Review: could Olanzapine cause Deep vein thrombosis (Deep venous thrombosis)?
Summary: Deep vein thrombosis is found among people who take Olanzapine, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Spiriva, and have Schizophrenia.
We study 11,962 people who have side effects while taking Olanzapine from FDA and social media. Among them, 110 have Deep vein thrombosis. Find out below who they are, when they have Deep vein thrombosis and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Olanzapine and have Deep vein thrombosis >>>
Olanzapine has active ingredients of olanzapine. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 12,166 Olanzapine users)
Deep vein thrombosis
Deep vein thrombosis (blood clot in a major vein that usually develops in the legs and/or pelvis) has been reported by people with birth control, pain, multiple myeloma, premenstrual syndrome, acne. (latest reports from 43,399 Deep vein thrombosis patients)
On Mar, 3, 2015: 11,962 people reported to have side effects when taking Olanzapine. Among them, 110 people (0.92%) have Deep Vein Thrombosis.
Time on Olanzapine when people have Deep vein thrombosis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Deep vein thrombosis||14.29%||42.86%||0.00%||21.43%||0.00%||0.00%||21.43% |
Gender of people who have Deep vein thrombosis when taking Olanzapine * :
|Deep vein thrombosis||31.67%||68.33% |
Age of people who have Deep vein thrombosis when taking Olanzapine * :
|Deep vein thrombosis||0.00%||0.00%||2.00%||16.00%||17.00%||17.00%||16.00%||32.00% |
Severity of Deep vein thrombosis when taking Olanzapine ** :
How people recovered from Deep vein thrombosis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Schizophrenia (21 people, 19.09%)
- Depression (18 people, 16.36%)
- Psychotic disorder (9 people, 8.18%)
- Schizoaffective disorder (6 people, 5.45%)
- Pain (5 people, 4.55%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Spiriva (19 people, 17.27%)
- Revlimid (14 people, 12.73%)
- Nystatin (14 people, 12.73%)
- Albuterol (13 people, 11.82%)
- Lorazepam (13 people, 11.82%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Deep Vein Thrombosis while taking Olanzapine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Olanzapine and have Deep Vein Thrombosis
- support group for people who take Olanzapine
- support group for people who have Deep Vein Thrombosis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Xarelto, Fentanyl-100 for a 49-year old man with Pe, Chronic Pain. The patient has Deep Vein Thrombosis, Chronic Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Flomax, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Linzess, Miralax, Anturol, Olanzapine, Zetia, Nexium, Depakote, Benztropine Mesylate for a 40-year old man with Nocturia, Aggression, Constipation, Schizophrenia, Hyperlipidemia, Gerd, Bipolar Disorder, Medication Side Effects. The patient has Agap Low, Eosinophilia, Mental Status Tests, Leaning Left When Walking, Nocturia
- A study of side effects of Zyprexa for a 33-year old woman with Schizophrenia, Undifferentiated Type. The patient has Paranoia (psychotic disorder characterized by delusions of persecution with or without grandeur)
- A study of drug interactions between Olanzapine, Lithium Carbonate for a 27-year old woman with Mood Stabilizer, Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Pancreatitis Acute, Laurazapan
- A study of drug interactions between Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Lyrica, Zyprexa, Hydroxyurea for a 34-year old man with Sleep Disorder, Nerve Pain, Schizophrenia, Sickle Cell Anaemia With Crisis. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction
Recent Olanzapine related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Olanzapine, Clozapine for a 18-year old boy who has Stem Cell Research
- Comparions of Zyprexa, Lamictal, Lexapro, Prozac, Mirtazapine for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
- Comparions of Norco, Olanzapine for a 95-year old man who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Olanzapine, Alprazolam for a 37-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Clozaril, Seroquel, Zyprexa, Abilify, Risperidone for a 44-year old woman who has Schizophrenia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.