Review: could Nuvaring cause Urinary tract infection?
Summary: Urinary tract infection is found among people who take Nuvaring, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Multi-vitamin, and have Birth control.
We study 10,186 people who have side effects while taking Nuvaring from FDA and social media. Among them, 464 have Urinary tract infection. Find out below who they are, when they have Urinary tract infection and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Nuvaring and have Urinary tract infection >>>
Nuvaring has active ingredients of ethinyl estradiol; etonogestrel. It is often used in birth control. (latest outcomes from 10,608 Nuvaring users)
Urinary tract infection
Urinary tract infection has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, pain. (latest reports from 73,299 Urinary tract infection patients)
On Apr, 14, 2015: 10,186 people reported to have side effects when taking Nuvaring. Among them, 464 people (4.56%) have Urinary Tract Infection.
Time on Nuvaring when people have Urinary tract infection * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Urinary tract infection||5.31%||25.12%||24.88%||13.53%||26.33%||3.62%||1.21% |
Age of people who have Urinary tract infection when taking Nuvaring * :
|Urinary tract infection||0.00%||0.45%||4.04%||49.10%||33.86%||10.76%||1.79%||0.00% |
Severity of Urinary tract infection when taking Nuvaring ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Urinary tract infection||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Urinary tract infection ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Contraception (344 people, 74.14%)
- Menstruation irregular (40 people, 8.62%)
- Deep vein thrombosis (14 people, 3.02%)
- Pulmonary embolism (12 people, 2.59%)
- Uterine leiomyoma (11 people, 2.37%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Multi-vitamin (35 people, 7.54%)
- Coumadin (35 people, 7.54%)
- Albuterol (28 people, 6.03%)
- Flonase (23 people, 4.96%)
- Cymbalta (22 people, 4.74%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of nuvaring and urinary tract infection on
Do you have Urinary Tract Infection while taking Nuvaring?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Nuvaring and have Urinary Tract Infection
- support group for people who take Nuvaring
- support group for people who have Urinary Tract Infection
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Nuvaring for a 35-year old woman with Pregnancy. The patient has Pneumonia
- A study of drug interactions between Nuvaring, Tramadol for a 36-year old woman with Birth Control, Pain. The patient has Weight Gain, Fatigue, Forgetfulness
- A study of side effects of Nuvaring for a 23-year old woman with Contraception. The patient has Bad Dreams, Insomnia
- A study of drug interactions between Dexedrine, Nuvaring for a 37-year old woman with ADHD, Contraception. The patient has Sleepy
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Clonazepam, Nuvaring, Zoloft for a 28-year old woman with Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Ptsd, Birth Control, Depression. The patient has Libido Decreased, Appetite - Decreased, Proteinuria, Micturition Frequency Decreased, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness
Recent Nuvaring related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Mirena, Paragard T 380a, Beyaz, Nuvaring for a 35-year old woman who has Birth Control
- Comparions of Nuvaring, Minivelle for a 54-year old woman who has Menopause
- Comparions of Wellbutrin Xl, Adderall Xr 20, Nuvaring, Depo-medrol for a 27-year old woman who has Back Injury
- Comparions of Nuvaring, Yasmin for a 32-year old woman who has Birth Control
- Comparions of Nuvaring, Zoloft, Adderall for a 34-year old woman who has Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.