Home > Nuvigil > Headaches > Nuvigil and Headaches
Review: could Nuvigil cause Headaches (Headache)?
We study 3,799 people who have side effects while taking Nuvigil from FDA and social media. Among them, 363 have Headaches. Find out below who they are, when they have Headaches and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Nuvigil and have Headaches >>>
Nuvigil (latest outcomes from 4,388 users) has active ingredients of armodafinil. It is often used in narcolepsy.
Headaches (pain in head) (latest reports from 1,191,904 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 3,799 people reported to have side effects when taking Nuvigil. Among them, 363 people (9.56%) have Headaches.
Time on Nuvigil when people have Headaches * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Headaches when taking Nuvigil * :
Age of people who have Headaches when taking Nuvigil * :
Severity of Headaches when taking Nuvigil ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Headaches ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Narcolepsy (89 people, 24.52%)
- Fatigue (65 people, 17.91%)
- Sleep apnoea syndrome (62 people, 17.08%)
- Multiple sclerosis (39 people, 10.74%)
- Somnolence (30 people, 8.26%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (32 people, 8.82%)
- Cymbalta (30 people, 8.26%)
- Synthroid (27 people, 7.44%)
- Nexium (22 people, 6.06%)
- Provigil (22 people, 6.06%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Headaches while taking Nuvigil?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Nuvigil and have Headaches
- support group for people who take Nuvigil
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What's the best home remedy for jaundice?
I started out thinking that I had pancreatitis, had all the symptoms, abdominal pain that went all the way thru to the back & inability to digest food (chronic indigestion). I read about keeping the bodys pH better balanced, bought pH test strips (urine) & found I was very acidic. I began eating mor ...
- What side effects from nuvigil and cymbalta creating seretonin syndrome?
My dr thinks that all the drugs I'm on are causing sedition syndrome. But I have t seen where a symptom was red flushed skin?
- Interactions between quineprox (hydroxychloroquine) &zyvox (linezolid)
I had foot soft tissue infection and hospitalized for two days and given IV for Cipro. Then I was released from the hospital and given Zyvox 600MG twice a day for ten days. Meanwhile, I am taking 2000 MG cellcept and 400MG Hydroxychloriquine for more than 10 years to control my lupus. Around the si ...
- Can i take ibuprofen when i'm on the medicine miralax to treat my massive head ache?
I was recently told by a doctor that I was constipated and that I should take Miralax. I personally don't think I'm constipated. My lower abdomen hurts and so does my head. Every single time I sneeze or cough it hurts really bad! I want to know if I can take some ibuprofen to treat the pain. But I d ...
- Will taking nuvigil effect my sperm count?
I am just wondering if my meds affect my sperm count. My wife and I are trying to have a child and we haven't been successful.
- Is it safe to take methadone(52mg daily), metoprolol extended release(75mg daily) & xanax(1mg twice daily)
I'm just wanting to know if its safe to take all 3. I've been on methadone for 7yrs and about a yr ago i started tapering and started at 130mg, but am now at 52mg. I've been on the Metoprolol(extended release) for about a yr now taking 50mg in AM, and 25mg in PM. I just started taking the Xanax abo ...
- Can i take ibruprofen with parafon
I have back pain ,fever and head ache. I am not getting any releif. Can I take Ibuprofen?
- Has anyone had issues with vistaril causing ibs flare ups? and does vistaril help ic symptoms?
I have had IBS for almost 20 years and was diagnosed with IC about 12 years ago. I have been on Elavil for about 2 years and it was causing weight gain and I was starting to not sleep well at night past few months even when I take 3 of the Elavil at bedtime. So I asked my doctor if there was somethi ...
- Do you suddenly speak with a different accent after a headache, tia, stroke, or other head injury?
Does anyone else out there have a foreign accent that came on suddenly? I know Foreign Accent Syndrome is very rare, but I am trying to find others like myself so that we can learn together. I had a migraine often caused by weather fronts or strobe lights. Only this time it caused me to have a growi ...
- Can a person take antabuse and maxalt together?
I am taking Antabuse for alcoholism . But it's causing severe headaches. Can I try Maxalt for the headache?
