Omeprazole and Acinetobacter infection - from FDA reports
Acinetobacter infection is found among people who take Omeprazole, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Allopurinol, and have Affective disorder. This review analyzes which people have Acinetobacter infection with Omeprazole. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 168,361 people who have side effects when taking Omeprazole from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jun, 27, 2017
168,361 people reported to have side effects when taking Omeprazole.
Among them, 26 people (0.02%) have Acinetobacter infection
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Omeprazole when people have Acinetobacter infection *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 100 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Acinetobacter infection when taking Omeprazole *:
- female: 50 %
- male: 50 %
Age of people who have Acinetobacter infection when taking Omeprazole *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 15.38 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 34.62 %
- 60+: 50.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Urinary Tract Infection (3 people, 11.54%)
- Fever (3 people, 11.54%)
- Deep Venous Thrombosis (3 people, 11.54%)
- Aggression (3 people, 11.54%)
- Affective Disorder (3 people, 11.54%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Allopurinol (9 people, 34.62%)
- Methylprednisolone (6 people, 23.08%)
- Methotrexate (5 people, 19.23%)
- Metronidazole (4 people, 15.38%)
- Humira (4 people, 15.38%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Staphylococcal Infection (14 people, 53.85%)
- Respiratory Acidosis (9 people, 34.62%)
- Multi-Organ Failure (5 people, 19.23%)
- Thrombocytopenia (4 people, 15.38%)
- Anaemia (4 people, 15.38%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Acinetobacter infection when taking Omeprazole?
Omeprazole has active ingredients of omeprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from Omeprazole 174,837 users)
Acinetobacter infection (infection by group of bacteria commonly found in soil and water) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, acinetobacter infection, kidney transplant, crohn's disease, immunodeficiency disorders (latest reports from 764 Acinetobacter infection patients).