Review: could Nuvigil cause Stomach upset (Nausea and vomiting)?
Summary: Stomach upset is found among people who take Nuvigil, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lyrica, and have Multiple sclerosis.
We study 3,819 people who have side effects while taking Nuvigil from FDA and social media. Among them, 59 have Stomach upset. Find out below who they are, when they have Stomach upset and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Nuvigil and have Stomach upset >>>
Nuvigil has active ingredients of armodafinil. It is often used in narcolepsy. (latest outcomes from 4,412 Nuvigil users)
Stomach upset has been reported by people with pain, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, quit smoking. (latest reports from 142,475 Stomach upset patients)
On Feb, 27, 2015: 3,811 people reported to have side effects when taking Nuvigil. Among them, 59 people (1.55%) have Stomach Upset.
Time on Nuvigil when people have Stomach upset * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Stomach upset||72.22%||16.67%||0.00%||11.11%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Stomach upset when taking Nuvigil * :
|Stomach upset||87.50%||12.50% |
Age of people who have Stomach upset when taking Nuvigil * :
|Stomach upset||0.00%||1.89%||5.66%||9.43%||20.75%||13.21%||30.19%||18.87% |
Severity of Stomach upset when taking Nuvigil ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Stomach upset||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Stomach upset ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple sclerosis (12 people, 20.34%)
- Narcolepsy (9 people, 15.25%)
- Depression (9 people, 15.25%)
- Fatigue (9 people, 15.25%)
- Sleep apnoea syndrome (5 people, 8.47%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lyrica (11 people, 18.64%)
- Nexium (10 people, 16.95%)
- Gilenya (9 people, 15.25%)
- Cymbalta (8 people, 13.56%)
- Omeprazole (7 people, 11.86%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Stomach Upset while taking Nuvigil?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Nuvigil and have Stomach Upset
- support group for people who take Nuvigil
- support group for people who have Stomach Upset
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Dilaudid, Albuterol, Dronabinol, Cyproheptadine Hydrochloride, Tramadol, Phenergan for a 45-year old woman with Pain - Abdomen, Gerd, Increased Appetite, Nausea, Pain, Nausea And Vomiting. The patient has Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of side effects of Ceftriaxone for a 77-year old woman with Infection - Kidney. The patient has Nausea And Vomiting, Elevated Liver Enzymes (high liver enzymes), Liver Cirrhosis (end result of chronic liver damage caused by chronic liver disease), Emboli (a blood clot, air bubble, piece of fatty deposit, or other object that has been carried in the bloodstream), Gallstones (stone formation by bile component)
- A study of drug interactions between Latuda, Lamictal for a 46-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder, Bipolar. The patient has Vomiting, Upset Stomach
- A study of side effects of Mirtazapine for a 91-year old woman with Anxiety. The patient has Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of side effects of Nuvigil for a 42-year old man with Skin Disorder. The patient has Bone And Joint Pain, Abdominal Pain Upper, Back Pain Aggravated
Recent Nuvigil related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Trazodone Hydrochloride, Topamax, Xanax, Nuvigil, Adderall 30 for a 34-year old woman who has ADHD
- Comparions of Adderall Xr 10, Provigil, Nuvigil for a 53-year old man who has Central Sleep Apnea
- Comparions of Nuvigil, Provigil for a 59-year old man who has Narcolepsy
- Comparions of Nuvigil, Concerta for a 24-year old man who has Narcolepsy
- Comparions of Dexedrine, Strattera, Nuvigil, Daytrana, Adderall 20 for a 49-year old man who has Narcolepsy
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.