Home > Nuvigil > Headaches > Nuvigil and Headaches
Review: could Nuvigil cause Headaches (Headache)?
We study 3,795 people who have side effects while taking Nuvigil from FDA and social media. Among them, 363 have Headaches. Find out below who they are, when they have Headaches and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Nuvigil and have Headaches >>>
Nuvigil (latest outcomes from 4,387 users) has active ingredients of armodafinil. It is often used in narcolepsy.
Headaches (pain in head) (latest reports from 1,192,697 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis.
On Aug, 27, 2014: 3,794 people reported to have side effects when taking Nuvigil. Among them, 363 people (9.57%) have Headaches. They amount to 0.03% of all the 1,203,861 people who have Headaches on eHealthMe.
Time on Nuvigil when people have Headaches * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Headaches when taking Nuvigil * :
Age of people who have Headaches when taking Nuvigil * :
Severity of Headaches when taking Nuvigil ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Headaches ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Narcolepsy (89 people, 24.52%)
- Fatigue (65 people, 17.91%)
- Sleep apnoea syndrome (62 people, 17.08%)
- Multiple sclerosis (39 people, 10.74%)
- Somnolence (30 people, 8.26%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (32 people, 8.82%)
- Cymbalta (30 people, 8.26%)
- Synthroid (27 people, 7.44%)
- Nexium (22 people, 6.06%)
- Provigil (22 people, 6.06%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Headaches while taking Nuvigil?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Nuvigil and have Headaches
- group for people who take Nuvigil
Comments from related studies:
From this study (9 months ago):
Trying to figure out if my symptoms are related to medications I am taking or due to chronic fatigue syndrome which I have been diagnosed with and maybe fibromyalgia or lumbar stenosis or MS.
From this study (12 months ago):
The only time the pain is partially releaved is lying in a prone position with heat on my posterior neck and the back of my head. The pain strats in my shoulders and neck and radiates up the back of my head.
From this study (3 years ago):
SO far the nuvigil makes my brain and body feel awake for the first time in a long time. No jitters or shakes or feelings of extreme energy. By 7 or 8, I am sleepy but can stay awake. The only adverse side effect is headaches, which get better when I remind myself to eat, and loss of appetite. Still waiting to see which if any adverse reactions occur with the yaz and Nuvigil, since Nuvigil reduces the effect of hormonal BC.
emily on Oct, 1, 2011:
Just a warning, the "adverse effects" you would see on Yaz and Nuvigil would be pregnancy. Just a heads up if that's not in your plan right now, as my doctor told me when I was on hormonal BC and Nuvigil to either always use condoms or get an IUD, since it renders hormonal BC pretty much ineffective. I opted for the Paragard IUD.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Nuvigil, Headaches
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Still ill after several years
I became ill several years ago.
It all started with a head cold that lasted a few months and left me with Tinnitus and chronic sinusitis.
After a nose operation and many visits to the doc and hospital, I am no closer to felling better or being cured.
My doc gave me Beconase Aq at first and th ...
- Prednisone side effects
Took this for 6 days, tapering at the end to treat a rash caused by a spider bite. The heartburn started on day 1 but the other symptoms didn't begin until day 4. None we're severe but they weren't fun either. The blurred vision was worst.
- How an integrative wellness approach cured me of insomnia, ibs, and more
For 10+ years, I suffered with insomnia and a host of other problems including intestinal distress, headaches, psoriasis, anxiety, cognitive issues, hypothyroid, chronic itching, restless leg, etc. Traditional medicine, aka taking drugs, was not working to heal me. Since childhood, I’ve had IBS, h ...
More reviews for: Nuvigil, Headaches
On eHealthMe, Nuvigil (armodafinil) is often used for narcolepsy. Find out below the conditions Nuvigil is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Nuvigil used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Headaches is also known as: Frequent Headaches, Headache, Pain - head.
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Nexium, Ventolin Hfa, Imitrex, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, Oxybutynin Chloride, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Multivitamin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Hydroxyzine, Cymbalta for a 42-year old woman who has GERD, Asthma, Migraine, Allergy, Incontinence - Urinary, Muscle Spasms, Vitamin D Deficiency, Hypothyroidism, Itching, Depression (43 minutes ago)
- Abilify for a 54-year old man who has Depression (52 minutes ago)
- Enbrel for a 43-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Cytomegalovirus Infection and Vertigo
- Flexeril for Fibromyalgia
- Lightheadedness and Emphysema
- Levothyroxine Sodium
Recent user comments
- "Did not notice until started Finasteride, but might h ... " (2 hours ago)
- "I take 20 milligrams of Abilify with 20 mg. of celexa ... " (3 hours ago)
- "Having headache recurrent last 24 hrs. Side effects o ... " (11 hours ago)
- Burkitt's Lymphoma Stage Ii
- Hydralazine Hydrochloride
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Urine Amphetamine Positive