Review: could Omeprazole cause Bone density loss (Bone Density Decreased)?
Summary: Bone density loss is found among people who take Omeprazole, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Zometa, and have Gastrooesophageal reflux disease.
We study 89,969 people who have side effects while taking Omeprazole from FDA and social media. Among them, 100 have Bone density loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Bone density loss and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Omeprazole and have Bone density loss >>>
Omeprazole has active ingredients of omeprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from 92,866 Omeprazole users)
Bone density loss
Bone density loss has been reported by people with osteoporosis, osteopenia, depression, breast cancer, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 6,637 Bone density loss patients)
On Mar, 14, 2015: 89,946 people reported to have side effects when taking Omeprazole. Among them, 100 people (0.11%) have Bone Density Loss.
Time on Omeprazole when people have Bone density loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Bone density loss||0.00%||0.00%||60.00%||6.67%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33% |
Gender of people who have Bone density loss when taking Omeprazole * :
|Bone density loss||83.33%||16.67% |
Age of people who have Bone density loss when taking Omeprazole * :
|Bone density loss||0.00%||0.93%||0.00%||0.93%||0.00%||30.84%||28.97%||38.32% |
Severity of Bone density loss when taking Omeprazole ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Bone density loss||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Bone density loss ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (35 people, 35.00%)
- Osteoporosis (25 people, 25.00%)
- Hypertension (23 people, 23.00%)
- Pain (16 people, 16.00%)
- Muscle spasms (15 people, 15.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (47 people, 47.00%)
- Nexium (40 people, 40.00%)
- Dexamethasone (34 people, 34.00%)
- Zoloft (33 people, 33.00%)
- Chemotherapeutics nos (33 people, 33.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Bone Density Loss while taking Omeprazole?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Omeprazole and have Bone Density Loss
- support group for people who take Omeprazole
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Omeprazole for a 33-year old woman with Ulcer - Stomach. The patient has Sweating - Excessive (abnormally increased sweating)
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Myrbetriq, Atacand, Diltiazem Hydrochloride for a 66-year old man with Dyspepsia, Oab, Hypertension. The patient has Bradycardia
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium, Vitamin D, Magnesium Sulfate In Plastic Container, Biotin, Vitamin B12, Cytomel, Singulair, Elavil, Omeprazole, Effexor Xr for a 41-year old woman with Osteoporosis, Chronic Depression, Migraine - Classic, Keratosis Pilaris, Asthma, Gerd. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Ranitidine, Omeprazole, Rapaflo, Tribenzor for a 67-year old man with Acid Reflux, Enlarged Prostate, High Blood Pressure. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Alcohol, Gemfibrozil, Omeprazole, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 53-year old man with None, Blood Triglycerides, Acid Reflux, Major Depression. The patient has Death
Recent Omeprazole related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Omeprazole, Keppra for a 68-year old woman who has Confusion, Barrett's Esophagus
- Comparions of Ibuprofen, Singulair, Omeprazole, Levothyroxine Sodium, Plaquenil for a 54-year old woman who has Autoimmune
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Pantoprazole for a 63-year old woman who has GE Reflux
- Comparions of Dexilant, Omeprazole, Nexium for a 65-year old woman who has Ppi
- Comparions of Prednisone, Omeprazole, Linzess, Ambien for a 22-year old woman who has Migraine
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.