Review: could Nyquil cause Hepatitis?
Summary: Hepatitis is found among people who take Nyquil, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Ketek, and have Sinusitis.
We study 750 people who have side effects while taking Nyquil from FDA and social media. Among them, 15 have Hepatitis. Find out below who they are, when they have Hepatitis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Nyquil and have Hepatitis >>>
Nyquil has active ingredients of acetaminophen; dextromethorphan; doxylamine; pseudoephedrine. It is often used in cough. (latest outcomes from Nyquil 1,135 users)
Hepatitis (inflammation of the liver) has been reported by people with hiv infection, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol, rheumatoid arthritis.(latest reports from Hepatitis 19,773 patients)
On Nov, 29, 2014: 749 people reported to have side effects when taking Nyquil. Among them, 15 people (2.00%) have Hepatitis.
Time on Nyquil when people have Hepatitis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Hepatitis when taking Nyquil * :
Age of people who have Hepatitis when taking Nyquil * :
Severity of Hepatitis when taking Nyquil ** :
How people recovered from Hepatitis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Sinusitis (6 people, 40.00%)
- Discomfort (2 people, 13.33%)
- Insomnia (2 people, 13.33%)
- Pulmonary hypertension (2 people, 13.33%)
- Bronchitis (2 people, 13.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ketek (12 people, 80.00%)
- Tylenol (8 people, 53.33%)
- Acetaminophen (8 people, 53.33%)
- Cyclobenzaprine hcl (6 people, 40.00%)
- Promethazine (6 people, 40.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hepatitis while taking Nyquil?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Nyquil and have Hepatitis
- support group for people who take Nyquil
- support group for people who have Hepatitis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What would cause a false positive for methadone (1 answer)
(Asked by a 49 year old woman who has High Blood Pressure, Back Pain - Low, and takes Gabapentin, Percocet, Lasix, Clonidine, Isosorbide Dinitrate, Norvasc, Topiramate, Hydrochlorothiazide, Losartan, Metoprolol Tartrate, Motrin, Motrin Migraine Pain, Tylenol, NyQuil)
I am testing positive for methadone that I don't take. what will cause a false positive
- I took too much nyquil and my heart rate has raised. how long does this last? (2 answers)
(Asked by a 20 year old woman who has Depressed Mood, Anxiety And Stress, and takes NyQuil, Unisom)
My boyfriend of two years and I broke up. I freak out took quite a bit of nyquil to sleep and also one Unison sleeping pill. This was around six PM. I also hadn't slept AT ALL the night before. Then at ten pm he shows up with friends and family to help him move his stuff out. I freaked out even wors ...
- I had blepharoplasty this morning. can i take nyquil tonight
(Asked by a 37 year old woman who takes Nyquil)
More questions for: Nyquil, Hepatitis
More reviews for: Nyquil, Hepatitis
- A study of side effects of NyQuil for a patient with Upper Respiratory Tract Congestion. The patient has Rash Generalised (rash on most of body parts)
Comments: Yesterday I took 2 DayQuil capsules at 6 pm and then the recommended dosage of NyQuil syrup at 11:00 pm prior to going to bed. This was my first and only usage of these products in over a year. It should also be mentioned that I finished 7 days of 500 mg of Augmentin BID yesterday morning. I have ne ...
- A study of drug interactions between NyQuil, Amoxicillin, Zithromax, Promethazine Hydrochloride And Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide for a patient with Congestion, Infection - Inner Ear, Bronchitis, Nasal Congestion. The patient has Agitation Aggravated, Mania Aggravated, Insomnia Exacerbated
Comments: I got sick w/ bronchitis April 1. Doctors advised to take Musinex DM every 4 hours and Nyquil at night. I did this for 2 weeks with little imrpovement. I went back to doctor and was given zithromax (z-pack) and the next week I was given amoxicillian. My symptoms did not improve; I could not sleep an ...
- A study of drug interactions between Cymbalta, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Zopiclone, Rabeprazole, Indomethacin, Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3, Morphine Sulfate, Gravol, Robaxisal, NyQuil for a patient with Migraine, Chronic Insomnia, Acid Reflux, Chronic Migraine, Nausea And Vomiting Due To Migraine, Back Pain, Flu, Common Cold. The patient has
Comments: Drugs are not all taken on a daily basis oth than cymbalta, chronic migraine prevent, and trazodone and zopiclone at night. The rest are on an as needed basis. Like morphine only as last resort for migraine rescue, and robax only when back pain with out migraine, also nyquil only when needed during ...
- A study of drug interactions between NyQuil, Lidocaine Viscous for a patient with Mononucleosis Syndrome, Throat - Sore. The patient has Rash
Comments: My son took 2 doses of nyquil yesterday 6 hours apart and woke up with a severe rash. He was diagnosed with Mononucleosis 7 days ago.....he's been very congested, with a sore throat....and the nyquil helped (he actually feels moderately better today...probably because he was able to sleep all night ...
- A study of side effects of NyQuil for a patient with Runny Nose. The patient has Nyquil
Comments: I had previously used Dayquil with no problems. I used Nyquil one night and woke up one hour later with an insane compulsion to jump out the window. My mind was racing and I awoke my husband, requesting that he stay awake with me until the symptoms passed. I had never before experienced depressi ...
More related studies for: Nyquil, Hepatitis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.