Review: could Omeprazole cause Breathing difficulty?
Summary: Breathing difficulty is found among people who take Omeprazole, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 89,969 people who have side effects while taking Omeprazole from FDA and social media. Among them, 4,535 have Breathing difficulty. Find out below who they are, when they have Breathing difficulty and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Omeprazole and have Breathing difficulty >>>
Omeprazole has active ingredients of omeprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from 92,866 Omeprazole users)
Breathing difficulty has been reported by people with high blood pressure, asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. (latest reports from 165,469 Breathing difficulty patients)
On Mar, 2, 2015: 89,946 people reported to have side effects when taking Omeprazole. Among them, 4,535 people (5.04%) have Breathing Difficulty.
Time on Omeprazole when people have Breathing difficulty * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Breathing difficulty||42.75%||23.79%||11.90%||8.55%||7.43%||1.49%||4.09% |
Gender of people who have Breathing difficulty when taking Omeprazole * :
|Breathing difficulty||57.42%||42.58% |
Age of people who have Breathing difficulty when taking Omeprazole * :
|Breathing difficulty||0.07%||0.35%||1.39%||2.48%||5.41%||10.57%||19.11%||60.61% |
Severity of Breathing difficulty when taking Omeprazole ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Breathing difficulty||5.56%||61.11%||33.33%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Breathing difficulty ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Breathing difficulty||0.00%||14.29%||85.71% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (586 people, 12.92%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (391 people, 8.62%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (323 people, 7.12%)
- Pain (290 people, 6.39%)
- Depression (235 people, 5.18%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (1,024 people, 22.58%)
- Furosemide (635 people, 14.00%)
- Simvastatin (582 people, 12.83%)
- Lisinopril (525 people, 11.58%)
- Lasix (451 people, 9.94%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of omeprazole and breathing difficulty on
Do you have Breathing Difficulty while taking Omeprazole?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Omeprazole and have Breathing Difficulty
- support group for people who take Omeprazole
- support group for people who have Breathing Difficulty
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Zorvolex for a 21-year old woman with Ulcers, Headache. The patient has Headache
- A study of side effects of Omeprazole for a 45-year old woman with Heartburn - Chronic. The patient has Burning Mouth Syndrome (pain in the mouth and burning sensation on tongue)
- A study of side effects of Clomipramine Hydrochloride for a 26-year old man with Obsessive-compulsive Disorder. The patient has Shortness Of Breath
- A study of side effects of Omega-3 Fatty Acid for a 26-year old woman with Ome. The patient has Shortness Of Breath
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Nitrostat, Ondansetron, Oxycodone, Actemra, Nasonex, Spiriva, Victoza, Arava, Diovan Hct, Lipitor, Ranexa, Lantus Solostar, Wellbutrin Xl, Tricor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Xarelto for a 71-year old woman with Influenza B, Copd, Angina, Nausea And Vomiting, Pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rhinitis, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Stop Smoking, Blood Clots. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Neuropathy, Tinnitus, Loss Of Coordination, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Loss, Appetite - Decreased, Diarrhea, Nausea And Vomiting
Recent Omeprazole related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Citalopram Hydrobromide, Mebeverine Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Omeprazole, Lamotrigine for a 41-year old woman who has Temporal Lobe Nocturnal Epilepsy, Underactive Thyroid, IBS,depression, GERD
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Escitalopram for a 44-year old man who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Famotidine, Omeprazole for a 67-year old man who has GERD
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Omeprazole, Keppra for a 68-year old woman who has Confusion, Barrett's Esophagus
- Comparions of Ibuprofen, Singulair, Omeprazole, Levothyroxine Sodium, Plaquenil for a 54-year old woman who has Autoimmune
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.