Review: could Omeprazole cause Hair thinning (Hair loss)?
Summary: Hair thinning is found among people who take Omeprazole, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Prednisone, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 89,994 people who have side effects while taking Omeprazole from FDA and social media. Among them, 579 have Hair thinning. Find out below who they are, when they have Hair thinning and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Omeprazole and have Hair thinning >>>
Omeprazole has active ingredients of omeprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from 92,893 Omeprazole users)
Hair thinning has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, depression. (latest reports from 42,762 Hair thinning patients)
On Apr, 7, 2015: 89,969 people reported to have side effects when taking Omeprazole. Among them, 579 people (0.64%) have Hair Thinning.
Time on Omeprazole when people have Hair thinning * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Hair thinning||22.22%||11.11%||11.11%||13.33%||8.89%||8.89%||24.44% |
Gender of people who have Hair thinning when taking Omeprazole * :
|Hair thinning||83.56%||16.44% |
Age of people who have Hair thinning when taking Omeprazole * :
|Hair thinning||0.00%||0.20%||2.02%||3.83%||8.27%||14.11%||21.37%||50.20% |
Severity of Hair thinning when taking Omeprazole ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Hair thinning||4.00%||56.00%||32.00%||8.00% |
How people recovered from Hair thinning ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Hair thinning||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (78 people, 13.47%)
- Hypertension (53 people, 9.15%)
- Depression (47 people, 8.12%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (43 people, 7.43%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (33 people, 5.70%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prednisone (91 people, 15.72%)
- Humira (74 people, 12.78%)
- Aspirin (65 people, 11.23%)
- Enbrel (65 people, 11.23%)
- Simvastatin (55 people, 9.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hair Thinning while taking Omeprazole?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Omeprazole and have Hair Thinning
- support group for people who take Omeprazole
- support group for people who have Hair Thinning
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Simvastatin, Omeprazole, Atenolol, Levaquin, Jantoven, Synthroid for a 73-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol, Gerd, Hypertension, Acute Bronchitis, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Knee Pain
- A study of side effects of Lyrica for a 46-year old woman with RSD. The patient has Hair Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Meloxicam, Diovan, Omeprazole, Zolpidem, Alprazolam, Provera, Zyrtec Allergy, Lexapro, Topamax for a 41-year old woman with Arthritis, High Blood Pressure, Gerd, Insomnia, Anxiety Disorder, Endometriosis, Allergic Sinusitis, Depression, Bipolar. The patient has Teeth Grinding And Clenching
- A study of side effects of Omeprazole for a 63-year old man with Indigestion.
- A study of drug interactions between Miralax, Omeprazole, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Cetirizine Hydrochloride, Vitamin D, Hydroxyzine, Sertraline, Lamotrigine, Proair Hfa, Advair Diskus 250/50, Montelukast Sodium for a 39-year old woman with Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Acid Reflux, High Blood Pressure, Allergy, Vitamin D Decreased, Anxiety Disorder, Chronic Depression, Bipolar Disorder, Asthma. The patient has Bronchitis Acute, Irregular Heartbeat
Recent Omeprazole related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Pantoprazole for a 49-year old woman who has Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Phentermine, Zorvolex, Gabapentin for a 49-year old woman who has Nerve Pain
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Metformin, Losartan, Carvedilol, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 61-year old man who has Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
- Comparions of Citalopram Hydrobromide, Mebeverine Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Omeprazole, Lamotrigine for a 41-year old woman who has Temporal Lobe Nocturnal Epilepsy, Underactive Thyroid, IBS,depression, GERD
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Escitalopram for a 44-year old man who has Anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.