Home > Nyquil > Gout > Nyquil and Gout
Review: could Nyquil cause Gout?
Summary: Gout is reported only by a few people who take Nyquil.
We study 749 people who have side effects while taking Nyquil from FDA and social media. Among them, 2 have Gout. Find out below who they are, when they have Gout and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Nyquil and have Gout >>>
Nyquil (latest outcomes from 1,133 users) has active ingredients of acetaminophen; dextromethorphan; doxylamine; pseudoephedrine. It is often used in cough.
Gout (uric acid crystals building up in the body) (latest reports from 12,602 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, pain, diabetes.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 744 people reported to have side effects when taking Nyquil. Among them, 2 people (0.27%) have Gout.
Time on Nyquil when people have Gout * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Gout when taking Nyquil * :
Age of people who have Gout when taking Nyquil * :
Severity of Gout when taking Nyquil ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Gout ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter (1 people, 50.00%)
- Lower cholesterol (1 people, 50.00%)
- Hypertension (1 people, 50.00%)
- Acid reflux (1 people, 50.00%)
- Cold symptoms (1 people, 50.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Asa (1 people, 50.00%)
- Niaspan (1 people, 50.00%)
- Lisinopril (1 people, 50.00%)
- Flecainide acetate (1 people, 50.00%)
- Sertraline (1 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Gout while taking Nyquil?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Nyquil and have Gout
- support group for people who take Nyquil
- support group for people who have Gout
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I take flecainide for af.can i take glucosamine & chondroitin ( msm) to treat back pain
(Asked by a 58 year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Gout, and takes Flecainide Acetate, Allopurinol, Aspirin)
Can I take the flecainide for the AF and the MSM joint formula for back pain without adverse effects
- What would cause a false positive for methadone
(Asked by a 49 year old woman who has High Blood Pressure, Back Pain - Low, and takes Gabapentin, Percocet, Lasix, Clonidine, Isosorbide Dinitrate, Norvasc, Topiramate, Hydrochlorothiazide, Losartan, Metoprolol Tartrate, Motrin, Motrin Migraine Pain, Tylenol, NyQuil)
I am testing positive for methadone that I don't take. what will cause a false positive
- Females on diovan developing gout?
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Gout, High Blood Pressure, and takes Diovan)
I recently suffered a gout attack for the first time in my life. I am 55, female and have no history of this condition in my family.
About a year ago my husband and I moved and my new doctor put me on this medication for pre-hypertension.
I have read mounting evidence that one major side effec ...
- What can i take for gout if i'm on xarelto
(Asked by a 58 year old man who has Diabetes, Gout, and takes Metformin)
I have been on xarelto for 2 months after having a pulmonary embolism. But i have had an attack of gout since that doesn't seem to be going anywhere. I discovered that both voltaren and celebrex which I have taken for gout in the past are not to be taken while on xarelto. So i desperately need to f ...
- Is pepcid ac a trigger for gout
(Asked by a 61 year old man who has Gout, and takes Pepcid Ac)
Last week I started taking a pepcid ac on the fifth day I started to have gout symptoms. Now, a week later, after I stopped using the pepcid ac the gout symptoms are going away.
I want to know is pepcid ac a know trigger for gout. I know aspirin is and I had the same sort of gout symptoms a few ...
More questions for: Nyquil, Gout
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lipitor caused gout attack.
(Posted by a 68 year old man who has Gout, High Collestoral, and takes Lipitor)
My doctor gave me Lipitor to lower my Collestoral (240). Three days later I had lower stomach pains and the beginning of a Gout attack on my foot. I stopped taking the drug after 4 days when the full blown Gout attack came. I had been watching my diet and had not had a Gout attack for two years ( ...
- Ear pain from allopurinol 100mg
(Posted by a 46 year old man who has Gout, and takes Allopurinol)
I have just been prescribed 100mg Allopurinol.
1 a day.
I am in my second day of taking these tablets.
