Review: could Omeprazole cause Ed (Erection problems)?
Summary: Ed is found among people who take Omeprazole, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 89,994 people who have side effects while taking Omeprazole from FDA and social media. Among them, 217 have Ed. Find out below who they are, when they have Ed and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Omeprazole and have Ed >>>
Omeprazole has active ingredients of omeprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from 92,893 Omeprazole users)
Ed has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, pain, hair loss. (latest reports from 31,507 Ed patients)
On Apr, 4, 2015: 89,969 people reported to have side effects when taking Omeprazole. Among them, 217 people (0.24%) have Ed.
Time on Omeprazole when people have Ed * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Ed when taking Omeprazole * :
Age of people who have Ed when taking Omeprazole * :
Severity of Ed when taking Omeprazole ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Ed ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (26 people, 11.98%)
- Depression (25 people, 11.52%)
- Pain (21 people, 9.68%)
- Erectile dysfunction (20 people, 9.22%)
- Dyspepsia (17 people, 7.83%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (71 people, 32.72%)
- Lisinopril (47 people, 21.66%)
- Acetaminophen (46 people, 21.20%)
- Zometa (43 people, 19.82%)
- Protonix (37 people, 17.05%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of omeprazole and ed on
Do you have Ed while taking Omeprazole?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Omeprazole and have Ed
- support group for people who take Omeprazole
- support group for people who have Ed
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Brilinta, Bisoprolol Fumarate, Atorvastatin Calcium, Aspirin, Ramipril for a 66-year old woman with Hiatus Hernia, Heart Attack. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Cialis, Prilosec, Toprol-xl, Tambocor, Allegra, Lotensin for a 70-year old man with Erectile Dysfunction, Gerd, Hypertensive Cardiomegaly, Hypertension, Allergic Cough. The patient has Leukocytosis, Anemia
- A study of side effects of Omeprazole for a 63-year old man with Reflux Oesophagitis. The patient has Itching, Angioedema
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Chlorpheniramine Maleate for a 34-year old man with Barrett's Oesophagus, Jaundice - Yellow Skin. The patient has Jaundice, Liver Function Test Abnormal, Blood Bilirubin Abnormal
- A study of drug interactions between Ventolin, Anturol, Tramadol, Hydroxyzine, Wellbutrin, Methylphenidate Hydrochloride, Omeprazole, Gabapentin, Metoprolol Succinate, Levoxyl, Trileptal, Topiramate for a 44-year old woman with Panic Attacks, Overactive Bladder, Tension Headaches, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Adhd, Gerd, Fibromyalgia, High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism, Bipolar. The patient has Leg And Arm Numbness (upper Arms), Exhaustion
Recent Omeprazole related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Zantac for a 66-year old woman who has Acid Reflux
- Comparions of Atenolol, Omeprazole for a 83-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Pantoprazole for a 49-year old woman who has Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Phentermine, Zorvolex, Gabapentin for a 49-year old woman who has Nerve Pain
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Metformin, Losartan, Carvedilol, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 61-year old man who has Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.