Review: could Omeprazole cause Burping (Belching)?
Summary: Burping is found among people who take Omeprazole, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Nexium, and have Gastrooesophageal reflux disease.
We study 89,969 people who have side effects while taking Omeprazole from FDA and social media. Among them, 152 have Burping. Find out below who they are, when they have Burping and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Omeprazole and have Burping >>>
Omeprazole has active ingredients of omeprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from 92,866 Omeprazole users)
Burping (noisily release air from the stomach through the mouth) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, gastrooesophageal reflux disease, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 5,912 Burping patients)
On Mar, 14, 2015: 89,946 people reported to have side effects when taking Omeprazole. Among them, 152 people (0.17%) have Burping.
Time on Omeprazole when people have Burping * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Burping when taking Omeprazole * :
Age of people who have Burping when taking Omeprazole * :
Severity of Burping when taking Omeprazole ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Burping ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (31 people, 20.39%)
- Hypertension (17 people, 11.18%)
- Gastritis (13 people, 8.55%)
- Multiple sclerosis (11 people, 7.24%)
- Malaise (10 people, 6.58%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Nexium (23 people, 15.13%)
- Aspirin (20 people, 13.16%)
- Lisinopril (17 people, 11.18%)
- Simvastatin (16 people, 10.53%)
- Metoclopramide (15 people, 9.87%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of omeprazole and burping on
Do you have Burping while taking Omeprazole?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Omeprazole and have Burping
- support group for people who take Omeprazole
- support group for people who have Burping
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Omeprazole for a 33-year old woman with Ulcer - Stomach. The patient has Sweating - Excessive (abnormally increased sweating)
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Myrbetriq, Atacand, Diltiazem Hydrochloride for a 66-year old man with Dyspepsia, Oab, Hypertension. The patient has Bradycardia
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium, Vitamin D, Magnesium Sulfate In Plastic Container, Biotin, Vitamin B12, Cytomel, Singulair, Elavil, Omeprazole, Effexor Xr for a 41-year old woman with Osteoporosis, Chronic Depression, Migraine - Classic, Keratosis Pilaris, Asthma, Gerd. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Ranitidine, Omeprazole, Rapaflo, Tribenzor for a 67-year old man with Acid Reflux, Enlarged Prostate, High Blood Pressure. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Alcohol, Gemfibrozil, Omeprazole, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 53-year old man with None, Blood Triglycerides, Acid Reflux, Major Depression. The patient has Death
Recent Omeprazole related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Omeprazole, Keppra for a 68-year old woman who has Confusion, Barrett's Esophagus
- Comparions of Ibuprofen, Singulair, Omeprazole, Levothyroxine Sodium, Plaquenil for a 54-year old woman who has Autoimmune
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Pantoprazole for a 63-year old woman who has GE Reflux
- Comparions of Dexilant, Omeprazole, Nexium for a 65-year old woman who has Ppi
- Comparions of Prednisone, Omeprazole, Linzess, Ambien for a 22-year old woman who has Migraine
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.