I have begun to get get a sudden pain in my ear.
I have never in all my years have ever had such a pain.
I know the only change that has happened around me is taking these tablets.
I have sto ...
More reviews for: Nyquil, Gout
- A study of side effects of Morphine for a patient with Chronic Pain. The patient has Gout (uric acid crystals building up in the body)
Comments: I had been taking Vicodin for over a year. My dx is chronic thoracic back pain. Stenosis with foraminal encroachment. Built up resistance so they put me on Gabapentin. Bad choice, put severe lesions all over my back. So now I have been on 15mg morphine bid.for one week. I end up in the ER for severe ...
- A study of side effects of Pradaxa for a patient with Stroke. The patient has Gout (uric acid crystals building up in the body)
Comments: My Dad was on allpurinol for gout for years. He was put on Pradaxa 2-5 years ago.
He has had excruciating swelling and inflammation in feet. It starts about 6 p.m. at night. It affects his sleep. Doctors have given him hydrocodone for the pain.
I believe it is gout. He stopped taking it about ...
- A study of drug interactions between Probiotic, Vitamins, Vitamin K, Crestor, Spironolactone for a patient with IBS, Osteoporosis, Bruise, Lower Cholesterol, Alopecia. The patient has Burning Feet Syndrome, Gout
Comments: My endocrinologist /doctor has my fluid intake limited to 48 ounces of liquids per day (all liquids) because my sodium levels were off due to the drug spironolactone , I was taking 200 mg per day but have cut back to 100 mg per day for the last year.
Also my Crestor dosage is 20 mg per day.
- A study of side effects of NyQuil for a patient with Upper Respiratory Tract Congestion. The patient has Rash Generalised (rash on most of body parts)
Comments: Yesterday I took 2 DayQuil capsules at 6 pm and then the recommended dosage of NyQuil syrup at 11:00 pm prior to going to bed. This was my first and only usage of these products in over a year. It should also be mentioned that I finished 7 days of 500 mg of Augmentin BID yesterday morning. I have ne ...
- A study of side effects of Sulfasalazine for a patient with Arthritis - Psoriatic. The patient has Gout (uric acid crystals building up in the body)
Comments: My rheumatologist had me do a Bone scan which showed I had a lot of Inflammation , her exact quote was I lit up like a Christmas Tree, she then prescribed Sulfasalazine for me, at first I was on 500 mg 2 tablets in the morning and 2 at night, then she upped my dosage to 3 in the morning and 3 at nig ...
More related studies for: Nyquil, Gout
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Invokana and Diabetes - Type 1
- Eylea and Xarelto
- Anxiety and Vyvanse
- Rapid Heart Beat and Naproxen
- Has anyone else thought they were having a heart attack?
I am 26, and have been on Vyvanse for about 8 months. I am ... (37 minutes ago)
- Are xarelto and eylea compatible
I get eyelea injections in my eye for wet macular degenera ... (40 minutes ago)
- Can nuvigil (vs adderall) be used simultaneously to help wean off 60mg/day of adderall?
I have been on Adderall 30mg 2x daily for years!! I've had ... (2 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Amitriptyline involuntary eye movements
I've began having sparatic involuntary eye movements a few ... (12 hours ago)
- Hair loss with enbrel
I have been on Enbrel for 4 months and started seeing sign ... (1 day ago)
- Jaw pain and naproxen
Taking naproxen for pain relief of mortons neuromas. 500 m ... (1 day ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Tramadol Hydrochloride And Acetaminophen for a 33-year old woman who has Hip Pain (1 hour ago)
- Hydrochlorothiazide, Aspirin, Albuterol, Lipitor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Metformin for a 54-year old man who has High Blood Pressure, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis, Asthma Late Onset, Hypercholesterolaemia, Heart Attack, Hypertensive Heart Disease, Diabetes (1 hour ago)
- Plan B One-step for a 18-year old girl who has Unprotected Sex (2 hours ago)