Review: could Omeprazole cause Blood sodium decreased?
Summary: Blood sodium decreased is found among people who take Omeprazole, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Depression.
We study 89,969 people who have side effects while taking Omeprazole from FDA and social media. Among them, 439 have Blood sodium decreased. Find out below who they are, when they have Blood sodium decreased and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Omeprazole and have Blood sodium decreased >>>
Omeprazole has active ingredients of omeprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from 92,866 Omeprazole users)
Blood sodium decreased
Blood sodium decreased has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 10,464 Blood sodium decreased patients)
On Mar, 13, 2015: 89,946 people reported to have side effects when taking Omeprazole. Among them, 439 people (0.49%) have Blood Sodium Decreased.
Time on Omeprazole when people have Blood sodium decreased * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Blood sodium decreased||58.82%||23.53%||0.00%||0.00%||17.65%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Blood sodium decreased when taking Omeprazole * :
|Blood sodium decreased||52.10%||47.90% |
Age of people who have Blood sodium decreased when taking Omeprazole * :
|Blood sodium decreased||0.00%||0.24%||0.48%||2.17%||11.81%||6.27%||9.40%||69.64% |
Severity of Blood sodium decreased when taking Omeprazole ** :
How people recovered from Blood sodium decreased ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (67 people, 15.26%)
- Hypertension (38 people, 8.66%)
- Dyspepsia (30 people, 6.83%)
- Neck pain (28 people, 6.38%)
- Psychotic disorder (26 people, 5.92%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (91 people, 20.73%)
- Lorazepam (58 people, 13.21%)
- Amitriptyline hcl (57 people, 12.98%)
- Mirtazapine (55 people, 12.53%)
- Clonazepam (48 people, 10.93%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of omeprazole and blood sodium decreased on
Do you have Blood Sodium Decreased while taking Omeprazole?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Omeprazole and have Blood Sodium Decreased
- support group for people who take Omeprazole
- support group for people who have Blood Sodium Decreased
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Fish Oil, Omeprazole, Gemfibrozil, Enalapril Maleate, Simvastatin, Hydrochlorothiazide for a 55-year old man with Blood Triglycerides Abnormal, Barrett's Oesophagus, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has High Blood Sugar
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Zorvolex for a 21-year old woman with Ulcers, Headache. The patient has Headache
- A study of side effects of Omeprazole for a 45-year old woman with Heartburn - Chronic. The patient has Burning Mouth Syndrome (pain in the mouth and burning sensation on tongue)
- A study of side effects of Omeprazole for a 55-year old man with Barrett's Esophagus. The patient has Barrett's Esophagus (barrett's oesophagus is a disorder in which the lining of the oesophagus (the tube that carries food from the throat to the stomach) is damaged by stomach acid and changed to a lining similar to that of the stomach), Ischemic Colitis (inflammation and injury of the large intestine result from inadequate blood)
- A study of side effects of Omeprazole for a 33-year old woman with Ulcer - Stomach. The patient has Sweating - Excessive (abnormally increased sweating)
Recent Omeprazole related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Citalopram Hydrobromide, Mebeverine Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Omeprazole, Lamotrigine for a 41-year old woman who has Temporal Lobe Nocturnal Epilepsy, Underactive Thyroid, IBS,depression, GERD
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Escitalopram for a 44-year old man who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Famotidine, Omeprazole for a 67-year old man who has GERD
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Omeprazole, Keppra for a 68-year old woman who has Confusion, Barrett's Esophagus
- Comparions of Ibuprofen, Singulair, Omeprazole, Levothyroxine Sodium, Plaquenil for a 54-year old woman who has Autoimmune
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.