Review: could Omeprazole cause Glossitis?
Summary: Glossitis is found among people who take Omeprazole, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Lyrica, and have Squamous cell carcinoma.
We study 89,994 people who have side effects while taking Omeprazole from FDA and social media. Among them, 100 have Glossitis. Find out below who they are, when they have Glossitis and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Omeprazole and have Glossitis >>>
Omeprazole has active ingredients of omeprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from 92,893 Omeprazole users)
Glossitis (infection of tongue with soreness) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, asthma, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain. (latest reports from 2,478 Glossitis patients)
On Mar, 27, 2015: 89,969 people reported to have side effects when taking Omeprazole. Among them, 100 people (0.11%) have Glossitis.
Time on Omeprazole when people have Glossitis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Glossitis when taking Omeprazole * :
Age of people who have Glossitis when taking Omeprazole * :
Severity of Glossitis when taking Omeprazole ** :
How people recovered from Glossitis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Squamous cell carcinoma (13 people, 13.00%)
- Helicobacter infection (9 people, 9.00%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (7 people, 7.00%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (7 people, 7.00%)
- Insomnia (6 people, 6.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lyrica (36 people, 36.00%)
- Lasix (35 people, 35.00%)
- Gabapentin (35 people, 35.00%)
- Xanax (32 people, 32.00%)
- Elavil (32 people, 32.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of omeprazole and glossitis on
Do you have Glossitis while taking Omeprazole?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Omeprazole and have Glossitis
- support group for people who take Omeprazole
- support group for people who have Glossitis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Levothyroxine Sodium, Prilosec, Paroxetine Hydrochloride, Adderall for a 40-year old man with Hypertension, Hypothyroidism, Reflux Gastritis, Ptsd, Add. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Tramadol, Omeprazole, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 37-year old woman with Fibromyalgia, Stomach Discomfort, Fibromyalgia Syndrome. The patient has Dysphasia
- A study of drug interactions between Lomotil, Celexa, Gemfibrozil, Lisinopril, Atenolol, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Prilosec for a 48-year old woman with Incontinence, Depression, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Insomnia, Gerd. The patient has Loss Of Hair
- A study of side effects of Omeprazole for a 59-year old woman with Gastritis. The patient has Hunger
- A study of drug interactions between Elmiron, Cyproheptadine Hydrochloride, Ibuprofen, Zantac, Omeprazole, Gildess Fe 1/20, Plaquenil, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Prazosin Hydrochloride, Wellbutrin Xl, Celexa, Provigil for a 37-year old woman with Interstitial Cystitis (IC), Hives, Joint Pain, Gerd, Menstruation Irregular, Lupus, Anxiety, Nightmare, Depression. The patient has Weight Gain
Recent Omeprazole related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Centrum Silver, Aspirin, Caffeine, Omeprazole, Fluconazole for a 59-year old woman who has Irregular Heartbeat
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Zantac for a 66-year old woman who has Acid Reflux
- Comparions of Atenolol, Omeprazole for a 83-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Pantoprazole for a 49-year old woman who has Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Phentermine, Zorvolex, Gabapentin for a 49-year old woman who has Nerve Pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.