Review: could Omega 3 cause Restless leg syndrome?
Summary: Restless leg syndrome is reported only by a few people who take Omega 3.
We study 292 people who have side effects while taking Omega 3 from FDA and social media. Among them, 4 have Restless leg syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Restless leg syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Omega 3 and have Restless leg syndrome >>>
Omega 3 has active ingredients of fish oil. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 393 Omega 3 users)
Restless leg syndrome
Restless leg syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 17,498 Restless leg syndrome patients)
On Mar, 22, 2015: 292 people reported to have side effects when taking Omega 3. Among them, 4 people (1.37%) have Restless Leg Syndrome.
Time on Omega 3 when people have Restless leg syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Restless leg syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Restless leg syndrome when taking Omega 3 * :
|Restless leg syndrome||50.00%||50.00% |
Age of people who have Restless leg syndrome when taking Omega 3 * :
|Restless leg syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Restless leg syndrome when taking Omega 3 ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Restless leg syndrome||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Restless leg syndrome ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Restless leg syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (3 people, 75.00%)
- Sciatica (2 people, 50.00%)
- Arthritis (2 people, 50.00%)
- Restless legs syndrome (2 people, 50.00%)
- Arthralgia (2 people, 50.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Acetylsalicylic acid (2 people, 50.00%)
- Potassium chloride (2 people, 50.00%)
- Prednisone (2 people, 50.00%)
- Omega 3 plus d3 fish oil (2 people, 50.00%)
- Labetalol hydrochloride (2 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Restless Leg Syndrome while taking Omega 3?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Omega 3 and have Restless Leg Syndrome
- support group for people who take Omega 3
- support group for people who have Restless Leg Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Biotin, Multivitamin, Tri-linyah, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Celexa, Adderall 30 for a 31-year old woman with Enteral Nutrition, Birth Control, Hypertension, Ocd, Adhd. The patient has Muscle Twitching, Restless Legs Syndrome
- A study of drug interactions between Acetaminophen And Hydrocodone Bitartrate, Fish Oil, Vitamin D, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Levothyroxine Sodium, Victoza, Lantus Solostar for a 52-year old woman with Sciatica, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Vitamin D Decreased, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Thyroid Mass, Diabetes Mellitus. The patient has Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling, Ankle Pain, Low Back Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Cranberry Extract, Calcium, Vitamin D, Iron EDTA, Fish Oil, Vitamin B12, Zimovane, Crestor, XANAX, Paxil for a 69-year old woman with UTI - Chronic Or Recurrent, Leg Pain, Anemia, Good For You, Liver Fibrosis, Sleepy, High Blood Cholesterol, Anxiety, Depression. The patient has Vitamin B12 Increased, Iron Deficiency Anaemia, Sore Right Hip, Numbness And Tingling, Right-sided Heart Failure, Back Pain, Back Pain - Low, Abdominal Pain Lower, Blood Urine
- A study of side effects of Concerta for a 32-year old woman with ADHD. The patient has Restless Legs Syndrome
- A study of drug interactions between Coenzyme Q10, Fish Oil, Carisoprodol, Lunesta, Crestor for a 56-year old man with Health, Muscle Aches, Sleepy, Cholestasis. The patient has Facial Flushing About Once A Day - Very Red
Recent Omega 3 related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Ashwagandha, Fish Oil for a 40-year old woman who has Heart Attack
- Comparions of Macrobid, Fish Oil for a 25-year old woman who has Antibiotic Level
- Comparions of Fish Oil, Concerta, Intuniv, Vyvanse, Adderall 20 for a 39-year old woman who has ADHD
- Comparions of Ortho Tri-cyclen Lo, EPA/DHA Ethyl Ester for a 22-year old woman who has Birth Control
- Comparions of Flaxseed Oil, Fish Oil, Aspirin, Vitamin C, Centrum Silver for a 56-year old man who has Enzyme Supplementation
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.