Review: could Nuvigil cause Withdrawal syndrome?
Summary: Withdrawal syndrome is found among people who take Nuvigil, especially for people who are male, 2-9 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Effexor, and have Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
We study 3,819 people who have side effects while taking Nuvigil from FDA and social media. Among them, 7 have Withdrawal syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Withdrawal syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Nuvigil and have Withdrawal syndrome >>>
Nuvigil has active ingredients of armodafinil. It is often used in narcolepsy. (latest outcomes from 4,412 Nuvigil users)
Withdrawal syndrome (a discontinuation syndrome is a set of symptoms occurred due to discontinuation of substance) has been reported by people with depression, pain, stress and anxiety, muscle spasticity, back pain. (latest reports from 9,228 Withdrawal syndrome patients)
On Mar, 27, 2015: 3,819 people reported to have side effects when taking Nuvigil. Among them, 7 people (0.18%) have Withdrawal Syndrome.
Time on Nuvigil when people have Withdrawal syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Withdrawal syndrome||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Withdrawal syndrome when taking Nuvigil * :
|Withdrawal syndrome||28.57%||71.43% |
Age of people who have Withdrawal syndrome when taking Nuvigil * :
|Withdrawal syndrome||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Withdrawal syndrome when taking Nuvigil ** :
How people recovered from Withdrawal syndrome ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (1 people, 14.29%)
- Fatigue (1 people, 14.29%)
- Sleep apnoea syndrome (1 people, 14.29%)
- Back pain (1 people, 14.29%)
- Depression (1 people, 14.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Effexor (1 people, 14.29%)
- Fentanyl-100 (1 people, 14.29%)
- Intuniv (1 people, 14.29%)
- Synthroid (1 people, 14.29%)
- Neurontin (1 people, 14.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of nuvigil and withdrawal syndrome on
Do you have Withdrawal Syndrome while taking Nuvigil?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Nuvigil and have Withdrawal Syndrome
- support group for people who take Nuvigil
- support group for people who have Withdrawal Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Nuvigil for a 42-year old man with Skin Disorder. The patient has Bone And Joint Pain, Abdominal Pain Upper, Back Pain Aggravated
- A study of drug interactions between Nuvigil, Prazosin Hydrochloride, Viagra, Vitamin D, Prednisone, Pravastatin Sodium, Lisinopril, Bystolic, Zolpidem, Vitamin C, Lexapro, Lorazepam, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen for a 68-year old man with Tiredness, Ptsd, Erectile Dysfunction, General Physical Condition, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, High Blood Cholesterol, Blood Pressure Increased, Coronary Artery Disease, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Depression Suicidal, Anxiety Disorder, Chronic Pain. The patient has Tinnitus, Sleep Apnea, Erectile Dysfunction, Elevated Mood, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Coronary Artery Disease, Major Depressive Disorder, Ptsd
- A study of side effects of Nuvigil for a 42-year old man with Sleep Disorder. The patient has Back Pain, Side Pain (a distressing sensation experienced around the lower back and the upper abdomen)
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Certirizine Hydrochloride, Ranitidine, Ortho Tri-cyclen, Fluoxetine, Levothyroxine Sodium, Nuvigil for a 31-year old woman with Anemia, Allergy, Acid Reflux, Pregnancy On Oral Contraceptive, Depression, Hypothyroidism, Narcolepsy. The patient has Paleness, Clammy Skin, Dizziness, Nausea, Hypotension
Recent Nuvigil related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Trazodone Hydrochloride, Topamax, Xanax, Nuvigil, Adderall 30 for a 34-year old woman who has ADHD
- Comparions of Adderall Xr 10, Provigil, Nuvigil for a 53-year old man who has Central Sleep Apnea
- Comparions of Nuvigil, Provigil for a 59-year old man who has Narcolepsy
- Comparions of Nuvigil, Concerta for a 24-year old man who has Narcolepsy
- Comparions of Dexedrine, Strattera, Nuvigil, Daytrana, Adderall 20 for a 49-year old man who has Narcolepsy
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.