Review: could Omega 3 cause Restless leg syndrome?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 1, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.0/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 278 people who take Omega 3. Among them, 4 have Restless leg syndrome. See who they are, when they have Restless leg syndrome and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Omega 3 (latest outcomes from 349 users) has active ingredients of fish oil. It is often used in vitamin supplementation, general physical condition abnormal. Commonly reported side effects of Omega 3 include dizziness, fatigue aggravated, fatigue, weakness, breathing difficulty.
Restless leg syndrome
Restless leg syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs) (latest reports from 66,301 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, depression, high blood pressure, pain, stress and anxiety.
On Feb, 18, 2014: 268 people reported to have side effects when taking Omega 3. Among them, 4 people (1.49%) have Restless Leg Syndrome.
Time on Omega 3 when people have Restless leg syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Restless leg syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Restless leg syndrome when taking Omega 3 * :
|Restless leg syndrome||50.00%||50.00% |
Age of people who have Restless leg syndrome when taking Omega 3 * :
|Restless leg syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Restless leg syndrome when taking Omega 3 ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Restless leg syndrome||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Restless leg syndrome ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Restless leg syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (3 people, 75.00%)
- Sciatica (2 people, 50.00%)
- Arthritis (2 people, 50.00%)
- Restless legs syndrome (2 people, 50.00%)
- Arthralgia (2 people, 50.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Labetalol hydrochloride (2 people, 50.00%)
- Acetylsalicylic acid (2 people, 50.00%)
- Potassium chloride (2 people, 50.00%)
- Prednisone (2 people, 50.00%)
- Lyrica (2 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Omega 3, Restless leg syndrome
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Omega 3 (fish oil) is often used for vitamin supplementation. Find out below the conditions Omega 3 is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Omega 3 used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Omega 3 side effects from A to Z:
Browse Omega 3 drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (5 months ago):
Started 3 days ago. The second night of Saphris and Lithium. Doesn't occur during the day, which leads me to believe that the Saphris is the cause, because I take the Lithium morning and night.
From this study (2 years ago):
Restless Legs and Panic Attacks are sometimes still there even whild on medication. Migraine can only most of the time be stopped with a nubane shot. Preventative migraine medicines are not a help. I cannot take cortizone shots as it raises my blood sugar levels.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Has anyone have restless syndrom after taking keppra
I was diagnosed with restless leg syndrome after taking keppra. My condition is serve, luckily I was in the hospital when I had my episode. I was on camera for observation of partial seizure when this happened on my second day in the hospital. Has one had a severely bad episode. I became hysterical ...
- Penis is not sensitive. difficult to ejaculate, little, sometimes, no semen produced
I have no problem getting an erection; however, I seem to "lose interest" and full erection shortly after I penetrate. Viagra, etc. have not helped with this. As noted above, my penis is less sensitive and requires a lot of friction for me to ejaculate. Amount of ejaculate greatly reduced. I am look ...
- Any success in treating symptoms of pmdd with wild yam root
Hi All. A little over a year and a half ago, I was dx with Pre Menstrual Dysphoric Disorder (PMDD)and was prescribed YASMIN (YAZ) to treat the severe mood changes and suicidal thoughts I was getting 2 weeks out of every 4. The YASMIN worked brilliantly for 9 months and all the PMDD symptoms vanished ...
More questions for: Omega 3, Restless leg syndrome
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Health issues and struggles
I have numerous health issues. Some I've lived with not realizing they were there. Others are caused by meds I've taken in the past or am still using now.
Lupus is the most recent and biggest trouble I have right now. It is caused by the one drug that finally gave me control of my seizures
Some o ...
- Cymbalta and pulmonary embolisms
I started taking Cymbalta in August for pain. By September I was suffering from shortness of breath. Visited Doctors asking if Cymbalta could be the cause. Answer was no. By the end of September I was no longer taking Cymbalta but still suffering from shortness of breath. It was getting severe a ...
- Anaphylactic shock from fish oil
Yes I went into Anaphylactic shock after taking fish oil. It was just a matter of a few minutes when my hands and feet started itching and then my throat closed up. I could not breathe and 911 was called. I spent 4 nights in the hospital, the first 24 hours vomiting and loose bowels. It was the ...
More reviews for: Omega 3, Restless leg syndrome
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Oxycontin, Whey Protein, Inomax, Fish Oil, CoQ10, Cymbalta, Xanax, Lithium Carbonate, Saphris for a patient with Spinal Column Stenosis, Muscle Building Therapy, General Physical Condition, Depression, Intermittent Explosive Disorder, Schizoid Personality Disorder. The patient has Restless Leg Syndrome
- A study of drug interactions between Alprazolam, Nadolol, Acetaminophen And Codeine Phosphate, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Lantus, Fluticasone Propionate, Vitamin D, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Fish Oil for a patient with Stress And Anxiety, High Blood Pressure, Restless Leg Syndrome, Depressed Mood, Diabetic Complication, Allergic Sinusitis, Immune Enhancement Therapy, Memory Aids, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides. The patient has Fatigue, Migraine With Aura, Skin Candida, Restless Legs Syndrome (Restless leg syndrome), Panic Attack (Panic disorder), Memory Impairment (Memory loss), Tendonitis, Chest Pain, Muscle Twitching
More related studies for: Omega 3, Restless leg syndrome
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.