Home > Olanzapine > Marijuana abuse > Olanzapine and Marijuana abuse
Review: could Olanzapine cause Marijuana abuse (Drug abuse)?
Summary: Marijuana abuse is found among people who take Olanzapine, especially for people who are male, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Quetiapine, and have Schizophrenia.
We study 11,949 people who have side effects while taking Olanzapine from FDA and social media. Among them, 62 have Marijuana abuse. Find out below who they are, when they have Marijuana abuse and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Olanzapine and have Marijuana abuse >>>
Olanzapine (latest outcomes from 12,155 users) has active ingredients of olanzapine. It is often used in bipolar disorder.
Marijuana abuse (latest reports from 45,692 patients) has been reported by people with drug abuse and dependence, pain, depression, back pain, stress and anxiety.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 11,944 people reported to have side effects when taking Olanzapine. Among them, 62 people (0.52%) have Marijuana Abuse.
Time on Olanzapine when people have Marijuana abuse * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Marijuana abuse||64.29%||21.43%||0.00%||0.00%||14.29%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Marijuana abuse when taking Olanzapine * :
|Marijuana abuse||40.26%||59.74% |
Age of people who have Marijuana abuse when taking Olanzapine * :
|Marijuana abuse||0.00%||0.00%||11.27%||15.49%||45.07%||16.90%||2.82%||8.45% |
Severity of Marijuana abuse when taking Olanzapine ** :
How people recovered from Marijuana abuse ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Schizophrenia (16 people, 25.81%)
- Bipolar disorder (9 people, 14.52%)
- Mania (9 people, 14.52%)
- Tremor (8 people, 12.90%)
- Ill-defined disorder (7 people, 11.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Quetiapine (13 people, 20.97%)
- Risperdal (9 people, 14.52%)
- Propranolol (8 people, 12.90%)
- Lithium (8 people, 12.90%)
- Unspecified psychiatric medication (7 people, 11.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Marijuana Abuse while taking Olanzapine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Olanzapine and have Marijuana Abuse
- support group for people who take Olanzapine
- support group for people who have Marijuana Abuse
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is clozapine simular to suboxen
(Asked by a 43 year old man who has Heroin Abuse)
I am withdrawing from heroin and im out of suboxen will clozapine work simularly , will it help at all or hurt
- Can anyone tell me what is going on with my teeth?they are decaying and cracking at warp speed?i've been taking zyprexa,solian,cymbalta....
(Asked by a 31 year old woman who has Tooth Loss, and takes Zyprexa )
I live in Eastern Europe,and the level of psychiatric treatmeant is low.They proscribe a drug for everything.
- Has anybody had multi lobar pneumonia from reaction to methotrexate?
(Asked by a 57 year old woman who has Migraine Without Aura, Anxiety And Stress, Major Depression With Psychotic Features, Bilateral Multilobar Pneumonia, Ankylosing Spondylitis, and takes Zyprexa, Methotrexate)
Bilateral multilobar pneumonia - rheumatologist considers it was caused by a reaction to methotrexate I was taking for ankylosing spondylitis and I was lucky to survive. Anyone have this and later shown to have scarring of the lungs?
- Is taking 1.5 or 2 mg lorazepam while on suboxone dangerous, suboxone is being used for opaite dependence and pain and lorazepam is used for anxiety
(Asked by a 40 year old man who has Narcotic Abuse, and takes Lorazepam)
I am taking about 20 to 22 MG of suboxone a day but I also take 2 mg of Lorazepam a day for anxiety, is it dangerous to do so. I do not exceed the doses mentioned at all.
- Is there a link between zyprexa and prostate cancer
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Schizophrenia, High Blood Pressure, Depression, Enlarged Prostate, Weight Gain - Unintentional, and takes Fluvoxamine Maleate, Zyprexa Zydis, Micardis)
Can Zyprexa have caused my Prostate Cancer? Can it be reversed or slowed by stopping Zyprexa?
More questions for: Olanzapine, Marijuana abuse
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- I have less pain from my trigeminal neuralgia when i'm manic.
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Bipolar 1 And Trigeminal Neuralgia, and takes Trileptal, Zyprexa)
Has anyone had a relief of pain when they are manic?
- Olanzepine withdrawal
(Posted by a 61 year old man who has Depression, and takes Adderall, Cymbalta, Zyprexa)
Has been taking Zyprexa 2.5-5mg daily for 10 yrs.Developed metabolic syndrome and subsequently diabetes after 3 years on zyprexa.Has since tried multiple times but unsuccessfully to discontinue zyprexa.Apparent withdrawal sxs include severely depressed moods ,inability to get out of bed,severe weakn ...
More reviews for: Olanzapine, Marijuana abuse
- A study of side effects of Zyprexa for a patient with Drug Ineffective. The patient has Lexapro
Comments: life stibnks it didnt work as well as i hoped in fact feel like im going insane everyday
- A study of drug interactions between Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Tamsulosin, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Methadone Hydrochloride Intensol for a patient with Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Prostate Examination Abnormal, Thyroid Disorder, Heroin Abuse. The patient has Low Thyroid, Heroin Abuse
Comments: have been on this drug since early 70"s. have not used since 1989. stayed on methadone for my security.
- A study of side effects of Zyprexa for a patient with Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type. The patient has Hallucinations (sensations that appear real but are created by your mind)
Comments: zyprexa 5mg. worked very well. olanzapine does not work at all
- A study of drug interactions between Androgel, Actonel, Fish Oil, Magnesium, Zyprexa, Trazodone Hydrochloride, PRISTIQ, Uloric, Lisinopril, Zonegran for a patient with Blood Testosterone Increased, Osteopenia, High Blood Cholesterol, Migraine Without Aura, Depression, Gout - Chronic. The patient has Ligament Injury
Comments: Could be coincidence, since I have been on this list I have required surgery to repair the Scapho-lunate ligament in my wrist and now I have a hernia on my right side. Are any of these meds contributors?
- A study of drug interactions between Methamphetamine Hydrochloride, Strattera, Ritalin, Phentermine, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Zorvolex, Olanzapine, Seroquel Xr, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Perindopril Erbumine, Lamotrigine, Mirtazapine for a patient with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Obesity, Insomnia, Arthritis, Generalised Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Bipolar 1, Major Depressive Disorder, Tachycardia, Sleeplessness, Diabetes, Obesity, Attention Deficit/hyperactivity Disorder, Insomnia, Generalised Anxiety Disorder
Comments: i'm pretty much the most comlex case 4 psychiatrists, 3 psychologists, a nuero scientist/adult mood disorder specialised doctor, 3 gp's, 2 naturopaths and an adhd specialist have ever come accross. i'm basically a pharmacy on legs with over 32types of medications tried in 13 months including those i ...
More related studies for: Olanzapine, Marijuana abuse
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.