Review: could Olanzapine cause Marijuana abuse (Drug abuse)?
Summary: Marijuana abuse is found among people who take Olanzapine, especially for people who are male, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Quetiapine, and have Schizophrenia.
We study 11,962 people who have side effects while taking Olanzapine from FDA and social media. Among them, 62 have Marijuana abuse. Find out below who they are, when they have Marijuana abuse and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Olanzapine and have Marijuana abuse >>>
Olanzapine has active ingredients of olanzapine. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 12,166 Olanzapine users)
Marijuana abuse has been reported by people with drug abuse and dependence, pain, depression, back pain, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 10,560 Marijuana abuse patients)
On Apr, 2, 2015: 11,962 people reported to have side effects when taking Olanzapine. Among them, 62 people (0.52%) have Marijuana Abuse.
Time on Olanzapine when people have Marijuana abuse * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Marijuana abuse||64.29%||21.43%||0.00%||0.00%||14.29%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Marijuana abuse when taking Olanzapine * :
|Marijuana abuse||40.26%||59.74% |
Age of people who have Marijuana abuse when taking Olanzapine * :
|Marijuana abuse||0.00%||0.00%||11.27%||15.49%||45.07%||16.90%||2.82%||8.45% |
Severity of Marijuana abuse when taking Olanzapine ** :
How people recovered from Marijuana abuse ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Schizophrenia (16 people, 25.81%)
- Bipolar disorder (9 people, 14.52%)
- Mania (9 people, 14.52%)
- Tremor (8 people, 12.90%)
- Ill-defined disorder (7 people, 11.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Quetiapine (13 people, 20.97%)
- Risperdal (9 people, 14.52%)
- Propranolol (8 people, 12.90%)
- Lithium (8 people, 12.90%)
- Unspecified psychiatric medication (7 people, 11.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of olanzapine and marijuana abuse on
Do you have Marijuana Abuse while taking Olanzapine?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Olanzapine and have Marijuana Abuse
- support group for people who take Olanzapine
- support group for people who have Marijuana Abuse
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Seroquel, Remeron, Lexapro, Klonopin, Fluoxetine, Effexor Xr, Topamax, Risperdal, Restoril, Depakote, Adderall, Abilify, Zoloft, Xanax, Zyprexa, Geodon for a 44-year old woman with Depression, Migraine With Aura, Dpression, Sleep Disorder, Add, Depression - Chronic, Anxiety Disorder.
- A study of drug interactions between Flomax, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Linzess, Miralax, Anturol, Olanzapine, Zetia, Nexium, Depakote, Benztropine Mesylate for a 40-year old man with Nocturia, Aggression, Constipation, Schizophrenia, Hyperlipidemia, Gerd, Bipolar Disorder, Medication Side Effects. The patient has Agap Low, Eosinophilia, Mental Status Tests, Leaning Left When Walking, Nocturia
- A study of side effects of Zyprexa for a 33-year old woman with Schizophrenia, Undifferentiated Type. The patient has Paranoia
- A study of side effects of Cocaine Plant for a 26-year old man with Cocaine Abuse. The patient has Cocaine Abuse
- A study of drug interactions between Olanzapine, Lithium Carbonate for a 27-year old woman with Mood Stabilizer, Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Pancreatitis Acute, Laurazapan
Recent Olanzapine related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Trazodone Hydrochloride, Olanzapine, Depakote Er for a 22-year old man who has Bipolar 2
- Comparions of Neurontin, Zyprexa, Wellbutrin Xl, Latuda, Risperidone for a 38-year old man who has Schizoaffective Disorder
- Comparions of Olanzapine, Clozapine for a 18-year old boy who has Stem Cell Research
- Comparions of Zyprexa, Lamictal, Lexapro, Prozac, Mirtazapine for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
- Comparions of Norco, Olanzapine for a 95-year old man who has Anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.