Nystatin and Enlarged spleen - from FDA reports
Enlarged spleen is found among people who take Nystatin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Lasix, and have Multiple myeloma. This review analyzes which people have Enlarged spleen with Nystatin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 14,609 people who have side effects when taking Nystatin from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 20, 2017
14,609 people reported to have side effects when taking Nystatin.
Among them, 47 people (0.32%) have Enlarged spleen
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Nystatin when people have Enlarged spleen *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 100 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Enlarged spleen when taking Nystatin *:
- female: 80 %
- male: 20 %
Age of people who have Enlarged spleen when taking Nystatin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 8.57 %
- 10-19: 8.57 %
- 20-29: 2.86 %
- 30-39: 8.57 %
- 40-49: 25.71 %
- 50-59: 8.57 %
- 60+: 37.14 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (9 people, 19.15%)
- Pain (8 people, 17.02%)
- Acute Myeloid Leukaemia (4 people, 8.51%)
- Nausea (3 people, 6.38%)
- Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia (all) (3 people, 6.38%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix (12 people, 25.53%)
- Bactrim (11 people, 23.40%)
- Zantac (10 people, 21.28%)
- Ranitidine (10 people, 21.28%)
- Colace (10 people, 21.28%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pleural Effusion (16 people, 34.04%)
- Deep Venous Thrombosis (14 people, 29.79%)
- Atelectasis (14 people, 29.79%)
- Ascites (14 people, 29.79%)
- Breathing Difficulty (13 people, 27.66%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Enlarged spleen when taking Nystatin?
- Check symptoms - is enlarged spleen caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsEnlarged spleen and drugs with ingredients of nystatin.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeEnlarged spleen and Nystatin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Nystatin has active ingredients of nystatin. It is often used in thrush. (latest outcomes from Nystatin 14,903 users)
Enlarged spleen has been reported by people with primary myelofibrosis, rheumatoid arthritis, chronic myeloid leukaemia, hiv infection, high blood pressure (latest reports from 9,022 Enlarged spleen patients).
Browse all side effects of Nystatina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Enlarged spleenEnlarged spleen
Could your condition cause Enlarged spleenEnlarged spleen
What would happen?
User reviews to the study
After taking Gabapentin, I have enlarged spleen and enlarged gall bladder. I titrated down & have been totally off Gabapentin for 1 1/2 months. Spleen is more in pain from being enlarged. Constant burning & itching everywhere on body. Epson salts baths do not help. Have these systems gone away ...