Review: could Nuvigil cause Narcotic abuse (Drug abuse)?
Summary: Narcotic abuse is found among people who take Nuvigil, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Naproxen, and have Pain in extremity.
We study 3,819 people who have side effects while taking Nuvigil from FDA and social media. Among them, 10 have Narcotic abuse. Find out below who they are, when they have Narcotic abuse and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Nuvigil and have Narcotic abuse >>>
Nuvigil has active ingredients of armodafinil. It is often used in narcolepsy. (latest outcomes from 4,412 Nuvigil users)
Narcotic abuse (addiction of narcotic (pain killer )) has been reported by people with drug abuse and dependence, pain, depression, back pain, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 10,559 Narcotic abuse patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 3,819 people reported to have side effects when taking Nuvigil. Among them, 10 people (0.26%) have Narcotic Abuse.
Time on Nuvigil when people have Narcotic abuse * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Narcotic abuse||50.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Narcotic abuse when taking Nuvigil * :
|Narcotic abuse||36.36%||63.64% |
Age of people who have Narcotic abuse when taking Nuvigil * :
|Narcotic abuse||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||25.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Narcotic abuse when taking Nuvigil ** :
How people recovered from Narcotic abuse ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain in extremity (2 people, 20.00%)
- Depression (2 people, 20.00%)
- Muscle spasms (2 people, 20.00%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (2 people, 20.00%)
- Gout (2 people, 20.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Naproxen (2 people, 20.00%)
- Fluoxetine hydrochloride (2 people, 20.00%)
- Cyclobenzaprine hcl (2 people, 20.00%)
- Meclizine hydrochloride (2 people, 20.00%)
- Allopurinol (2 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Nuvigil and narcotic abuse on
Do you have Narcotic Abuse while taking Nuvigil?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Nuvigil and have Narcotic Abuse
- support group for people who take Nuvigil
- support group for people who have Narcotic Abuse
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Viorele, Nuvigil, Escitalopram, Relpax for a 23-year old woman with Birth Control, Excessive Daytime Sleepiness, Anxiety, Migraine.
- A study of side effects of Nuvigil for a 42-year old man with Skin Disorder. The patient has Bone And Joint Pain, Abdominal Pain Upper, Back Pain Aggravated
- A study of drug interactions between Nuvigil, Prazosin Hydrochloride, Viagra, Vitamin D, Prednisone, Pravastatin Sodium, Lisinopril, Bystolic, Zolpidem, Vitamin C, Lexapro, Lorazepam, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen for a 68-year old man with Tiredness, Ptsd, Erectile Dysfunction, General Physical Condition, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, High Blood Cholesterol, Blood Pressure Increased, Coronary Artery Disease, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Depression Suicidal, Anxiety Disorder, Chronic Pain. The patient has Tinnitus, Sleep Apnea, Erectile Dysfunction, Elevated Mood, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Coronary Artery Disease, Major Depressive Disorder, Ptsd
- A study of side effects of Nuvigil for a 42-year old man with Sleep Disorder. The patient has Back Pain, Side Pain (a distressing sensation experienced around the lower back and the upper abdomen)
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Certirizine Hydrochloride, Ranitidine, Ortho Tri-cyclen, Fluoxetine, Levothyroxine Sodium, Nuvigil for a 31-year old woman with Anemia, Allergy, Acid Reflux, Pregnancy On Oral Contraceptive, Depression, Hypothyroidism, Narcolepsy. The patient has Paleness, Clammy Skin, Dizziness, Nausea, Hypotension
Recent Nuvigil related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.