Review: could Olanzapine cause Muscle twitching?
Summary: Muscle twitching is found among people who take Olanzapine, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lorazepam, and have Schizophrenia.
We study 11,962 people who have side effects while taking Olanzapine from FDA and social media. Among them, 33 have Muscle twitching. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle twitching and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Olanzapine and have Muscle twitching >>>
Olanzapine has active ingredients of olanzapine. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 12,166 Olanzapine users)
Muscle twitching has been reported by people with depression, pain, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 11,067 Muscle twitching patients)
On Mar, 5, 2015: 11,962 people reported to have side effects when taking Olanzapine. Among them, 33 people (0.28%) have Muscle Twitching.
Time on Olanzapine when people have Muscle twitching * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle twitching||50.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Muscle twitching when taking Olanzapine * :
|Muscle twitching||61.76%||38.24% |
Age of people who have Muscle twitching when taking Olanzapine * :
|Muscle twitching||0.00%||0.00%||3.12%||21.88%||3.12%||31.25%||0.00%||40.62% |
Severity of Muscle twitching when taking Olanzapine ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle twitching||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Muscle twitching ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Schizophrenia (7 people, 21.21%)
- Hypothyroidism (5 people, 15.15%)
- Asthma (5 people, 15.15%)
- Oesophagitis (5 people, 15.15%)
- Cataplexy (4 people, 12.12%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lorazepam (11 people, 33.33%)
- Clonazepam (6 people, 18.18%)
- Clozapine (6 people, 18.18%)
- Vagifem (5 people, 15.15%)
- Diflucan (5 people, 15.15%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Muscle Twitching while taking Olanzapine?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Olanzapine and have Muscle Twitching
- support group for people who take Olanzapine
- support group for people who have Muscle Twitching
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Flomax, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Linzess, Miralax, Anturol, Olanzapine, Zetia, Nexium, Depakote, Benztropine Mesylate for a 40-year old man with Nocturia, Aggression, Constipation, Schizophrenia, Hyperlipidemia, Gerd, Bipolar Disorder, Medication Side Effects. The patient has Agap Low, Eosinophilia, Mental Status Tests, Leaning Left When Walking, Nocturia
- A study of drug interactions between Diflucan, Lexapro for a 45-year old woman with Yeast Infection - Vagina, Anxiety. The patient has Muscle Twitching
- A study of drug interactions between Ativan, Wellbutrin Sr, Singulair, Celebrex, Claritin for a 44-year old woman with Separation Anxiety, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Asthma, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis, Allergies. The patient has Muscle Stiffness, Peripheral, Muscle Twitching, Pulse, Sleeping Difficulty, Weight Loss, Anxiety, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness
- A study of side effects of Tramadol for a 18-year old girl with Pain. The patient has Muscle Twitching
- A study of side effects of Zyprexa for a 33-year old woman with Schizophrenia, Undifferentiated Type. The patient has Paranoia
Recent Olanzapine related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Olanzapine, Clozapine for a 18-year old boy who has Stem Cell Research
- Comparions of Zyprexa, Lamictal, Lexapro, Prozac, Mirtazapine for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
- Comparions of Norco, Olanzapine for a 95-year old man who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Olanzapine, Alprazolam for a 37-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Clozaril, Seroquel, Zyprexa, Abilify, Risperidone for a 44-year old woman who has Schizophrenia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.