Home > Omeprazole > Diverticulitis > Omeprazole and Diverticulitis
Review: could Omeprazole cause Diverticulitis?
We study 89,814 people who have side effects while taking Omeprazole from FDA and social media. Among them, 294 have Diverticulitis. Find out below who they are, when they have Diverticulitis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Omeprazole and have Diverticulitis >>>
Omeprazole (latest outcomes from 92,712 users) has active ingredients of omeprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease.
Diverticulitis (digestive disease which involves the formation of pouches (diverticula) within the bowel wall) (latest reports from 64,307 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, multiple myeloma.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 89,814 people reported to have side effects when taking Omeprazole. Among them, 294 people (0.33%) have Diverticulitis.
Time on Omeprazole when people have Diverticulitis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Diverticulitis when taking Omeprazole * :
Age of people who have Diverticulitis when taking Omeprazole * :
Severity of Diverticulitis when taking Omeprazole ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Diverticulitis ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (62 people, 21.09%)
- Prophylaxis (29 people, 9.86%)
- Hypertension (28 people, 9.52%)
- Osteoporosis (24 people, 8.16%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (24 people, 8.16%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (46 people, 15.65%)
- Prednisone (39 people, 13.27%)
- Furosemide (39 people, 13.27%)
- Folic acid (36 people, 12.24%)
- Methotrexate (35 people, 11.90%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Diverticulitis while taking Omeprazole?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Omeprazole and have Diverticulitis
- support group for people who take Omeprazole
- support group for people who have Diverticulitis
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 months ago):
I had laprascopici surgery for an inguinal hernia about fifteen months ago, since which time I have suffered bouts of diverticulitis, have developed a midline abdominal hernia adjacent to the site of entry of the laparoscope. Symptoms seem more severe when I am also suffering most from sinus pain and congestion
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Could prilosec cause an elevated blood sugar
I've been on Prilosec for about 1 month & my blood sugars have been elevated starting shortly after I started on it. could Prilosec be causing it? Nothing else has changed with my meds or lifestyle.
- What are the withdrawal symptoms of getting off dal mane?
Due to a recent onset of panic attacks I've been given these daily meds. I'm concerned about the long term affects & especially the symptoms that will occur when I try to get off of them.(especially the dalmane) can you please give me info on the best way to stop these meds when I feel it is necess ...
- Does anyone else have trouble getting to sleep since beginning to take brilinta?
Am trying to figure out just why, since stent insertion, I have developed insomnia which keeps me from getting to sleep at night. Brilinta is the only new drug I am taking.I am very sleepy, falling asleep in my chair while watching TV, but wide awake when I go to bed and staying awake until two or t ...
More questions for: Omeprazole, Diverticulitis
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Prednisone mixed results-it lets me breath
have been on prednisone now for 3 years straight. Am taking 30mg a day just to breath. every time i have tried to taper off i have ended up in the emergency room unable to breath. That has been 7 times in the last year. I am 49 years old and was in good health 3-4 years ago. got a cough and it has b ...
- Androgel for secondary hypogonadism
Severe swelling in legs, ankles and feet after being on my feet for more than one hour. Pain in calves and ankles. Feels like they're being squeezed or compressed. Pain dissipates after laying down for a few hours. Swelling never completely dissipates. Always some swelling in ankles.
- Bone infections involving my teeth crohns and prednisone over the past 12 years
Dentist  tell me the abscesses are in the bones and I've had several root canals, bridges, bone surgeries that last 3 years, teeth became so mobile after the bone economy I had them pulled and now a partial one month ago. Bone loss etc. I don't have the ridges in my mouth that most Crohn patients ...
More reviews for: Omeprazole, Diverticulitis
On eHealthMe, Omeprazole (omeprazole) is often used for gastroesophageal reflux disease. Find out below the conditions Omeprazole is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Omeprazole used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Compare Allegra and Vitamin E for a 58-year old woman (20 minutes ago)
- Xarelto for a 68-year old man who has DVT (29 minutes ago)
- B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin C, Lansoprazole, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Ibuprofen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman who has Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Vitamin C Deficiency, Reflux Oesophagitis, Chronic Rhinitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, IBS (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Lithium Carbonate and Vivid Nightmare
- Azathioprine and Total Knee Replacement
- Fluoxetine and Sildenafil Citrate
- Actemra and Depression
- Solu-medrol and Als
Recent user comments
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (6 hours ago)
- "Increase blood glucose while taking herceptin treatme ... " (7 hours ago)
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (10 hours ago)
- Phlebitis Infective
- Terminalia Chebula
- Urethral Adenoma
- High Blood Cholesterol
- Depressed Level Of Consciousness