Omeprazole and Burping - from FDA reports
Burping is found among people who take Omeprazole, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Nexium, and have High blood cholesterol. This review analyzes which people have Burping with Omeprazole. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 174,713 people who have side effects when taking Omeprazole from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 21, 2017
174,713 people reported to have side effects when taking Omeprazole.
Among them, 309 people (0.18%) have Burping
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Omeprazole when people have Burping *:
- < 1 month: 47.37 %
- 1 - 6 months: 26.32 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 5.26 %
- 2 - 5 years: 10.53 %
- 5 - 10 years: 10.53 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Burping when taking Omeprazole *:
- female: 66.33 %
- male: 33.67 %
Age of people who have Burping when taking Omeprazole *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.81 %
- 10-19: 3.25 %
- 20-29: 1.63 %
- 30-39: 0.41 %
- 40-49: 9.35 %
- 50-59: 23.58 %
- 60+: 60.98 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Cholesterol (43 people, 13.92%)
- Type 2 Diabetes (18 people, 5.83%)
- Stress And Anxiety (18 people, 5.83%)
- Pain (17 people, 5.50%)
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (16 people, 5.18%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Nexium (48 people, 15.53%)
- Aspirin (24 people, 7.77%)
- Lipitor (22 people, 7.12%)
- Synthroid (18 people, 5.83%)
- Lisinopril (18 people, 5.83%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (76 people, 24.60%)
- Drug Ineffective (57 people, 18.45%)
- Abdominal Discomfort (55 people, 17.80%)
- Flatulence (51 people, 16.50%)
- Abdominal Pain Upper (51 people, 16.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Burping when taking Omeprazole?
Omeprazole has active ingredients of omeprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from Omeprazole 174,837 users)
Burping (noisily release air from the stomach through the mouth) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, high blood cholesterol, gastroesophageal reflux disease (latest reports from 9,499 Burping patients).