Review: could Omeprazole cause Ed?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 6, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.6/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 83,841 people who take Omeprazole. Among them, 213 have Ed. See who they are, when they have Ed and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Omeprazole (latest outcomes from 92,355 users) has active ingredients of omeprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease, gastric ulcer. Commonly reported side effects of Omeprazole include nausea aggravated, nausea, breathing difficulty, nausea and vomiting, dyspnoea exacerbated.
Ed (latest reports from 126,309 patients) has been reported by people with erection problems, depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, pain.
On Feb, 28, 2014: 83,841 people reported to have side effects when taking Omeprazole. Among them, 199 people (0.24%) have Ed.
Time on Omeprazole when people have Ed * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Ed when taking Omeprazole * :
Age of people who have Ed when taking Omeprazole * :
Severity of Ed when taking Omeprazole ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Ed ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (23 people, 11.56%)
- Multiple myeloma (21 people, 10.55%)
- Erectile dysfunction (20 people, 10.05%)
- Pain (20 people, 10.05%)
- Dyspepsia (17 people, 8.54%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (64 people, 32.16%)
- Lisinopril (46 people, 23.12%)
- Acetaminophen (40 people, 20.10%)
- Zometa (36 people, 18.09%)
- Simvastatin (33 people, 16.58%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Omeprazole, Ed
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Omeprazole (omeprazole) is often used for gastroesophageal reflux disease. Find out below the conditions Omeprazole is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Omeprazole used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Omeprazole side effects from A to Z:
Browse Omeprazole drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 months ago):
I have pain in my hands (stinging and burning) and feet are numb and burn sometimes. GP says I have gout and periphal neuropath. Have high blood pressure. Afib is condiered not severe and all my cardiologist recomends is a blood thinner.
MD took me off of lovastatin because he said it was attaching my body. Cholestrol is high. 200 to 250.
From this study (13 months ago):
Blood pressure is well controlled (120/80) but feeling faint at times like it is too low. I exercise regularly, but don't seem to lose the 20-30 extra pounds (I weight 225) so my Dr does refuses to reduce the meds until my BMI score is better . Erections are getting slower to build, faster to lose and harder to maintain. Dr. prescribed Cialis but besides costing over $20 a pill and not covered by insurance, it makes my ears ring like crazy.
From this study (1 year ago):
my main concern is the erectile dysfunction, which appeared soon after starting Cymbalta and Oxybutynin, the othercomplaints are, I believe, related to the ARV's
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Omeprazole, Ed
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Tonsillitis for 1 week
i suffered tonsillitisfor a week. and i lose my weight coz i kept on vomiting. we rushed into my doctor's clinic. he advised me to stay in the hospital for 3 days cause my tonsillitis was really severe. he prescribed me cefuroxime axetil via IV for further absorption and omeprazole via IV for my sto ...
- Accutane made me impotent
I am a 61 year old male who was prescribed Accutane at the age of 58 by my ophthalmologist to speed in the healing of my retina from a retinal detachment. It did me absolutely no good whatsoever in that regard and actually caused me to have permanent impotence. My problem started at the exact same ...
- Libido decreased with erectile dysfunction by using olmesartan 20 mg. daily
Libido decreased with erectile dysfunction by using Olmesartan 20 mg. daily.
Other related / associated conditions : anxiety and work stress
More reviews for: Omeprazole, Ed
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Cialis, Lisinopril, Nifedipine, Xarelto, Bumetanide, Uloric, Omeprazole, Paroxetine Hydrochloride, Librium for a patient with Impotence, Blood Pressure Management, Atrial Fibrillation, Blood Pressure Abnormal, Gout, Stomach Discomfort, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Nervousness. The patient has Impotence (Erection problems)
- A study of drug interactions between Losartan, Amlodipine, Omeprazole for a patient with Hypertension, Gerd. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction (Erection problems)
- A study of drug interactions between Isentress, Prezista, Norvir, Cymbalta, Flomax, Acyclovir, Septra Ds, Restoril, Ativan, Norco, Prilosec, Adderall 30, Prochlorperazine Maleate for a patient with Aids, Neurotic Depression (dysthymia), Urinary Incontinence, Prophylactics, Prophylaxis, Insomnia, Anxiety, Pain In Limb, Barrett's Oesophagus, Fatigue - Chronic, Nausea And Vomiting. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction (Erection problems), Neuropathy Peripheral, Insomnia, Prophylaxis Of Nausea And Vomiting
More related studies for: Omeprazole, Ed
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.