Review: could Nuvigil cause Blurred vision (Vision problems)?
Summary: there is no Blurred vision reported by people who take Nuvigil yet.
We study 3,820 people who have side effects while taking Nuvigil from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, when they have Blurred vision and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Nuvigil and have Blurred vision >>>
Nuvigil has active ingredients of armodafinil. It is often used in narcolepsy. (latest outcomes from 4,416 Nuvigil users)
Blurred vision has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, generalized anxiety disorder, high blood cholesterol, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 433 Blurred vision patients)
On Apr, 4, 2015: No report is found
Comments for this study:
LeeC (2 years ago):
Started taking Nuvigil 8 days ago. Started with 75 mg (1/2 tablet) and moved up to 150 mg this a.m. Think this will be my last day of taking it though..vision has become increasingly blurry to the point I have difficulty even when reading glasses being able to see clear enough to read, borderline migraines and sore tongue all are listed as side effects. Disappointed because it helped otherwise but I am not willing to lose vision over this drug.
Reply the comment
Valkure (2 years ago):
Male 55, post 10 month antibiotics for Bartonella, only other med Liothyronine, trying armodafinil to treat life long ESD, side effects of nausea and headaches subsided gradually, now on 250mg daily morning dose, distinctly improved day time alertness and actually improved night time sleep once initial side effects wore off
Only ongoing problem is a perceived exaggeration of my astigmatism (unclear if that is reality, but that's what it resembles) that makes it hard to work. Occurs like clock work approximately 12 hours after dose. Any information concerning this as a side effect would be welcome, especially information regarding whether it subside eventually.
Reply the comment
Promode Bhowmick (3 years ago):
I am taking antidepressant and Waklert 50, but I
am having blurred vision. Kindly advise rergarding remedy
Reply the comment
Userfriend (3 years ago):
I take Nuvigil and have found the ONLY side effect I have is blurred vision. It is worse when I take a 250mg. as opposed to the 150mg. I have a job that requires me to work in front of a computer screen all day, and it is so bad at times, I cannot read what is on the screen. I have sleep issues which requires me to take Nuvigil, so I don't want to stop taking it. It is a wonder drug as far as keeping me awake and productive. I find that within 45-60 minutes after taking it, I don't feel like I'm going to nod out anymore. The wakefulness usually stays with me from 4-6 hrs., depending on whether I take 150mg. or 250mg. If only I could see, I'd have no complaints.
Reply the comment
Do you have Blurred Vision while taking Nuvigil?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Nuvigil
- support group for people who have Blurred Vision
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Restoril for a 60-year old woman with Chronic Insomnia. The patient has Unsteady, Blurred Vision, Dizziness
- A study of drug interactions between Suboxone, Nuvigil for a 25-year old woman with Noni, Narcolepsy. The patient has Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Rash
- A study of side effects of Levaquin for a 49-year old woman with Respiratory Disorder. The patient has Back Pain, Knee Pain, Skin Burning Sensation, Skin Sensitisation, Sun-induced Skin Changes - Keratosis, Paralysis, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Headache - Migraine With Aura, Tendon Pain, Gerd, Vision Impairment, Coronary Artery Spasm, Neuropathy
- A study of drug interactions between Losartan Potassium And Hydrochlorothiazide, Amlodipine Besylate for a 51-year old woman with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Loss Of Libido, Weight Gain, Supraventricular Tachycardia, Tired Eyes, Red Eyes, Dry Eyes, Glaucoma, Blurred Vision, Watery Eyes
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Nuvigil, Alprazolam for a 54-year old woman with Pain - Back, Apnea - Sleep Apnea Syndrome, Anxiety Disorder.
Recent Nuvigil related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.