Review: could Omeprazole cause Glossitis?
Summary: Glossitis is found among people who take Omeprazole, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Lyrica, and have Squamous cell carcinoma.
We study 89,969 people who have side effects while taking Omeprazole from FDA and social media. Among them, 100 have Glossitis. Find out below who they are, when they have Glossitis and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Omeprazole and have Glossitis >>>
Omeprazole has active ingredients of omeprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from 92,866 Omeprazole users)
Glossitis (infection of tongue with soreness) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, asthma, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. (latest reports from 2,478 Glossitis patients)
On Mar, 27, 2015: 89,969 people reported to have side effects when taking Omeprazole. Among them, 100 people (0.11%) have Glossitis.
Time on Omeprazole when people have Glossitis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Glossitis when taking Omeprazole * :
Age of people who have Glossitis when taking Omeprazole * :
Severity of Glossitis when taking Omeprazole ** :
How people recovered from Glossitis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Squamous cell carcinoma (13 people, 13.00%)
- Helicobacter infection (9 people, 9.00%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (7 people, 7.00%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (7 people, 7.00%)
- Insomnia (6 people, 6.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lyrica (36 people, 36.00%)
- Lasix (35 people, 35.00%)
- Gabapentin (35 people, 35.00%)
- Xanax (32 people, 32.00%)
- Elavil (32 people, 32.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Omeprazole and glossitis on
Do you have Glossitis while taking Omeprazole?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Omeprazole and have Glossitis
- support group for people who take Omeprazole
- support group for people who have Glossitis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Trazodone Hydrochloride, Pantoprazole, Omeprazole, Paracetamol, Escitalopram for a 36-year old man with Depression, Ge Reflux, Fever. The patient has Anxiety, Chills, Blister, Dizziness, Depression, Reflux, Fever
- A study of drug interactions between Methadone Hydrochloride, Promethazine, Clonidine, Xanax, Wellbutrin, Prilosec, Garcinia Cambogia for a 29-year old woman with Withdrawal From Opioids, Nasuea, Sleep - Natural Short Sleeper, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Acid Reflux, Weight Loss.
- A study of drug interactions between Restasis, Soma, Aspirin, Omeprazole, Levothroid, Naproxen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman with Double Vision, Muscle And Nerve Problems, Systemic, Gerd, Hypothyroidism, Osteoporosis, Nerve And Muscle Problem. The patient has Uti - Chronic Or Recurrent, Sjogren Syndrome, Enlarged Lymph Nodes, Adrenal Neoplasm, Cortisol Level, Nerve Problems, Muscle Cramps
- A study of drug interactions between Atelvia, Remicade, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Cyanocobalamin, Synthroid, Escitalopram, Meclizine, Potassium Chloride, Sulfadiazine, Folic Acid, Omeprazole, Plaquenil, Prednisone, Methotrexate for a 71-year old woman with Osteonecrosis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hot Flashes, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Low Thyroid, Anxiety, Vertigo. The patient has Hair Loss, Tmj Disorders, Dry Mouth
- A study of side effects of Omeprazole for a 36-year old woman with Acid Reflux. The patient has Loss Of Memory, Absence Of Thirst
Recent Omeprazole related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Pantoprazole for a 49-year old woman who has Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Phentermine, Zorvolex, Gabapentin for a 49-year old woman who has Nerve Pain
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Metformin, Losartan, Carvedilol, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 61-year old man who has Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
- Comparions of Citalopram Hydrobromide, Mebeverine Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Omeprazole, Lamotrigine for a 41-year old woman who has Temporal Lobe Nocturnal Epilepsy, Underactive Thyroid, IBS,depression, GERD
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Escitalopram for a 44-year old man who has Anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.