Review: could Omeprazole magnesium cause Constipation?
Summary: Constipation is found among people who take Omeprazole magnesium, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Vicodin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 637 people who have side effects while taking Omeprazole magnesium from FDA and social media. Among them, 16 have Constipation. Find out below who they are, when they have Constipation and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Omeprazole magnesium and have Constipation >>>
Omeprazole magnesium has active ingredients of omeprazole magnesium. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from 667 Omeprazole magnesium users)
Constipation has been reported by people with osteoporosis, pain, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 81,512 Constipation patients)
On Mar, 30, 2015: 636 people reported to have side effects when taking Omeprazole magnesium. Among them, 16 people (2.52%) have Constipation.
Time on Omeprazole magnesium when people have Constipation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Constipation when taking Omeprazole magnesium * :
Age of people who have Constipation when taking Omeprazole magnesium * :
Severity of Constipation when taking Omeprazole magnesium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Constipation ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (5 people, 31.25%)
- Pain (5 people, 31.25%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (3 people, 18.75%)
- Complex regional pain syndrome (3 people, 18.75%)
- Blood cholesterol (2 people, 12.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vicodin (4 people, 25.00%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (4 people, 25.00%)
- Lisinopril (3 people, 18.75%)
- Losartan potassium (3 people, 18.75%)
- Baclofen (3 people, 18.75%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of omeprazole magnesium and constipation on
Do you have Constipation while taking Omeprazole Magnesium?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Omeprazole magnesium and have Constipation
- support group for people who take Omeprazole magnesium
- support group for people who have Constipation
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Pravastatin Sodium, Lisinopril for a 52-year old man with Hyperlipidemia, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Constipation Aggravated
- A study of side effects of Zyflo Cr for a 34-year old woman with Sinusitis Chronic. The patient has Constipation, Nausea
- A study of drug interactions between Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Bisacodyl, Piperine, Curcumin, Fish Oil, Ativan, Coreg, Prilosec Otc, Wellbutrin Xl, Oxycodone for a 39-year old woman with Chronic Pain, Constipation, Adjuvant For Curcumin, Depression, Inflammatory Pain, Anxiety Disorder, Atrial Tachycardia, Ulcer - Peptic, Breakthrough Pain. The patient has Tricuspid Regurgitation, Chronic Mitral Valve Regurgitation, Heart Murmurs, Ventricular Extrasystoles, Palpitations
- A study of side effects of Prilosec Otc for a 51-year old woman with Reflux Gastritis. The patient has Insomnia Exacerbated, Nausea, Weight Gain, Excessive Hunger
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Zopiclone, Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, Bisacodyl, Sertraline, Gabapentin, Morphine, Morphine Sulfate for a 42-year old woman with Ulcer - Stomach, Insomnia, Fibromyalgia, Constipation, Depression, Degenerative Joint Disease. The patient has Confusion, Blurred Vision, Constipation, Toothaches, Tooth Decay, Depression, Dizziness Exertional, Muscular Weakness, Itching, Eczema Exacerbated, Neck Pain, Headache, Tooth Loss, Recurrent Leg Pain And Cramping, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Fatigue - Chronic, Weight Gain, Food Hoarding, Food Craving, Abdominal Bloating, Ocular Migraine, Stomach Pain, Bedwetting
Recent Omeprazole magnesium related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.