Home > Nuvigil > Blurred vision > Nuvigil and Blurred vision
Review: could Nuvigil cause Blurred vision (Vision problems)?
We study 3,799 people who have side effects while taking Nuvigil from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, when they have Blurred vision and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Nuvigil and have Blurred vision >>>
Nuvigil (latest outcomes from 4,391 users) has active ingredients of armodafinil. It is often used in narcolepsy.
Blurred Vision (latest reports from 1,132 patients) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, generalized anxiety disorder, high blood cholesterol, stress and anxiety.
On Oct, 29, 2014: No report is found
Comments for this study:
LeeC (2 years ago):
Started taking Nuvigil 8 days ago. Started with 75 mg (1/2 tablet) and moved up to 150 mg this a.m. Think this will be my last day of taking it though..vision has become increasingly blurry to the point I have difficulty even when reading glasses being able to see clear enough to read, borderline migraines and sore tongue all are listed as side effects. Disappointed because it helped otherwise but I am not willing to lose vision over this drug.
Reply the comment
Valkure (2 years ago):
Male 55, post 10 month antibiotics for Bartonella, only other med Liothyronine, trying armodafinil to treat life long ESD, side effects of nausea and headaches subsided gradually, now on 250mg daily morning dose, distinctly improved day time alertness and actually improved night time sleep once initial side effects wore off
Only ongoing problem is a perceived exaggeration of my astigmatism (unclear if that is reality, but that's what it resembles) that makes it hard to work. Occurs like clock work approximately 12 hours after dose. Any information concerning this as a side effect would be welcome, especially information regarding whether it subside eventually.
Reply the comment
Promode Bhowmick (2 years ago):
I am taking antidepressant and Waklert 50, but I
am having blurred vision. Kindly advise rergarding remedy
Reply the comment
Userfriend (3 years ago):
I take Nuvigil and have found the ONLY side effect I have is blurred vision. It is worse when I take a 250mg. as opposed to the 150mg. I have a job that requires me to work in front of a computer screen all day, and it is so bad at times, I cannot read what is on the screen. I have sleep issues which requires me to take Nuvigil, so I don't want to stop taking it. It is a wonder drug as far as keeping me awake and productive. I find that within 45-60 minutes after taking it, I don't feel like I'm going to nod out anymore. The wakefulness usually stays with me from 4-6 hrs., depending on whether I take 150mg. or 250mg. If only I could see, I'd have no complaints.
Reply the comment
Do you have Blurred Vision while taking Nuvigil?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Nuvigil
- support group for people who have Blurred Vision
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What side effects from nuvigil and cymbalta creating seretonin syndrome?
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Hot Red Skin On Face Neck And Back, and takes Suboxone , Nuvigil, Cymbalta)
My dr thinks that all the drugs I'm on are causing sedition syndrome. But I have t seen where a symptom was red flushed skin?
- Can blurred vision be reversed from taking gemfibrozi;
(Asked by a 68 year old woman who has Blurred Vision, and takes Gemfibrozil)
Vision has become blurred after taking this drug for about 3 weeks...never had a vision problem before.
- How long does blurred vision normally last after percocet is stopped?
(Asked by a 70 year old man who has Blurred Vision, and takes Percocet)
I took Percocet for pain for one week after rotator cuff surgery. My vision was blurred shortly after I began taking it, but I've been off of it for three weeks with no improvement in my vision. How long does this condition normally last?
- Will taking nuvigil effect my sperm count?
(Asked by a 36 year old man who takes Nuvigil)
I am just wondering if my meds affect my sperm count. My wife and I are trying to have a child and we haven't been successful.
- I have bipolar disorder and adhd and take nuvigil for the adhd and on occasion take lunesta for sleep. anybody else take this combination and what side effects or effects in general have you noticed?
(Asked by a 63 year old woman who has Bipolar I Disorder, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Renal Failure, Stage 3, Primary Hypothyroidism, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Post-traumatic Stress Disorder, Osteoporosis, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, and takes Cymbalta, Lexapro, Lamictal, Latuda, Levothyroxine Sodium, Lunesta, Nuvigil, Maxide, Multivitamin)
I'm anxious about any untoward drug interactions. I can't take stimulants because of a history of abuse. I take Nuvgil for my ADHD and it's the first time I can concentraate in years! I can't believe how much easier it is to organize, get things done, and read. Plus it helps the chronic fatigue I ...
