Review: could Nuvaring cause Varicose vein?
Summary: Varicose vein is found among people who take Nuvaring, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Multi-vitamin, and have Contraception.
We study 10,174 people who have side effects while taking Nuvaring from FDA and social media. Among them, 125 have Varicose vein. Find out below who they are, when they have Varicose vein and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Nuvaring and have Varicose vein >>>
Nuvaring has active ingredients of ethinyl estradiol; etonogestrel. It is often used in birth control. (latest outcomes from Nuvaring 10,596 users)
Varicose vein (veins that have become enlarged and tortuous) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, osteopenia, birth control, high blood pressure, pain.(latest reports from Varicose vein 2,333 patients)
On Nov, 29, 2014: 10,173 people reported to have side effects when taking Nuvaring. Among them, 125 people (1.23%) have Varicose Vein.
Time on Nuvaring when people have Varicose vein * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Varicose vein||0.94%||34.91%||17.92%||14.15%||27.36%||4.72%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Varicose vein when taking Nuvaring * :
|Varicose vein||0.00%||0.00%||3.39%||45.76%||35.59%||10.17%||5.08%||0.00% |
Severity of Varicose vein when taking Nuvaring ** :
How people recovered from Varicose vein ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Contraception (104 people, 83.20%)
- Menstruation irregular (14 people, 11.20%)
- Deep vein thrombosis (10 people, 8.00%)
- Pain (5 people, 4.00%)
- Hypertension (4 people, 3.20%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Multi-vitamin (11 people, 8.80%)
- Aspirin (11 people, 8.80%)
- Claritin (11 people, 8.80%)
- Chloroquine phosphate (9 people, 7.20%)
- Plavix (9 people, 7.20%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Varicose Vein while taking Nuvaring?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Nuvaring and have Varicose Vein
- support group for people who take Nuvaring
- support group for people who have Varicose Vein
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Nuvaring, Varicose vein
More reviews for: Nuvaring, Varicose vein
- A study of drug interactions between Xifaxan, Lidocaine, Vitamin D, Nasonex, Vitamin B12, Zenpep, Zomig, Nuvaring, Lorazepam, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Dilaudid, Fentanyl-25, Phenergan for a patient with Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth, Abdominal Pain, Vitamin D Decreased, Allergic Sinusitis, Anaemia Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Pancreas Transplant Rejection, Migraine, Birth Control, Anxiety Disorder, Neck Injury, Hypertension, Pain - Abdomen, Postoperative Adhesion, Nausea Postoperative. The patient has Iron Deficiency Anaemia, Abdominal Bloating, Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth, Insomnia, Fatigue - Chronic, Migraine, Joint Stiffness, Diarrhoea Post-operative, Reflux Gastritis, Neck Pain, Abdominal Pain, Chest Tightness, Sore Throat, Cough, Nausea Post-operative, Malaise, Chills, Night Sweats, Fever
Comments: History of comets Pancreas divisum, chronic & recurrent acute pancreatitis, gastric bile reflux
20+ ERCP/panc stents/sphincterotomies
Total Pancretectomy with auto islet cell transplant/splenectomy
Sub colectomy (80% of colon removed)
- A study of side effects of Nuvaring for a patient with Contraception. The patient has Lip Swelling
Comments: For the past 1 1/2 - 2 years my lips will swell and go down, swell and go down. Nothing has seemed to bring this about and the spots where the swelling takes place seems to vary.
I recently read an article posted by BC Global News about the Nuva Ring and new side effects that should be reviewed by ...
- A study of side effects of Nuvaring for a patient with Birth Control. The patient has Weight Increased, Menstruation Irregular, Hot Flashes (sudden feelings of heat)
Comments: I stopped the nuva ring at age 39 after gaining 20 pounds in 2 years. I have since gained 15 more pounds and multiple menopausal symptoms. I had regular periods and normal weight before taking the medication.
- A study of drug interactions between Nuvaring, Cymbalta for a patient with Birth Control And Family Planning, Depression. The patient has Migraine
Comments: Prior to becoming pregnant with my second child, I had been on cymbalta for over a year with no side effects. After going back on it after my second was born I had no side effects for over a month. I suddenly developed severe migraines 2-3 hours after taking my 30mg dose of cymbalta. Migraines were ...
- A study of drug interactions between Nuvaring, Solodyn, Multivitamin, Vitamin D, Vitamin B12 for a patient with Birth Control, Acne, Vitamin Supplementation.
Comments: a week ago i started to get an itchy rash on only one arm. just started using nuvaring 3 weeks ago. the rash is spreading up my arm still but no where else. Also there is sometimes a tingling/numbness in some of my toes for about 3 minutes then it goes away. Afraid it could be a blood clot. What is ...
More related studies for: Nuvaring, Varicose vein
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.