Olanzapine and Prescribed overdose - from FDA reports
Prescribed overdose is found among people who take Olanzapine, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Abilify, and have Schizophrenia. This review analyzes which people have Prescribed overdose with Olanzapine. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 22,274 people who have side effects when taking Olanzapine from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 24, 2017
22,274 people reported to have side effects when taking Olanzapine.
Among them, 134 people (0.6%) have Prescribed overdose
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Olanzapine when people have Prescribed overdose *:
- < 1 month: 51.43 %
- 1 - 6 months: 22.86 %
- 6 - 12 months: 8.57 %
- 1 - 2 years: 2.86 %
- 2 - 5 years: 11.43 %
- 5 - 10 years: 2.86 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Prescribed overdose when taking Olanzapine *:
- female: 42.37 %
- male: 57.63 %
Age of people who have Prescribed overdose when taking Olanzapine *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 5.1 %
- 20-29: 13.27 %
- 30-39: 17.35 %
- 40-49: 36.73 %
- 50-59: 14.29 %
- 60+: 13.27 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Schizophrenia (39 people, 29.10%)
- Mania (16 people, 11.94%)
- Psychotic Disorder (11 people, 8.21%)
- Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type (5 people, 3.73%)
- Affective Disorder (4 people, 2.99%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Abilify (12 people, 8.96%)
- Zyprexa Relprevv (9 people, 6.72%)
- Depakote (8 people, 5.97%)
- Zyprexa (7 people, 5.22%)
- Lithium Carbonate (6 people, 4.48%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Agranulocytosis (17 people, 12.69%)
- Drowsiness (14 people, 10.45%)
- Psychotic Disorder (12 people, 8.96%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (12 people, 8.96%)
- Weight Increased (11 people, 8.21%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Prescribed overdose when taking Olanzapine?
- Check symptoms - is prescribed overdose caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsPrescribed overdose and drugs with ingredients of olanzapine.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMePrescribed overdose and Olanzapine from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Olanzapine has active ingredients of olanzapine. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from Olanzapine 22,722 users)
Prescribed overdose has been reported by people with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, depression, schizophrenia, pain, preventive health care (latest reports from 8,126 Prescribed overdose patients).
Browse all side effects of Olanzapinea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Prescribed overdosePrescribed overdose
Could your condition cause Prescribed overdosePrescribed overdose
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I have been taking 2.5mg Olanzapine for 6 weeks for Borderline Personality Disorder added to 100mg Trazodone I was already taking. At first it made me feel a lot better. Improved mood swings and thoughts of cutting myself and suicide. But in the past 1 or 2 weeks the thoughts of self harm have ...
Hello,I'm Silvia Ramakers and i live in the netherlands. I have Gorlin probably since i was about 15 (diagnosed at older age,i'm almost 50 now btw). Had many BCC's through the years. But why i'm writing (and i hope anybody can help because i'm desperate) is that since a while i have more and ...
User reviews to the study
yes i took olanzapine then within less than a year i got hyperthyroidism. my doctor doesn't know of which type it is. i wonder which type of hyperyhyroidism is predominent. can the same factor that caused the olanzapine taking is causing hyperthyroid ? then olanzapine and hyperthyroid ...
New to this medication combination and am worried as to the interaction of the two as my olanzapine is increased over the next month. Any help or guidance would be a great help as I try to understand what is through meds and what is through my disorders. Kind regards Daniel B Simpson