More questions for: Nuvigil, Blurred vision
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Mucinex dm and advil congetstion
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Blurred Vision, Fatigue, Dizziness)
I noticed another female with simlar age and side effects; and a third female who in addition was under active thyroid. I have taken both drugs independently and had no problem with them. I am prone to low blood pressure & dizziness due to the thyroid problem
- Prednisone side effects
(Posted by a 25 year old woman who has Headache, Anxiety, Heartburn, Blurred Vision, Nausea, and takes Prednisone)
Took this for 6 days, tapering at the end to treat a rash caused by a spider bite. The heartburn started on day 1 but the other symptoms didn't begin until day 4. None we're severe but they weren't fun either. The blurred vision was worst.
- Libido increase with xyrem
(Posted by a 48 year old woman who has Thyroid Operation, Cataplexy, Narcolepsy, Migraine Prophylaxis, and takes Synthroid, Inderal La, Cymbalta, Xyrem, Nuvigil)
Although it appears by my med list that I am a train wreck, its quite the contrary. Now that my migraine headaches have been controlled by Inderal & Cymbalta and my thyroid is under control, the only thing left to do was to fall asleep at the oddest times, which progressed to not being able to stand ...
More reviews for: Nuvigil, Blurred vision
- A study of side effects of Vyvanse for a patient with ADHD. The patient has Irritability, Pain - Back, Dry Mouth, Teeth Grinding And Clenching (a condition in which you grind, gnash or clench your teeth), Vision Problems, Tolerance Increased, Sleep Talking (talking during sleeping), Breathing-related Sleep Disorder
Comments: These are some of the problems I am experiencing. It seems like my dosage is too high, however if I do not take more than 60mg at a time then the Vyvanse has no affect on me whatsoever. I am most concerned about waking up to catch my breath every 30 seconds at night. I was prescribed Adderrall throu ...
- A study of side effects of Estrogel for a patient with Menopausal Symptoms. The patient has Blurred Vision
Comments: I took Estrogel for approximately 6 months to a year to alleviate dryness and itchiness and it worked great. About 4 months ago, my vision took a bit hit with a lot of blurriness so I quit taking it. We have moved to Costa Rica to retire and in the physical to apply for health insurance my urinal ...
- A study of side effects of Lansoprazole for a patient with Gestation. The patient has Vision Problems
Comments: hi. i forgot my period exuct date.but i guess it day 16th. every months i get my period 1 or 2 day before but this months i think it getting late little bit. i had sex one day in the meantime and it was safe .Im really worried about pregnancy.i got headeche, dizzyness as wel.what should i do now. pl ...
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Wellbutrin Xl, Lexapro for a patient with Pain, Eating Disorder - Bulimia, Depression. The patient has Elevated Mood, Sapho Syndrome, Electrolyte Imbalance, Stomach Pain, Indigestion, Burning Feeling When Swallowing, Throat Tightness, Chest Wall Pain, Insomnia, Vision Problems, Blood Insulin, Pain - Joints, Muscle Aches, White Blood Cell Count Decreased, Iron Deficiency Anemia, Proteinuria Present, Urine Albumin/creatinine Ratio Increased, Low Back Pain, Breath Odor, Dizziness, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Muscle Oedema, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Edema
Comments: symptoms started slowly about a year ago and have progressively gotten worse everyday. doctor has stated this could be the problem and suggests I ween off Lexapro. my electrolytes are consistently off and constant anemia despite taking iron 3 times a day. my hormone for ADH is very elevated. suggest ...
- A study of drug interactions between Selenium, Vitamin E, Green Tea, Soy Protein Isolate, Lisinopril, Atenolol, Fenofibrate for a patient with Prostate Cancer Recurrent, Antioxidant Therapy, Antiangiogenic Therapy, High Blood Pressure, Blood Triglycerides. The patient has Vision Impairment, Itching, Abdominal Pain
Comments: Many years ago I took gemfibrizil and was sickened by it. Seven years ago I took Lipitor for 9 days and my kidneys shut down. Seven months ago I started Fenofibrate and now have suddenly been diagnosed with diabetes and gall stones. DID THE FENOFIBRATE CAUSE THE DIABETES AND GALL STONES?
More related studies for: Nuvigil, Blurred vision
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Avocado and Nocturnal Emission
- Isentress and Gynecomastia
- Hair Loss and Liver Abscess
- Dizziness and Trileptal
- Seizures and Dizziness
- Did you have a heart fibrillations and anxiety and depression
I was a pretty calm and relaxed person until I started ome ... (4 hours ago)
- Can i take melatonin if i take prograf?
I take Prograf to prevent organ rejection in a liver trans ... (11 hours ago)
- What medication can i add to viibryd
Answer: I have, ADHD, depression, anxiety and recently diagnosed w ... (15 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- A really bad day ritalin+orange juice
I took Ritaline, then Orange juice. I couldn't do my exam ... (11 hours ago)
- Tingling feet and hands
I have used flagyl 3 times and after stopping the use of t ... (16 hours ago)
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (3 days ago)