Review: could Nystatin cause Nasal polyps?
Summary: Nasal polyps is reported only by a few people who take Nystatin.
We study 8,920 people who have side effects while taking Nystatin from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, when they have Nasal polyps and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Nystatin and have Nasal polyps >>>
Nystatin has active ingredients of nystatin. It is often used in thrush. (latest outcomes from 9,099 Nystatin users)
Nasal polyps (masses that develop in the lining of the nose) has been reported by people with asthma, osteoporosis, osteopenia, high blood pressure, depression. (latest reports from 770 Nasal polyps patients)
On Mar, 2, 2015: 8,920 people reported to have side effects when taking Nystatin. Among them, 1 people (0.01%) has Nasal Polyps.
Time on Nystatin when people have Nasal polyps * :
Age of people who have Nasal polyps when taking Nystatin * :
|Nasal polyps||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Severity of Nasal polyps when taking Nystatin ** :
How people recovered from Nasal polyps ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Asthma (1 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Trileptal (1 people, 100.00%)
- Diazepam (1 people, 100.00%)
- Simvastatin (1 people, 100.00%)
- Effexor (1 people, 100.00%)
- Furosemide (1 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Nasal Polyps while taking Nystatin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Nystatin and have Nasal Polyps
- support group for people who take Nystatin
- support group for people who have Nasal Polyps
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Nystatin for a 38-year old woman with Oral Thrush. The patient has Fever Blister (intraoral hsv stomatitis)
- A study of side effects of Nystatin for a 53-year old man with Candida Infection - Esophagus. The patient has Skin Discoloration - Bluish (bluish colour of skin)
- A study of side effects of Nystatin for a 1-year old girl with Thrush. The patient has Seizure (abnormal excessive or synchronous neuronal activity in the brain)
- A study of side effects of Nystatin for a 25-year old man with Oral Candidiasis. The patient has Fever
- A study of drug interactions between Norvasc, Calcium Carbonate, Famotidine And Magnesium Hydroxide, Celexa, Clozapine, Lotrimin, Enalapril Maleate, Simvastatin, Lovenox, Albuterol, Lorazepam, Meropenem, Nystatin, Zofran, Oxytocin, Quetiapine Fumarate, Vancomycin Hydrochloride for a 69-year old man with Hypertension, Unknown, Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Bedridden, Lung Disorder, Oral Thrush, Pain, Psychosis, Pneumonia Streptococcal. The patient has Weakness, Agitation, Delusions, Mixed
Recent Nystatin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.