Home > Nuvaring > Varicose vein > Nuvaring and Varicose vein
Review: could Nuvaring cause Varicose vein?
Summary: Varicose vein is found among people who take Nuvaring, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Multi-vitamin, and have Contraception.
We study 10,173 people who have side effects while taking Nuvaring from FDA and social media. Among them, 125 have Varicose vein. Find out below who they are, when they have Varicose vein and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Nuvaring and have Varicose vein >>>
Nuvaring (latest outcomes from 10,592 users) has active ingredients of ethinyl estradiol; etonogestrel. It is often used in birth control.
Varicose vein (veins that have become enlarged and tortuous) (latest reports from 17,815 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, osteopenia, birth control, high blood pressure, pain.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 10,163 people reported to have side effects when taking Nuvaring. Among them, 125 people (1.23%) have Varicose Vein.
Time on Nuvaring when people have Varicose vein * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Varicose vein||0.94%||34.91%||17.92%||14.15%||27.36%||4.72%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Varicose vein when taking Nuvaring * :
|Varicose vein||0.00%||0.00%||3.39%||45.76%||35.59%||10.17%||5.08%||0.00% |
Severity of Varicose vein when taking Nuvaring ** :
How people recovered from Varicose vein ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Contraception (104 people, 83.20%)
- Menstruation irregular (14 people, 11.20%)
- Deep vein thrombosis (10 people, 8.00%)
- Pain (5 people, 4.00%)
- Hypertension (4 people, 3.20%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Multi-vitamin (11 people, 8.80%)
- Aspirin (11 people, 8.80%)
- Claritin (11 people, 8.80%)
- Chloroquine phosphate (9 people, 7.20%)
- Plavix (9 people, 7.20%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Varicose Vein while taking Nuvaring?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Nuvaring and have Varicose Vein
- support group for people who take Nuvaring
- support group for people who have Varicose Vein
Latest outcomes in real world:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Nuvaring, Varicose vein
More reviews for: Nuvaring, Varicose vein
- A study of side effects of Nuvaring for a patient with Pregnancy. The patient has Vestibulitis (inflammation of small glands at the entrance to the vagina)
Comments: Was on Nuvaring for about 5 years with increasingly painful intercourse. Stopped taking Nuvaring and am completely pain free during intercourse after 4 months without birth control
- A study of drug interactions between Xifaxan, Lidocaine, Vitamin D, Nasonex, Vitamin B12, Zenpep, Zomig, Nuvaring, Lorazepam, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Dilaudid, Fentanyl-25, Phenergan for a patient with Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth, Abdominal Pain, Vitamin D Decreased, Allergic Sinusitis, Anaemia Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Pancreas Transplant Rejection, Migraine, Birth Control, Anxiety Disorder, Neck Injury, Hypertension, Pain - Abdomen, Postoperative Adhesion, Nausea Postoperative. The patient has Iron Deficiency Anaemia, Abdominal Bloating, Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth, Insomnia, Fatigue - Chronic, Migraine, Joint Stiffness, Diarrhoea Post-operative, Reflux Gastritis, Neck Pain, Abdominal Pain, Chest Tightness, Sore Throat, Cough, Nausea Post-operative, Malaise, Chills, Night Sweats, Fever
Comments: History of comets Pancreas divisum, chronic & recurrent acute pancreatitis, gastric bile reflux
20+ ERCP/panc stents/sphincterotomies
Total Pancretectomy with auto islet cell transplant/splenectomy
Sub colectomy (80% of colon removed)
- A study of side effects of Nuvaring for a patient with Birth Control. The patient has Cold Sore (small blisters on the lip and outer edge of the mouth)
Comments: just one part of my gums hurts and ive heard that can happen with hormonal birth control
- A study of side effects of Nuvaring for a patient with Contraception. The patient has Lip Swelling
Comments: For the past 1 1/2 - 2 years my lips will swell and go down, swell and go down. Nothing has seemed to bring this about and the spots where the swelling takes place seems to vary.
I recently read an article posted by BC Global News about the Nuva Ring and new side effects that should be reviewed by ...
- A study of drug interactions between Nuvaring, Focalin Xr for a patient with Menstrual Periods - Heavy, Prolonged, Or Irregular, Adhd. The patient has Rhabdomyosarcoma
Comments: Nuvaring was used in March 2013, early symptoms trace back to July, diagnosis of stage 4 rhabdomyosarcoma was in November 2013
More related studies for: Nuvaring, Varicose vein
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide and Red Face
- Albuterol Sulfate
- Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide
- Red Face and Levothyroxine Sodium
- What side effects do you experience from sulpfasalazine?
Answer: My hair falls out too, but it was falling out before I was ... (3 hours ago)
- Feeling dizziness in the morning. is it due to glaucoma
Since 3 days I am feeling dizziness in the morning for abo ... (14 hours ago)
- What side effects do you experience from sulpfasalazine?
Answer: I was on sulfasalazine for about 3 1/2 months. My stomach ... (22 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (19 hours ago)
- Jaw pain with avastin
My sister is currently taking Avastin and after each treat ... (19 hours ago)
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
Response: Do Not, I repeat Do Not take Lipitor!!! I was on 20mg for ... (2 days ago)