Home > Nuvigil > Narcotic abuse > Nuvigil and Narcotic abuse
Review: could Nuvigil cause Narcotic abuse (Drug abuse)?
Summary: Narcotic abuse is found among people who take Nuvigil, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Naproxen, and have Pain in extremity.
We study 3,799 people who have side effects while taking Nuvigil from FDA and social media. Among them, 10 have Narcotic abuse. Find out below who they are, when they have Narcotic abuse and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Nuvigil and have Narcotic abuse >>>
Nuvigil (latest outcomes from 4,394 users) has active ingredients of armodafinil. It is often used in narcolepsy.
Narcotic abuse (addiction of narcotic (pain killer )) (latest reports from 10,555 patients) has been reported by people with drug abuse and dependence, pain, depression, back pain, stress and anxiety.
On Nov, 26, 2014: 3,799 people reported to have side effects when taking Nuvigil. Among them, 10 people (0.26%) have Narcotic Abuse.
Time on Nuvigil when people have Narcotic abuse * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Narcotic abuse||50.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Narcotic abuse when taking Nuvigil * :
|Narcotic abuse||36.36%||63.64% |
Age of people who have Narcotic abuse when taking Nuvigil * :
|Narcotic abuse||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||25.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Narcotic abuse when taking Nuvigil ** :
How people recovered from Narcotic abuse ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain in extremity (2 people, 20.00%)
- Depression (2 people, 20.00%)
- Muscle spasms (2 people, 20.00%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (2 people, 20.00%)
- Gout (2 people, 20.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Naproxen (2 people, 20.00%)
- Fluoxetine hydrochloride (2 people, 20.00%)
- Cyclobenzaprine hcl (2 people, 20.00%)
- Meclizine hydrochloride (2 people, 20.00%)
- Allopurinol (2 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Narcotic Abuse while taking Nuvigil?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Nuvigil and have Narcotic Abuse
- support group for people who take Nuvigil
- support group for people who have Narcotic Abuse
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is clozapine simular to suboxen
(Asked by a 43 year old man who has Heroin Abuse)
I am withdrawing from heroin and im out of suboxen will clozapine work simularly , will it help at all or hurt
- What side effects from nuvigil and cymbalta creating seretonin syndrome?
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Hot Red Skin On Face Neck And Back, and takes Suboxone , Nuvigil, Cymbalta)
My dr thinks that all the drugs I'm on are causing sedition syndrome. But I have t seen where a symptom was red flushed skin?
- Is taking 1.5 or 2 mg lorazepam while on suboxone dangerous, suboxone is being used for opaite dependence and pain and lorazepam is used for anxiety
(Asked by a 40 year old man who has Narcotic Abuse, and takes Lorazepam)
I am taking about 20 to 22 MG of suboxone a day but I also take 2 mg of Lorazepam a day for anxiety, is it dangerous to do so. I do not exceed the doses mentioned at all.
- Will taking nuvigil effect my sperm count?
(Asked by a 36 year old man who takes Nuvigil)
I am just wondering if my meds affect my sperm count. My wife and I are trying to have a child and we haven't been successful.
- I have bipolar disorder and adhd and take nuvigil for the adhd and on occasion take lunesta for sleep. anybody else take this combination and what side effects or effects in general have you noticed?
(Asked by a 63 year old woman who has Bipolar I Disorder, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Renal Failure, Stage 3, Primary Hypothyroidism, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Post-traumatic Stress Disorder, Osteoporosis, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, and takes Cymbalta, Lexapro, Lamictal, Latuda, Levothyroxine Sodium, Lunesta, Nuvigil, Maxide, Multivitamin)
I'm anxious about any untoward drug interactions. I can't take stimulants because of a history of abuse. I take Nuvgil for my ADHD and it's the first time I can concentraate in years! I can't believe how much easier it is to organize, get things done, and read. Plus it helps the chronic fatigue I ...
More questions for: Nuvigil, Narcotic abuse
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Libido increase with xyrem
(Posted by a 48 year old woman who has Thyroid Operation, Cataplexy, Narcolepsy, Migraine Prophylaxis, and takes Synthroid, Inderal La, Cymbalta, Xyrem, Nuvigil)
Although it appears by my med list that I am a train wreck, its quite the contrary. Now that my migraine headaches have been controlled by Inderal & Cymbalta and my thyroid is under control, the only thing left to do was to fall asleep at the oddest times, which progressed to not being able to stand ...
More reviews for: Nuvigil, Narcotic abuse
- A study of drug interactions between Pristiq, Ritalin, Nuvigil, Abilify, Suboxone for a patient with Depression, Adhd, Sleep Apnea, Dependence. The patient has Skin Hyperpigmentation
Comments: I had a small amount of the hyperpigmentation between the nose and mouth (mustache area) before starting any of the drugs listed above, however, I was on Methadone at the time. That was about 3 years ago. Over the last 2 years it has spread to my cheeks & chin as well. Basically I have darkened s ...
- A study of drug interactions between Prozac, Effexor, Nuvigil, Cymbalta, Abilify for a patient with Depression, Energy Increased. The patient has Tardive Dyskinesia
Comments: I have become aware, within the last 2 years, that I have been moving the back of my tongue at a rapid rate. I didn't realize that I was doing it until about 2 years ago. I am able to stop doing it when I think about it, but when not paying attention, I start doing it again. When I am anxious or ...
- A study of drug interactions between Topamax, Nuvigil for a patient with Migraine With Aura, Narcolepsy. The patient has Cognitive Deterioration, Short-term Memory Loss
Comments: I started to suffer from symptoms of Narcolepsy in January 2011. I wasn't officially DX until Aug 2011, then was RX Nuvigil (2x / day 250 mg). Actual DX is Narcolepsy with Cataplexy. By Feb. 2012, 13 months after onset of symptoms and six months after beginning Nuvigil, I started to suffer fro ...
- A study of drug interactions between Nicoderm Cq, Concerta, Nuvigil, Clonazepam, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fluoxetine for a patient with Smoking Cessation, Disthymia, Sever Fatigue, Sleepy, Dysthymia. The patient has Ptsd, Chronic Depression
Comments: Although I have a long history of depression (first noted 1964 - not treated until 1973), diagnosis has changed over the years from MDD to Bipolar II, Now Dysthymia with PTSD. I have tried many medications over the years: MAOI's, Tricyclic's, SSRI's, 24 ECT treatments, CBT, Psychoanalysis. Major sym ...
- A study of drug interactions between Celebrex, Cephalexin, Seasonique, Nuvigil for a patient with Inflammation Localised, Dental Abscess, Birth Control, Idiopathic Hypersomnia. The patient has Muscle Weakness
Comments: 6 weeks postop distal bicep rupture was put on celebrex for inflammation. Starting taking 4 days ago muscle weakness began on day 2. Weakness has increased to the point I cant stand on my own last dose was 14 hours ago. Allergic to Aleve but not ibuprophen
More related studies for: Nuvigil, Narcotic abuse
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.