Dilaudid, Fentanyl-25, Phenergan for a patient with Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth, Abdominal Pain, Vitamin D Decreased, Allergic Sinusitis, Anaemia Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Pancreas Transplant Rejection, Migraine, Birth Control, Anxiety Disorder, Neck Injury, Hypertension, Pain - Abdomen, Postoperative Adhesion, Nausea Postoperative. The patient has Iron Deficiency Anaemia, Abdominal Bloating, Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth, Insomnia, Fatigue - Chronic, Migraine, Joint Stiffness, Diarrhoea Post-operative, Reflux Gastritis, Neck Pain, Abdominal Pain, Chest Tightness, Sore Throat, Cough, Nausea Post-operative, Malaise, Chills, Night Sweats, Fever
Comments: History of comets Pancreas divisum, chronic & recurrent acute pancreatitis, gastric bile reflux
20+ ERCP/panc stents/sphincterotomies
Total Pancretectomy with auto islet cell transplant/splenectomy
Sub colectomy (80% of colon removed)
- A study of side effects of Nortriptyline Hydrochloride for a patient with Depression Associated With Shingles. The patient has Urinary Incontinence (inability to control the flow of urine and involuntary urination), Burning Sensation, Bladder Not Emptying
Comments: My doctor put me on Nortriptyline while I was suffering from Shingles and had severe depression, itching, and nerve pain on July 27, 2014. Today is Aug 2, 2014 and I have been having urinary bladder difficulty not emptying while going to the bathroom for about 2 weeks. The last three days have been ...
More related studies for: Nuvaring, Urinary incontinence
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.