More questions for: Nuvigil, Headaches
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Raspberry ketones - side-effect of red face, face muscle twitching
Whenever I use Raspberry Ketones 500mg capsules (1 a day) I get reddening of the tops of my cheeks coupled with muscle tightening/twitching of the cheek muscles closest to the nose (the muscles that contract if someone blows in your eyes) and the muscles at the bridge of nose at times too. Both sets ...
- Still ill after several years
I became ill several years ago.
It all started with a head cold that lasted a few months and left me with Tinnitus and chronic sinusitis.
After a nose operation and many visits to the doc and hospital, I am no closer to felling better or being cured.
My doc gave me Beconase Aq at first and th ...
- Prednisone side effects
Took this for 6 days, tapering at the end to treat a rash caused by a spider bite. The heartburn started on day 1 but the other symptoms didn't begin until day 4. None we're severe but they weren't fun either. The blurred vision was worst.
- How an integrative wellness approach cured me of insomnia, ibs, and more
For 10+ years, I suffered with insomnia and a host of other problems including intestinal distress, headaches, psoriasis, anxiety, cognitive issues, hypothyroid, chronic itching, restless leg, etc. Traditional medicine, aka taking drugs, was not working to heal me. Since childhood, I’ve had IBS, h ...
- Libido increase with xyrem
Although it appears by my med list that I am a train wreck, its quite the contrary. Now that my migraine headaches have been controlled by Inderal & Cymbalta and my thyroid is under control, the only thing left to do was to fall asleep at the oddest times, which progressed to not being able to stand ...
More reviews for: Nuvigil, Headaches
On eHealthMe, Nuvigil (armodafinil) is often used for narcolepsy. Find out below the conditions Nuvigil is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Nuvigil used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Nuvigil, Flexeril, Yaz for a patient with Hypersomnia - Idiopathic, Fibromyalgia, Birth Control And Family Planning. The patient has Headache, Loss Of Appetite
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 10, Wellbutrin Xl, Klonopin, Nuvigil, Norvasc for a patient with Add, Depression, Anxiety, Fatigue, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Tiredness, Headaches
- A study of drug interactions between Fentanyl-25, Norco, Flexeril, Nuvigil for a patient with Pain - Back, Breakthrough Pain, Pain - Muscles, Drowsiness. The patient has Headache, Vision Blurred, Double Vision, Ringing In The Ears
More related studies for: Nuvigil, Headaches
Recent Nuvigil related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Adderall Xr 10, Provigil, Nuvigil for a 53-year old man who has Central Sleep Apnea
- Comparions of Nuvigil, Provigil for a 59-year old man who has Narcolepsy
- Comparions of Nuvigil, Concerta for a 24-year old man who has Narcolepsy
- Comparions of Dexedrine, Strattera, Nuvigil, Daytrana, Adderall 20 for a 49-year old man who has Narcolepsy
- Comparions of Nuvigil, Valium, Pristiq for a 62-year old woman who has Nuvigil
- Comparions of Metoprolol Succinate, Lovaza, Coumadin, Nuvigil, Oxycontin for a 61-year old man who has Polyneuropathy Chronic
- Comparions of Nuvigil, Provigil for a 47-year old man who has Narcolepsy
- Comparions of Adderall 10, Nuvigil for a 22-year old woman who has Narcolepsy
- Comparions of Metoprolol Succinate, Nuvigil for a 63-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia
- Comparions of Armodafinil, Modafinil for a 22-year old woman who has Narcolepsy
More related comparison studies for: Nuvigil, Headaches
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Low Blood Sugar and Levothyroxine Sodium
- Iron Deficiency Anaemia and Xanax
- Vitamin D and Painful Response To Normal Stimuli
- Toe Swelling and Indomethacin
- Toe Swelling and Gout
Recent user comments
- "ALTHOUGH SOMEWHAT NOTICING SOME SMALL LOSS OF MEMORY, ... " (21 seconds ago)
- "Diagnosed with Gout about 5 weeks ago,Prescribed Indo ... " (1 hour ago)
- "I did call my doctors office about it and they deny k ... " (5 hours ago)
- Volvulus Of Small Bowel
- Oesophageal Adenocarcinoma Recurrent